The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 4 July 2020, 09:38 PM   #121
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I wore a mask and gloves everywhere. I was diligent. Not perfect. But very diligent.
Superdog:

My brother we have expressed different opinions in the past and no doubt will do so in the future. I enjoy the back and forth. But if this pandemic has demonstrated anything it is that we all have opinions but that and actions speak louder than words.

For me, your conduct in taking precautions for yourself and others is the mark of individual responsibility.

I am happy that you and your wife are ok and wish you the best.

Stay safe.
Old 5 July 2020, 12:48 AM   #122
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Superdog:

My brother we have expressed different opinions in the past and no doubt will do so in the future. I enjoy the back and forth. But if this pandemic has demonstrated anything it is that we all have opinions but that and actions speak louder than words.

For me, your conduct in taking precautions for yourself and others is the mark of individual responsibility.

Stay safe.
My man. Thanks brother for this note. I too have enjoy our discussions.

I have also learned quite a bit. Thank you again for the message and the sentiment behind it.

As always, much respect for you.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 5 July 2020, 04:05 AM   #123
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Superdog:

Stay safe.
Quote:
My man. Thanks brother for this note. I too have enjoy our discussions.

I have also learned quite a bit. Thank you again for the message and the sentiment behind it.

As always, much respect for you.

For the record, I don’t like either one of you!!!!
Old 5 July 2020, 04:17 AM   #124
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
What an idiot! Everyone knows you have to use TWO pinches of Borax or the 5G waves can permeate your bone marrow!
Or one pinch of the 40 Mule Team Borax.
Old 5 July 2020, 04:27 AM   #125
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
Or one pinch of the 40 Mule Team Borax.
Exactly!!!!
Old 5 July 2020, 04:31 AM   #126
TheVTCGuy
Banned

And another thing!!!!

People say I complain too much I’M SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING I COMPLAIN TOO MUCH!!!
Old 5 July 2020, 04:36 AM   #127
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
And another thing!!!!

People say I complain too much I’M SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING I COMPLAIN TOO MUCH!!!
You complain too much Paul.

DAVE

Old 5 July 2020, 04:38 AM   #128
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For the record, I don’t like either one of you!!!!
I like them both. There are others I don't though.

DAVE

Old 5 July 2020, 04:43 AM   #129
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
You complain too much Paul.
X2 Waaaay to much!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 5 July 2020, 05:25 AM   #130
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
X2 Waaaay to much!
AND ANOTHER THING!!!! What about all this violence on Television!
Old 5 July 2020, 06:53 AM   #131
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Message from one hospital I work in (received tonight ) .."reached max ventilation capacity,cannot admit more that may need ventilation ."
Old 6 July 2020, 04:53 AM   #132
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/04/h...-airborne.html
Old 6 July 2020, 05:39 AM   #133
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
Great article.
Old 6 July 2020, 06:22 AM   #134
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Great article.
Yes. Great article.

Stay safe.
Old 6 July 2020, 10:06 PM   #135
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Message from one hospital I work in (received tonight ) .."reached max ventilation capacity,cannot admit more that may need ventilation ."
Would be interesting if there was an updated way to use something like the below instead...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0627142512.htm
Old 6 July 2020, 10:08 PM   #136
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Just my personal opinion, but I’ve been thinking for a while that HVAC advancements may be one of the biggest results from this...
Old 7 July 2020, 08:12 PM   #137
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Validates my theory.

I hope I’m right. Everyone should. This is the best possible scenario right now. Everything else is just bleak.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-im...imessage_share

Old 7 July 2020, 09:12 PM   #138
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Apparently not everyone who recovers get the amount of antibodies necessary to be considered immune. A study in Spain also noted only 5% did come through with enough antibodies to be immune.

If true, it would take 24 months for Spain to reach a 60% (a figure deemed to be a “herd immune” level)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 7 July 2020, 09:18 PM   #139
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Apparently not everyone who recovers get the amount of antibodies necessary to be considered immune. A study in Spain also noted only 5% did come through with enough antibodies to be immune.

If true, it would take 24 months for Spain to reach a 60% (a figure deemed to be a “herd immune” level)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The earth protecting itself. Checks and balances.

This coming from a guy that has his elderly, not healthy parents getting on a plane, today, from Arizona to NJ. So that they can move to Florida.

Old 7 July 2020, 10:26 PM   #140
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. A lot of hard work and research is taking place for the betterment of society. Lot's of room for some improvements that can help us in the future.
Old 7 July 2020, 10:26 PM   #141
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Validates my theory.

I hope I’m right. Everyone should. This is the best possible scenario right now. Everything else is just bleak.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-im...imessage_share
I hope you're right as well, though I fear you're not. There are aspects of this disease we know about, and many we don't. I'm waiting for more consensus from the scientific community and will continue to take a conservative approach to dealing with this pandemic for me and my family, though I understand everyone has different risk tolerances.

That doesn't mean I'm hiding in the basement. Rather, I'll limit moderate and high risk activities and settle for lower risk social activities for now. Specifically that means I'll physically distance, wear a mask in public indoor spaces (and outdoor if congested), and avoid traveling by air for pleasure. My wife and I still dine outside when restaurants and patrons are behaving according to best practices, still get tons of outdoor time without masks on, still socialize with our small circle of friends, etc.

Side-note, I tend to agree with views in articles published in mainstream media. However one thing that just kills me is the whole "beach-shaming" phenomenon. Photos depict supposedly packed beaches filled with viral particles and leading to outbreaks. Articles that have nothing to do with beaches, lakes, or oceans show stock photos of people enjoying the outdoors. The evidence is so damned sparse that this is a significant contributor to spread of the virus. That's the kind of irresponsible reporting that leads to mistrust in the media. The safest place for socialization and exercise is to be outside in a breezy area, rather than confining people to small indoor places where we know for a fact the virus spreads like crazy.

Hope you and your family stay well
Old 7 July 2020, 10:35 PM   #142
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
I hope you're right as well, though I fear you're not. There are aspects of this disease we know about, and many we don't. I'm waiting for more consensus from the scientific community and will continue to take a conservative approach to dealing with this pandemic for me and my family, though I understand everyone has different risk tolerances.

That doesn't mean I'm hiding in the basement. Rather, I'll limit moderate and high risk activities and settle for lower risk social activities for now. Specifically that means I'll physically distance, wear a mask in public indoor spaces (and outdoor if congested), and avoid traveling by air for pleasure. My wife and I still dine outside when restaurants and patrons are behaving according to best practices, still get tons of outdoor time without masks on, still socialize with our small circle of friends, etc.

Side-note, I tend to agree with views in articles published in mainstream media. However one thing that just kills me is the whole "beach-shaming" phenomenon. Photos depict supposedly packed beaches filled with viral particles and leading to outbreaks. Articles that have nothing to do with beaches, lakes, or oceans show stock photos of people enjoying the outdoors. The evidence is so damned sparse that this is a significant contributor to spread of the virus. That's the kind of irresponsible reporting that leads to mistrust in the media. The safest place for socialization and exercise is to be outside in a breezy area, rather than confining people to small indoor places where we know for a fact the virus spreads like crazy.

I fear that I am not as well. Hoboken NJ just spiked. I am hoping this is an anomaly. If not, my theory is mostly shot to poop.

Agree with your last paragraph as well. It is more of the MSM just fear mongering and selling clicks. We are in a very tenuous state of society. I personally do not see things going well.

Old 7 July 2020, 11:52 PM   #143
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

One very real possibility for this virus is that it may well mutate into something LESS transmissible and/or virulent over time. This would be the best case scenario, obviously.

The Spanish (I know, Kansas...) Flu of 1918-1920 that killed so many Is actually still present. A combination of mutations and gradual immunity simply rendered it much less deadly.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 8 July 2020, 12:42 AM   #144
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:

Matt, so very well said! You are a very smart man.. juste like i is two! This is bad, but as you stated we can't hide in the basement. Stay safe my friend!
Old 8 July 2020, 01:11 AM   #145
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Matt, so very well said! You are a very smart man.. juste like i is two! This is bad, but as you stated we can't hide in the basement. Stay safe my friend!
Thanks Paul

Without getting specifically pxxxxical I've been soooooo disappointed with the response in the US. I remember 9-11 and how it brought us all together. We made missteps then, but we did it together for the most part.

Right now, we are fractured and people are dying unnecessarily. We made sacrifices economically with the hopes of mustering a more complete response, which we have again failed at as far as I'm concerned. This has led to a state of helplessness, denial, and "oh well we tried" which is not at all what this country pretends to be about. Meanwhile our neighbors and allies across the globe seem to be in a better position for the most part.

Once we come together, we'll beat this thing together while protecting and supporting the weakest among us. I hope we turn that corner sooner rather than later.
Old 8 July 2020, 01:15 AM   #146
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
What if it mutates to be more deadly and transmissible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
One very real possibility for this virus is that it may well mutate into something LESS transmissible and/or virulent over time. This would be the best case scenario, obviously.

The Spanish (I know, Kansas...) Flu of 1918-1920 that killed so many Is actually still present. A combination of mutations and gradual immunity simply rendered it much less deadly.
Things don’t always occur the way we want.
Old 8 July 2020, 01:24 AM   #147
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Paul

Without getting specifically pxxxxical I've been soooooo disappointed with the response in the US. I remember 9-11 and how it brought us all together. We made missteps then, but we did it together for the most part.

Right now, we are fractured and people are dying unnecessarily. We made sacrifices economically with the hopes of mustering a more complete response, which we have again failed at as far as I'm concerned. This has led to a state of helplessness, denial, and "oh well we tried" which is not at all what this country pretends to be about. Meanwhile our neighbors and allies across the globe seem to be in a better position for the most part.

Once we come together, we'll beat this thing together while protecting and supporting the weakest among us. I hope we turn that corner sooner rather than later.
Again, very well said.

Are you sure you went to USC? You ALMOST present the knowledge level of a University of California man, (like myself ).

Here is my best game, against your alma matter. Nice legs huh? This was 1980... I am in the exact shame shape today!

(OK, so I’m a liar).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BFF4695F-9766-473E-AE14-EEF01DD4C302.jpeg (109.7 KB, 86 views)
Old 8 July 2020, 01:35 AM   #148
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Again, very well said.

Are you sure you went to USC? You ALMOST present the knowledge level of a University of California man, (like myself ).

Here is my best game, against your alma matter. Nice legs huh? This was 1980... I am in the exact shame shape today!

(OK, so I’m a liar).
That's awesome Paul! Yes I did attend the best school in southern California, and UCSD was my second choice. I spent a day at each campus and was sold on USC, feel very fortunate to have attended. My friends and I always joke that we were the last of the dumb, first of the smart classes and none of us would've gotten in today. Used to be you could just buy your way in honestly, then they filled in the gaps with people who actually have potential. Now you have to do shady deals, lie on your application, pretend you are a swimmer or sailing expert, and then buy your way in, what a joke
Old 8 July 2020, 03:09 AM   #149
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bna/lion View Post
covid-19 is real, people are still infecting others, no one is immune, social distancing and wearing a mask when around others is reccomend.

Glad to hear he was negative but it is clear tests have false negative readings so, retest a few more time to be safe. Also, he may want to self quarantine to prevent further spread.

Strang times for sure.

+1
Old 8 July 2020, 03:23 AM   #150
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice legs huh?
I wouldn't go that far.

DAVE

Closed Thread