The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 July 2020, 08:39 AM   #31
thedak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

thedak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 08:44 AM   #32
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Seriously. That ass is so hot.

Did I just say that???

My wife is going to kill me.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 09:05 AM   #33
thedak
"TRF" Member

thedak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 10:41 AM   #34
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedak View Post

Wow that color is fire. Congrats Matt enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I don't know brother.

I might even go for a Turbo Cab if I can get one. I really like the 992 that much.

But this is my spec. I waited months for it. Not sure I can part with it.

Loving yours. So sexy. Hard to look it as I like them so much.

You dirty dog! turbo cab is the ballers choice. All the comforts of home and all the power to dust everyone in a drop

I’d have a hard time letting that one go too but what needs doing needs doing. No room for sentiment in 2020!
Old 8 July 2020, 11:31 AM   #35
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Wow that color is fire. Congrats Matt enjoy it

You dirty dog! turbo cab is the ballers choice. All the comforts of home and all the power to dust everyone in a drop

I’d have a hard time letting that one go too but what needs doing needs doing. No room for sentiment in 2020!
Agree with that statement. Very much so. I suppose we will see when it’s available. Thankfully it’s not a call I need to make right now. Love Porsche. Amazing cars.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 01:33 PM   #36
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Hi.

I've owned several 911s. 964, 993, 996, 997 and 991.1 S. All coupe. All used except for the 991 which I ordered. All manual transmissions, as God intended for sports cars to be. If you have to drive in LA traffic, then you'll get a pass on the PDK if you must.

RWD. End of story.

That is a tough one. I haven't driven the 992 so can't say. You need to decide that one yourself.

As few as possible. You'll get toasted on resale.

There's nothing like the smell and feel of a new car that no one else has farted in. If you can find what you like/want at a substantial savings, then go for it.

My last one was a 2014, and I think I got around 8% off. The market is different now, sales are down but so is production. Try not to pay MSRP.

The only ones that hold their value well are the extremely limited editions, like the R or GT3.

Color is totally up to you. Avoid odd colors if you're concerned with resale.

Have fun shopping. Take your time.
Thanks for this. Very helpful responses. I definitely intend to take the time to look around and try a few variants out before pulling the trigger.

Given this will be a daily driver in LA, I plan on sticking to automatic. I do have a vintage manual convertible for weekends and nice drives along the coast. It's a far cry from a Porsche (rather, a '73 Fiat Spider in pristine condition) but definitely scratches the manual driving itch!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 02:15 PM   #37
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Thx bas

That’s beautiful!!!
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 02:28 PM   #38
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
That’s beautiful!!!

Thx Jim. Happy to trade seat time for pool and keg time

Old 8 July 2020, 02:32 PM   #39
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Joey! First, I want to say an excellent choice. I really think the 911 is the perfect car (and this is always subjective) but for daily driving, maintenance costs, enjoyment, power, finish, and smile factor….can’t beat it.

I will give you the short story on my Porsche History: Dad had one, I wanted one and when I could afford it I got a 718 Cayman S. Loved it but it didn’t have that 911 feeling or drive. I went back to the same dealer and tested a 991.2 and fell in love. The 911 T was announced and I fell in love with it – a driver’s car. Received an allocation and built it in a week.

I echo what others have said on options. If you go on the configurator (one of the better ones IMO of any car company) the options can start at 2K and shoot up to 50K. Be minimal because resale on some options does suck.
Main ones to consider: Rear Axle Steering. With the larger wheelbase of the 992, the RAS makes it seem smaller. Also, super easy to flip a U turn in crowded streets, and AMAZING in corners at high speed. Manual. I think it’s the only option. Yes, it’s slower but I feel more connected with the car and I like controlling it. However, you are in busy LA so as m j b said, you get a pass. Sport Package is pretty nice for what you get. If you have a lot of driveways that have a major incline, I would recommend the front axle lift. Pops up quick, you can back out, back in or whatever, and then it lowers without the heart wrenching scrape. PCCBs are nice – no brake dust and they stop on a dime. It is an $$$ option and they are yellow but with the 992 you can option black. With that said, if it’s a daily and you are not going to track it, the S brakes work perfect, and they are a no cost option. Lastly, with you in Cali, I would say RWD.

Although I have a 991.2, when it went in for its first service - I got a 992 for the day and I had a blast. Definitely a better car (and that pains me to say) in a lot of ways. And it still keeps the sexy 911 heritage.

If you need anything else, feel free to DM. Enjoy the buying experience, it’s a blast.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote