The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 21 November 2020, 01:26 PM   #31
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

Hulk + 5711(s)

Echo similar sentiments. In addition, with the recent hype and debate surrounding the hulk and the cermit, I have found myself not wearing the hulk out in public. Find the 5711 to be more stealth especially with the low profile but so unbelievably easy to scratch...I was actually asked today what happened to my watch game because I was wearing this "weird brand" instead of a Rolex...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture__2.jpg (147.2 KB, 150 views)
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 11:47 PM   #32
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizu View Post
i have 2 rolexes (datejust and batman) and 3 pateks (5146, 5170 and 5712).
i wear all my Pateks and non of my Rolexes.
watches that are hand made, hand finished have soul....thats all i can say
Don't kid yourself - at the Patek 5711 level, I'd bet there's not much difference in the amount of total actual hands on time in the manufacturing process compared to a Hulk. Both manufactures are highly automated. Now for a PP grand complication costing 6 figures and way up, there should be a huge amount of hand finishing. Is there and just how much? Probably so and likely quite a bit, but creating perceptions is a big part of marketing and maintaining secrecy is the fuel for maintaining perceptions.
Old 30 November 2020, 08:29 AM   #33
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
Don't kid yourself - at the Patek 5711 level, I'd bet there's not much difference in the amount of total actual hands on time in the manufacturing process compared to a Hulk. Both manufactures are highly automated. Now for a PP grand complication costing 6 figures and way up, there should be a huge amount of hand finishing. Is there and just how much? Probably so and likely quite a bit, but creating perceptions is a big part of marketing and maintaining secrecy is the fuel for maintaining perceptions.

Don’t kid myself?!
The amount of actual hands on time polishing one bridge of any PP is more than the amount of actual hands on time on any hulk from start to finishing the process of manufacturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk