The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 June 2020, 10:40 AM   #1
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Royal Oak Chrono - Which one??

If I am a new Audemars Piguet customer, and was looking to purchase one of he following watches from an AD, would both be somewhat obtainable? I’m assuming the rose gold is easier than the stainless steel.

If not, what would be the estimated wait time?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12F0F2C5-A2E0-463B-B235-A46C2F6205C0.jpeg (59.9 KB, 619 views)
File Type: jpeg 6D9652DC-6046-4869-8C56-48EADB6809C7.jpeg (57.2 KB, 611 views)
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 12:13 PM   #2
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Yes, the rose gold would be easier to obtain than the stainless steel. It would be easier to acquire from the boutique than ADs. Last month there was one seller here list the rose gold piece for sale at the lower price than msrp.

How long is the waiting time it varies from city to city, you better check with the boutique in your city.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 12:20 PM   #3
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

The RG one was sitting in the AD in NY when I passed through last year. I think both should be okay overall outside of Asia especially after the price hike at the beginning of the year.

I do find myself thinking about adding the RG one (have the SS) and putting it on the rubber strap these days. Seems like all other watch makes like VC is having their own RG + Blue dial watch added these days.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
The AP AD in Houston told me 2-3 years for the SS if I put down a deposit. He expects to receive 2 Or 3 annually and the waitlist for those putting a deposit is 6 names long. Without a deposit he said 3-5 years.

Check out Chrono24, multiple on there. The SS prices are over MSRP but the gold bracelet and on leather are a little below to in line with MSRP, depending on the seller.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:16 AM   #5
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
The AP AD in Houston told me 2-3 years for the SS if I put down a deposit. He expects to receive 2 Or 3 annually and the waitlist for those putting a deposit is 6 names long. Without a deposit he said 3-5 years.

Check out Chrono24, multiple on there. The SS prices are over MSRP but the gold bracelet and on leather are a little below to in line with MSRP, depending on the seller.
It seems like AP doesn't support their ADs much, with that kind of allocation to ADs, how can they make money?

If people have to wait that long, it might be better just goes grey with a little premium.

For Texas, this coming July the new AP Boutique will be open at Highland Village Park in Dallas.
Old 2 June 2020, 12:40 AM   #6
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
It seems like AP doesn't support their ADs much, with that kind of allocation to ADs, how can they make money?
AP is moving away from the AD (multi brand model)... The boutiques now are mostly corp owned or a joint venture with the big boys in the area (ex. THG and Sincere in SEA, WoS and Wempe in the EU... etc)

This will not change in the near future ...

https://usa.watchpro.com/audemars-pi...ibrand-retail/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKCN1LM2MI
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 08:36 AM   #7
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S`` View Post
AP is moving away from the AD (multi brand model)... The boutiques now are mostly corp owned or a joint venture with the big boys in the area (ex. THG and Sincere in SEA, WoS and Wempe in the EU... etc)

This will not change in the near future ...

https://usa.watchpro.com/audemars-pi...ibrand-retail/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKCN1LM2MI
Thanks for the articles.

I hope they start to sell it online soon, so customers can have more chances to acquire the models that they want. They still should have the boutique in every city, so we can see the real thing before we purchase online.
Old 2 June 2020, 09:49 AM   #8
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If people have to wait that long, it might be better just goes grey with a little premium.

For Texas, this coming July the new AP Boutique will be open at Highland Village Park in Dallas.
Exactly what I did, paid $1500 over MSRP for the blue chrono 26331st brand new. NO wait, no hassle and no non-sense. Just easier that way.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 10:22 AM   #9
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Exactly what I did, paid $1500 over MSRP for the blue chrono 26331st brand new. NO wait, no hassle and no non-sense. Just easier that way.
Congratulations!

You paid = $26800 + sale tax + $1500 or = $26800 + $1500

Either one it still seems like a very good deal for blue dial.

What is the date on the warranty card?
Old 2 June 2020, 11:17 AM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratulations!

You paid = $26800 + sale tax + $1500 or = $26800 + $1500

Either one it still seems like a very good deal for blue dial.

What is the date on the warranty card?
The latter, no sales tax, 2020 warranty card. Was an existing good relationship I move a lot of watches with.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 01:58 PM   #11
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

The Houston AD is a very large jeweler and also is an AD for a lot of Richemont brands as well as FPJ. They’re not going to go broke selling only offshores or ladies RO.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 11:57 PM   #12
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The Houston AD is a very large jeweler and also is an AD for a lot of Richemont brands as well as FPJ. They’re not going to go broke selling only offshores or ladies RO.
I think you are talking about Zadok Jewelers. Yes, it's a very large jeweler in Houston, but AP give them very limited stock. Zadok is building their own building on Post Oak Blvd now. AP plans to shut down all the ADs in the near future, AP wants to sell their watches at their boutiques or online only. I think Zadok wants to own AP boutique in Houston also, but it depends on the deal with AP.

I email AP about acquiring their watches that is not available at AD. AP gave my information to the manager of new AP boutique in Dallas (suppose to open later this year) to contact me.
Old 3 June 2020, 06:56 AM   #13
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
I think you are talking about Zadok Jewelers. Yes, it's a very large jeweler in Houston, but AP give them very limited stock. Zadok is building their own building on Post Oak Blvd now. AP plans to shut down all the ADs in the near future, AP wants to sell their watches at their boutiques or online only. I think Zadok wants to own AP boutique in Houston also, but it depends on the deal with AP.

I email AP about acquiring their watches that is not available at AD. AP gave my information to the manager of new AP boutique in Dallas (suppose to open later this year) to contact me.
I am referring to them. If Zadok loses the AP license it won't be huge loss of revenue for them.

I bought my RO from them back in 2017 before the hype. I went by the store during Xmas time checking out the stock, and one of the ladies was like "I remember when we used to be able to get steel RO's to sell".
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 02:05 PM   #14
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

You can get both from boutique “usa” quite easily. What’s your wrist size? You might consider the 26315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:00 PM   #15
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
You can get both from boutique “usa” quite easily. What’s your wrist size? You might consider the 26315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wrist size is 8 1/8 inches. I think the size of this watch will be fine on my wrist. I’m 6’4” and weight 225. The smaller watches look lost on my wrist.

I appreciate everyone’s input. I can’t wait to land my first AP. The journey getting there will be a special one.
Old 1 June 2020, 10:04 PM   #16
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Definitely go Boutique over AD for either reference, travel permitting. And make the inquiry in person not over the phone or internet.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:04 AM   #17
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I think the NYC boutique is the closest. Hopefully the rioting doesn’t destroy their building.

I’ll definitely make an inquiry in person.