The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 July 2019, 12:15 AM   #4861
DR.Golf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
I think it’s gonna be a long wait if you don’t start some sort of purchase history, and if you only want an 11-03, it’s gonna be cheaper just to buy it grey.
Agreed. To start with an 11-03 is next to impossible, an 11-03 in NPTP is impossible, no matter the wait. You will need a significant purchase history and a history of not flipping sought after pieces.
DR.Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2019, 01:21 AM   #4862
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Golf View Post
Agreed. To start with an 11-03 is next to impossible, an 11-03 in NPTP is impossible, no matter the wait. You will need a significant purchase history and a history of not flipping sought after pieces.
The prices of NTPT pieces has blown my mind as of recent. Black NTPT is selling for more than gold!
Old 26 July 2019, 12:39 PM   #4863
niqui7ladoo
"TRF" Member

Have any of you ordered a 67-02 from a US Boutique and gone through the whole process of full deposit and not getting to pick which color you get ? Any info on the process and whether this is plain dumb would be helpful. Thanks
niqui7ladoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 11:13 PM   #4864
DR.Golf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The prices of NTPT pieces has blown my mind as of recent. Black NTPT is selling for more than gold!
MSRP on NTPT is higher than gold. It should sell for more.
DR.Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 01:48 AM   #4865
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo View Post
Have any of you ordered a 67-02 from a US Boutique and gone through the whole process of full deposit and not getting to pick which color you get ? Any info on the process and whether this is plain dumb would be helpful. Thanks
That is the process. I was talking to my boutique about it yesterday. Surprisingly they were explaining that most clients haven't had an issue with it. Two clients have received their first choice and the third had not. They were saying that most are just happy to get one.

I certainly have an issue with it. There is a specific 67-02 that I want and I am not willing to pay for it and have a random one show up- especially when I already bought one grey. It's an extremely frustrating process, especially when you have a huge purchase history. I will keep you posted as to what happens and if I am able to actually order the one I want.

If I am not able to, I am just going to go grey. It's not worth the risk and the wait to "possibly" get what you want.
Old 27 July 2019, 01:48 AM   #4866
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
MSRP on NTPT is higher than gold. It should sell for more.

fair point- I never thought of it that way.
Old 27 July 2019, 10:46 AM   #4867
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
That is the process. I was talking to my boutique about it yesterday. Surprisingly they were explaining that most clients haven't had an issue with it. Two clients have received their first choice and the third had not. They were saying that most are just happy to get one.

I certainly have an issue with it. There is a specific 67-02 that I want and I am not willing to pay for it and have a random one show up- especially when I already bought one grey. It's an extremely frustrating process, especially when you have a huge purchase history. I will keep you posted as to what happens and if I am able to actually order the one I want.

If I am not able to, I am just going to go grey. It's not worth the risk and the wait to "possibly" get what you want.
I’m just jealous of your 11-03 lol :). If I get in spot for the 67-02. You can have my spot too. Double ur chances :)

We pick up our RM029 tomorrow :)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 11:07 AM   #4868
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Excited to see your new piece! This is the beginning of the end! Mark my words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 July 2019, 01:43 PM   #4869
niqui7ladoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks... I find it pretty bananas. I’m still on the fence. Which 67-02 do you fancy, I think the Ogier is my easy first choice - but I sadly do secretly like the pink/red one. The upcoming 67 chrono kinda gives me pause about ordering one of these at full bore and going through this whole random process.

Curious - where are grey prices on these in reality ?
Old 27 July 2019, 02:30 PM   #4870
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wouldn’t the smart move be to get the 67-02 at retail, and if it’s not the color you want flip it to a grey for the one you do?
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 07:16 PM   #4871
edo
"TRF" Member

Here is another shot of probably unique Le Clerc 67-02...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123c.jpg (123.2 KB, 449 views)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 08:08 PM   #4872
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Wouldn’t the smart move be to get the 67-02 at retail, and if it’s not the color you want flip it to a grey for the one you do?
That assumes all variants are equally as desirable and thus command the same grey price. The grey dealer would also have to be nice and let you swap without paying his p&l (difference on trade in value and purchase price).

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 11:43 PM   #4873
niqui7ladoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
That assumes all variants are equally as desirable and thus command the same grey price. The grey dealer would also have to be nice and let you swap without paying his p&l (difference on trade in value and purchase price).
Agreed. I doubt it would be a straight swap but it seems like even the ugliest version is asking well above retail. Though, I’m curious are green 67-02s really selling to greys over retail?
Old 28 July 2019, 01:10 AM   #4874
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Seeing that some go for 5k over retail and others 70k, swapping it just wont work. I have the Ogier already.
Old 28 July 2019, 02:22 AM   #4875
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I’m just jealous of your 11-03 lol :). If I get in spot for the 67-02. You can have my spot too. Double ur chances :)

We pick up our RM029 tomorrow :)

Where are the pics Mr. Ninja?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 02:58 AM   #4876
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
So have I. I’m going to wait...

Bought a 029 yesterday. Hopefully pick up a 030 and a 67-02...and whatever else they let me pick up. Figure I’ll get to enjoy each one of these as we migrate into the brand
Quote:
I think it’s gonna be a long wait if you don’t start some sort of purchase history, and if you only want an 11-03, it’s gonna be cheaper just to buy it grey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
x2
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I wasn't too keen on buying less popular models to work my way up to more desirable models.

So I skipped the process, I went to see my preferred grey dealer and walked out with this:

Love it! Lots of wrist presence...and more people seem to recognise RMs compared to APs (go figure!)

Thanks again.
PPFANBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 03:03 AM   #4877
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Congrats! Great choice!

Old 28 July 2019, 04:02 AM   #4878
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Love it! Congrats!

TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 04:14 AM   #4879
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post

I wasn't too keen on buying less popular models to work my way up to more desirable models.

So I skipped the process, I went to see my preferred grey dealer and walked out with this:

Love it! Lots of wrist presence...and more people seem to recognise RMs compared to APs (go figure!)

Thanks again.
Well done! Congrats n wear in good health
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 04:36 AM   #4880
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post

Thanks again.
Congrats man :) Looks wonderful
Old 28 July 2019, 04:37 AM   #4881
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timepieceluvr View Post
Where are the pics Mr. Ninja?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Later tonight buddy, haven’t even picked it up yet. Lol
Old 28 July 2019, 08:08 AM   #4882
Fat_ninja
Banned

Incoming lol. They don’t have a small strap so the kid couldn’t walk out with it. She really was hoping to wear it. Separately, as we left RM to go pick up my sandals from Hermes, the Hermes sales person surprised her with a Kelly that she kept for months...

I feel neglected with my sandals.

Here’s the watch.

Old 28 July 2019, 08:21 AM   #4883
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If that's true, then how come I keep seeing practically new, if not entirely new, 11-03 Carbon or Red pieces pop up in the grey market?

If that's true, the supply should've long dried out.

Same horsecrap I keep seeing with Rolex sports models or Patek sports models. Keep hearing they only go to VIPs who don't flip, yet I keep seeing them pop up. It's been nonstop in the grey market for years now.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 08:22 AM   #4884
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Did they explain why it's not possible to order a specific color like you can with other models?
Old 28 July 2019, 08:26 AM   #4885
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
If that's true, then how come I keep seeing practically new, if not entirely new, 11-03 Carbon or Red pieces pop up in the grey market?

If that's true, the supply should've long dried out.

Same horsecrap I keep seeing with Rolex sports models or Patek sports models. Keep hearing they only go to VIPs who don't flip, yet I keep seeing them pop up. It's been nonstop in the grey market for years now.

The reason you keep seeing them is that they are being sold/packaged to mega collectors who are buying tourbs.

Seeing that they cannot discount these pieces anymore, they are throwing in the pieces that are worth a lot more, but the uber uber wealthy won’t wear in their collection of 5 tourbs. These are incentives to get some of the spend back on the million dollar watches

Hope that makes sense

Old 28 July 2019, 08:27 AM   #4886
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The reason you keep seeing them is that they are being sold/packaged to mega collectors who are buying tourbs.

Seeing that they cannot discount these pieces anymore, they are throwing in the pieces that are worth a lot more, but the uber uber wealthy won’t wear in their collection of 5 tourbs. These are incentives to get some of the spend back on the million dollar watches

Hope that makes sense

Yes, indeed. But this is in direct conflict with the statements that they go to non-flippers. :) And that flippers get banned.
Old 28 July 2019, 08:28 AM   #4887
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Also, it is idiotic to want to get $20k back when you are spending a million a pop on a Tourb. I know some of those folks, they don't care to make a quick $20k profit when they earn $20k in a few minutes (or less) based on their business ventures.
Old 28 July 2019, 08:29 AM   #4888
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

There are two different levels of RM collectors and that is where the dichotomy exists.

The pieces I want, are a joke to those who can afford the tourbs- I’m just not there financially.

These aren’t 20k gains- they are 75k+ gains, and this is exactly how it is sold to these people! Ask them!

Old 28 July 2019, 08:30 AM   #4889
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Wow! When I read the RM forum these days I can’t help wonder how many chairs will be left when the music stops.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 08:31 AM   #4890
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are two different levels of RM collectors and that is where the dichotomy exists.

The pieces I want, are a joke to those who can afford the tourbs- I’m just not there financially

Yeah. Likewise. :)

Hopefully, one day we both will be.

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille