The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 July 2021, 07:12 AM   #1
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Rotor in Constellation?

So here’s a long shot: my wife’s Constellation was in service via Tourneau last year. Comes with a two year warranty.
Last week it stopped. After winding it manually it ran just fine again. Until two days later and after sitting on her dresser over night.
My guess is something is wrong with the automatic drive train (pardon my lack of more precise terms without looking them up).

Obviously, I could go back to Tourneau - which will lead to more superficial disinterested “customer service” and another trip of the watch to New Jersey and weeks and if not months to come back. Maybe in better shape, maybe not.
I’m actually going to Switzerland for a week next month and I’m thinking stopping at a Omega Boutique to see if they can do a better job even if they’ll charge me. But likely not possible during just one week even though I know the customer service at that specific location is great.

Any ideas? What else could I be missing here?
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 08:12 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
How active is she, or has she changed her habits?

An automatic will only run on the power that is actually put into it by wearing each day, and that is frequently not enough to run for a full day if just sitting.

Naturally, if it lasted only 2 days after a full wind, and a full day or so of wearing, it does sound like the auto-wind function is no longer working/connected.

Anybody that you take it to is going to charge you, except for whomever is honoring the warranty, if it is still in effect.
Old 26 July 2021, 08:20 AM   #3
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
How active is she, or has she changed her habits?

An automatic will only run on the power that is actually put into it by wearing each day, and that is frequently not enough to run for a full day if just sitting.

Naturally, if it lasted only 2 days after a full wind, and a full day or so of wearing, it does sound like the auto-wind function is no longer working/connected.

Anybody that you take it to is going to charge you, except for whomever is honoring the warranty, if it is still in effect.
She’s been a bit under the weather and hence less active. But that said she’s been wearing this watch for years and this kind of thing only happened in the past when there was an issue. Doing another round of testing before making some calls to the above mentioned places. Just a bummer when you get a watch back after months of waiting, shelling out $700 for servicing and a year later something like this pops up.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:08 AM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I prefer having my Omega watches serviced at Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle. It's an Omega authorized service center. Fees for service are equal to those charged by Omega, but in my experience the workmanship is consistently better. I have consistently had to send watches back to Omega Service Centers because the work wasn't done right the first time, but I have never sent a watch back to Nesbit's for such corrections. My experience includes two services performed by Omega and three by Nesbit's.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote