The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 July 2018, 02:47 AM   #1
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
What has more wrist presence?

I'm currently waiting for my BLRO "Pepsi" to arrive but I've recently found myself looking at the two tone CHNR "Rootbeer". Ultimately there is room for both in my life but I can't get both at once.

I'm trying to assess which of the two has more wrist presence. I love the sparkle and shimmer from a well polished watch and Rolex do that best. A friend of mine has the two tone GMT (116713LN) and it really does shimmer and shine. It looked wonderful and I think the CHNR will do the same.

I Know people will say choose which one you like the best, but I like both. I just wonder if the Pepsi jubilee bracelet will shimmer more and have a nice pop from the coloured bezel. Or if the CHNR will "sparkle" with that stunning Everose gold sections.

Any thoughts?
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 02:58 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

The TT is heavier so keep that in mind if wrist presence is important to you.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:04 AM   #3
bp1000
"TRF" Member

I’m not really one to chip in on which looks best threads.., as I buy on feeling

But you’ve made reference to that and just want opinions

The jubilee is super comfortable and looks stunning especially on a Pepsi. I love the way mine catches the light and I’d go with that.

Root beer is also stunning but just like my bluesey it comes next
bp1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:06 AM   #4
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Ps I passed on a BLNR twice. Just too generic and safe for me.

I like colour and interesting dial combos. If I had it I would certainly be looking to sell for the new CHNR
bp1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:07 AM   #5
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

BLRO. The jubilee is blingy AF... in a good way. For a 40mm watch it has a ton of wrist presence.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:10 AM   #6
rmlovett1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
I believe it’s a an even score on “wrist presence/bling factor” on those two. The TT is definitely flashy because of the two metals, ESPECIALLY on YG/SS. But on the CHNR, not as much...the RG is definitely toned down , along with very monotone/earth tone insert. The Pepsi is SS (most won’t bat an eye).....but, a much flashier SS, as the insert is pretty vibrant with the colors, and the jubilee is definitely an eye catcher...JMO
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:12 AM   #7
RW88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
I'd vote for root beer
RW88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:39 AM   #8
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Pepsi has more wrist presence from a looks perspective with the jubilee, the CHNR has more wrist presence from how it feels with the gold.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 03:39 AM   #9
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Get the BLRO and don’t look back although both would work together well in a collection!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 04:08 AM   #10
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'm on the waiting list for the BLRO but not the CHNR (at this stage). I've not yet seen the BLRO in "the metal" as it were, but I'm drawn to the fact that a lot of people say the jubilee bracelet is very comfortable. I also like way the centre sections catch the light and "sparkle" when they do.
Old 23 July 2018, 04:18 AM   #11
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Do you have a bluesy? May be a good third option if you're after the sparkle, especially with sunburst dial. Sunburst or bust.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 04:22 AM   #12
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
Do you have a bluesy? May be a good third option if you're after the sparkle, especially with sunburst dial. Sunburst or bust.
I don't and it's certainly one I'd consider when I've of acquired the other two. I have to be honest and say that the 70 hour power reserve in the new models really appeals as it means if I didn't wear one over a weekend for example, then it would still be ok come Monday morning. Of course, I could get a watch winder which would solve that problem but I'm only now slowly trying to build up a collection.
Old 23 July 2018, 04:24 AM   #13
Yobber76
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I tried them both on and to me the CHNR was just stunning. I never have thought about buying TT in any gold color, but the BLRO paled in comparison to me.
See if there are any Baselworld events around you where you can see them next to each other. Good luck.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 04:26 AM   #14
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

As mentioned, the Bluesy is the flashiest of them all mentioned. Sunburst dial always take it to a new level.
Old 23 July 2018, 05:22 AM   #15
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
I believe it’s a an even score on “wrist presence/bling factor” on those two. The TT is definitely flashy because of the two metals, ESPECIALLY on YG/SS. But on the CHNR, not as much...the RG is definitely toned down , along with very monotone/earth tone insert. The Pepsi is SS (most won’t bat an eye).....but, a much flashier SS, as the insert is pretty vibrant with the colors, and the jubilee is definitely an eye catcher...JMO
Just like he said, for bling factor, TT YG > TT RG > SS. Out of the 3, i would choose the TT YG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbuer View Post
I don't and it's certainly one I'd consider when I've of acquired the other two. I have to be honest and say that the 70 hour power reserve in the new models really appeals as it means if I didn't wear one over a weekend for example, then it would still be ok come Monday morning. Of course, I could get a watch winder which would solve that problem but I'm only now slowly trying to build up a collection.
Or you could simply give your watch a wind, it's a mechanical piece, play with it.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 05:29 AM   #16
MDon35
"TRF" Member

TT submariner. 116613LN . SS models are too common. If you like chronographs then Daytona. I only liked chronographs since i was a kid so in rolexes I have a daytona
MDon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 06:58 AM   #17
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
The TT is heavier so keep that in mind if wrist presence is important to you.
Barely noticeable the difference.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 07:04 AM   #18
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I think it's about even, to be honest. The sparkle of the jubilee vs. the warmth of RG/steel...both are going to be eye catching. Just get the one you like the most.

For me, the red/blue combination is hard to beat.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote