The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 April 2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Johnny Walker Swing

Just curious if anyone here drinks JW Swing.
I used to drink it in college. Several of us were Scotch drinkers and I always had some swing, well swinging. It was my favorite at the time. I had not had any for more than 15 years, and just recently ordered a few bottles. I still like it. It's a really SMOOTH blend, no over the top "alcohol" taste, not super complex but its in there, very drinkable and pretty cheap ($55). Give it a try, smooooth. I like the bottle too. I tried to find some tasting notes, but it looks like everyone overlooks this hidden gem. If you're a peat monster lover you won't like it. I tastes like it's mostly highland/speyside. The only thing that I HATE is the plastic cap. It totally kills it for me. Scotch drinking is a complex experience, that cap is crap. It's going into a crystal decanter ASAP!

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
I'm not too big a fan of the Swing....prefer to stick to the single malts rather than the blended scotches even though some of them do stand out....explains probably why I like the green label (which is a single malt) best out of the whole lot (IMO blue is overated)...every try Glenmorangie?
Old 10 April 2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsal View Post
I'm not too big a fan of the Swing....prefer to stick to the single malts rather than the blended scotches even though some of them do stand out....explains probably why I like the green label (which is a single malt) best out of the whole lot (IMO blue is overated)...every try Glenmorangie?
I've been drinking the single malts for years. I was just taking a walk down memory lane. I prefer the highland and speyside scotches, which probably explains why I enjoy Swing. I have 7 bottles open in the bar now, including a Laphroaig 16yrs, which I find vile. My current favorite is Oban. Sweet, salty and spicey, and near the ancestral homeland as well. It's not the finest, but I like it.
Cheers!

十人十色
Old 12 April 2010, 05:35 AM   #4
ft laud mike
"TRF" Member

I have had it, not bad... but I perfer the JW Green if I'm going for a blend (about the same price, maybe a little less)
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2010, 07:45 AM   #5
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Isnt JW for posers?

I couldn't resist!
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
Isnt JW for posers?
Apparently!

十人十色
Old 12 April 2010, 07:57 PM   #7
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
A drink that takes me down memory lane...(LOL- i've received hate for concocting such a sinful mix....but i love it, so dont really care...hope you try it out) JW Black (Swing ((even good ol' Jack)) will work too) plus a bit of tonic water and wedge of lime/lemon...awesomeness.