The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 April 2010, 10:34 AM   #1
m_later

Watch: GMTIIC
Some car pics

Didn't want to post these up in the other thread so figured I'd start a new one...

The full album can be seen at http://pbckt.com/s3.rWA

m_later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 10:38 AM   #2
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
Very nice! love it!
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 11:08 AM   #3
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
Colins,is that you?

p club member #9
figbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 11:43 AM   #4
m_later

nope, no Colins here
Old 10 April 2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
Wow !! Is that your car ??
Cool !!
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 01:16 PM   #6
keschete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Very Nice! Yours? We need to talk! I think I need one in Royal Blue!
Old 10 April 2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Skullring
"TRF" Member

Watch: Triple 6 SD
Wow. What a beauty. Great photos.
Old 10 April 2010, 03:06 PM   #8
m_later

Thanks! It is actually mine. In another thread I had posted that it wasn't but that was me just being 'shy'. I'll post up some more pics tomorrow with my new GMTIIc. Just trying to figure out how to get the watch and the Lambo shield in the same pic without risking scratches on the car
Old 10 April 2010, 03:15 PM   #9
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Ah, that I just plain and simple mean!

That's is a fantastic car you've got there.

On a side note; Shanghai - where I'm curreently based, are actually nr2 on the list of places in the world where they sell most Lamborghini's. Which for me is totally crazy! Who on earth would buy a Lambo and then try to drive it around in one of the most populated cities in the world? Plus it's not like everybody's an expert behind the wheel here.

Again, congrats on a real SUPER car!

Cheers,
Joe
Old 10 April 2010, 04:15 PM   #10
marie
"TRF" Member

Watch: UN Starry Night
SWEET!!!!!!
Pardon me whilst I drool.

I never knew how amazing cars could be until we got our CLS55 AMG P30... OMG!! I know how much fun it is to drive ours, I can only IMAGINE how amazing it must be to drive that one.

The sound alone those make is incredible.... down shifting... ok.... I'd better excuse myself from this thread before I embarrass myself.

Yeah...watches, cars, I like football and I'm a good cook...Think I can stay?
Old 10 April 2010, 04:20 PM   #11
m_later

@Joe - Thanks! I can't imagine having a car like this in Shanghai. It'd be incredibly frustrating to not really have a chance to open it up every once in a while. That said, this thing does make even the most boring freeway onramp a nice little ride.

@Marie- Good to see another Texan around. I grew up San Antonio. Small world! And, yes, the car is just amazing. The feel, the handling, and OH YEAHHH, the souds! I have a switch on it where I can open up the exhaust baffles even at low RPM and I do that all the time just to hear the rumble of that V10. I love it! Even when just tooling around town it's a great experience. I look for any excuse to drive it on weekends and nice days. I used to drive it to work too but my latest location has steep parking ramps and no good spots to park in the garage. I just make the best use of it that I can on the weekend.
Old 10 April 2010, 04:21 PM   #12
m_later

Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
Very Nice! Yours? We need to talk! I think I need one in Royal Blue!
There's actually another one in the area here that is a beautiful blue color. Maybe a bit darker than Royal Blue but still a great look.
Old 10 April 2010, 04:25 PM   #13
m_later

btw, if you want to see some pics with some real ability behind them, as well as more exotic cars, check out my friend's site : http://www.jboyerphotography.com/cat...e-photography/

Oh, and keschete - check out http://www.jboyerphotography.com/wp-..._5355-copy.jpg
Old 10 April 2010, 05:37 PM   #14
marie
"TRF" Member

Watch: UN Starry Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_later View Post

@Marie- Good to see another Texan around. I grew up San Antonio. Small world! And, yes, the car is just amazing. The feel, the handling, and OH YEAHHH, the souds! I have a switch on it where I can open up the exhaust baffles even at low RPM and I do that all the time just to hear the rumble of that V10. I love it! Even when just tooling around town it's a great experience. I look for any excuse to drive it on weekends and nice days. I used to drive it to work too but my latest location has steep parking ramps and no good spots to park in the garage. I just make the best use of it that I can on the weekend.
How long have you been away and what part of San Antonio?? I've been here since 1993. We live way out North and East 1604 and 281, in Canyon Springs. There is a hill we have to go up and over on Canyon Golf Rd. (big for TX standards) every time we go anywhere... When I do, the windows go down and the sunroof is open and I use the shift paddles on the steering wheel to slow down the engine on the downside of the hill. Of course the practical reason I do that is so I don't wear out my breaks... right I would never do it just because I love_that_sound!
Old 10 April 2010, 09:27 PM   #15
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Amusing car. Is that E-gear? Guy I know has one in the same colour but the manual. I see Orange is an acquired taste that reaches far! Lol.
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 09:39 PM   #16
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Fantastic car! Thank you really much for sharing these pictures. I have only seen one Lamborghini in real life and it was an amazing experience, I got crazy for a second or two . Only heard them on youtube but I bet the sound is better in person

One day, she'll be mine! Thanks again!

-Warren Buffet
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 09:59 PM   #17
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Sweeeet ride!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2010, 11:46 PM   #18
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G

Ball.

Just Ballin Bro. I think this is the Top car on this whole Board. I salute you. If money were no object I would get a Ferrari, but the Lambo would be a close second. My dads best friend has a Ferrari and he lets me take it out for a spin once in a while down the Cape and I love it so much sometimes I cry after I bring it back (srs.)..........This is a pic. of it in front of my house. I love this car so much that it is my dream to someday own one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0233.jpg (136.2 KB, 166 views)
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 12:05 AM   #19
HL65

No offense to Ferarri owners--after owning one--I would never get one again--Why? Any ex-Ferarri owners can chime in. As for looks--sexy as can be--True That! As for reliability and service--UGHH!!!! For me---Porsche 993 Turbo--last of the hand made air cooled rides from Porsche! With that said--to each his own--for me--simple German sportsmanship and a few hundred a year to keep up vs. 5k-15k for servicing and belts etc.
173.jpg

169.jpg

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 11 April 2010, 12:22 AM   #20
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
out of this world..all of it...just mind blowing
not an ambition of mine to own a car such as any of these ... but I sure can respect them...!!!
Lovely cars....thanks for the pics!

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 01:00 AM   #21
Renoir
"TRF" Member

Beautiful Lambo, congrats! Drive it like you stole it.
Renoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 01:45 AM   #22
m_later

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePrince
Amusing car. Is that E-gear? Guy I know has one in the same colour but the manual. I see Orange is an acquired taste that reaches far! Lol.
Yup, it's an e-gear. Not the smoothest in traffic but great to have when things open up a bit or on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
Just Ballin Bro. I think this is the Top car on this whole Board. I salute you. If money were no object I would get a Ferrari, but the Lambo would be a close second. My dads best friend has a Ferrari and he lets me take it out for a spin once in a while down the Cape and I love it so much sometimes I cry after I bring it back (srs.)..........This is a pic. of it in front of my house. I love this car so much that it is my dream to someday own one.
Ferraris are incredible machines. I had looked at one but there was just something about the Lambo, especially in this color, that really sang to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan1965 View Post
No offense to Ferarri owners--after owning one--I would never get one again--Why? Any ex-Ferarri owners can chime in. As for looks--sexy as can be--True That! As for reliability and service--UGHH!!!! For me---Porsche 993 Turbo--last of the hand made air cooled rides from Porsche! With that said--to each his own--for me--simple German sportsmanship and a few hundred a year to keep up vs. 5k-15k for servicing and belts etc.
I've heard the same thing about Ferraris. And I also have a love for Porsches. I had a Boxster S up until about a year ago. Great car there too.

The great thing about the Gallardo is that is has that same German reliability and none of those unreasonable maintenance costs. Heck, some of the parts in the car even have Audi part numbers on them
Old 11 April 2010, 02:34 AM   #23
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Quote:
You are now my fathers favorite member on this forum. Its his absolute favorite car. He has always been a HUGE fan of the Turbo Powered P cars.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 03:51 AM   #24
HL65

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_later View Post
Yup, it's an e-gear. Not the smoothest in traffic but great to have when things open up a bit or on the track.

Ferraris are incredible machines. I had looked at one but there was just something about the Lambo, especially in this color, that really sang to me.

I've heard the same thing about Ferraris. And I also have a love for Porsches. I had a Boxster S up until about a year ago. Great car there too.

The great thing about the Gallardo is that is has that same German reliability and none of those unreasonable maintenance costs. Heck, some of the parts in the car even have Audi part numbers on them
Exactly! That is a sweet ride!! And Audi owns them--huge Audi guy too! My daily driver Audi S5 Cab!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 11 April 2010, 03:52 AM   #25
HL65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
You are now my fathers favorite member on this forum. Its his absolute favorite car. He has always been a HUGE fan of the Turbo Powered P cars.
Bruno--Pop has great taste!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 11 April 2010, 06:39 AM   #26
gettocard
Banned

Watch: them come and go..
Nice orange Audi,indeed.... That's a stunning car,really.

Ferrari is just crap,if you reach 50K km on the odometer without any issue consider yourself very luck. The 360 Modena has been a pain in the butt in terms of reliability,don't know if the 430 has improved...
gettocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 06:51 AM   #27
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Beautiful pics, guys............thanks for sharing!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 07:28 AM   #28
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

It aint no Lambo, OR Ferrari. It's all I gots!!

Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 07:32 AM   #29
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
My daily driver Audi S5 Cab!
Thaaaaaaaaats right...rub it in!
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 08:14 AM   #30
mailman