The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 5 February 2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Seamaster thoughts

As you may know, I recently sent off my favourite speedmaster pro for a service, and I've been left with my seamaster as a daily wearer. It's the first time in a while I've just worn one watch. And I'm impressed

I've worn it for just over a month, which included gym sessions, swimming, running, moving twice (business and home!) and pretty everything else I threw at it.... including a few collisions with doors
And it still looks and feels great.

I'm happy with the accuracy too, just over 30sec fast since I set it over a month ago.

Now, I must admit.... I still prefer the looks of the speedy, and the fact that it wears a bit bigger is a big plus (no guesses what my next watch will be ) However, the bracelet on this one is solid as a rock. Apart from the clasp, which is somewhat of a scratch magnet, it wears great, is comfortable and never too heavy.

So, overall, very happy! If anyone is considering one of these, go for it.

Old 5 February 2007, 08:16 PM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Gotta be honest with you here Otis. I think it's a great looking watch but the knob for the HE valve is a total turn off for me. I know I'm being nit picky but that's one cosmetic thing that bugs me.

I almost bought one around three years ago and had it on my wrist for about a half hour in the store but I just couldn't get past it. It bothered me as I really like the watch and had every expectation of purchasing it when I went into the store. Just my $.02 pal
Old 5 February 2007, 08:57 PM   #3
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Gotta be honest with you here Otis. I think it's a great looking watch but the knob for the HE valve is a total turn off for me. I know I'm being nit picky but that's one cosmetic thing that bugs me.

I almost bought one around three years ago and had it on my wrist for about a half hour in the store but I just couldn't get past it. It bothered me as I really like the watch and had every expectation of purchasing it when I went into the store. Just my $.02 pal
Yeah I feel you. I guess it's all personal, because I quite like the knob.
I guess they did it to be different to say a SD, with just the valve.
Old 5 February 2007, 11:46 PM   #4
nottinghill
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 & 116660
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post

yeah...i guess it's very much a personal thing.... well for me it's the knob that makes it 'unique' for me...... but important thing is that the bracelet is really comfortable.... just my $.03 ..........
Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)
nottinghill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2007, 04:58 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi Otis,

That's an all time icon classic in the Seamaster line-up.

The watch was made famous by 007 in the "Golden Eye" film (Pierce Brosnan's first movie as Bond) and the style and model has never changed since then.

It runs the very solid, rugged and dependable OMEGA 1120 movement which is a modified ETA 2892-A2 one with an extra 2 jewels thrown in by OMEGA to make it a 23 jewel, 28,800 A/Hr. beat.

Very reliable watch and one that will probably never go out of style!! Wear it in good health.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2007, 07:22 AM   #6
Spark
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
I had the Limited edition model with 007 across the dial instead of the waves and it is a fantastic watch.
I only flipped it to put some cash toward my 1655 otherwise I would still have it.
I will miss it.
The lume is stunning in the dark too
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2007, 08:55 AM   #7
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
Yeah I feel you. I guess it's all personal, because I quite like the knob.
I guess they did it to be different to say a SD, with just the valve.
I agree with you on the being different with the valve Otis. It's definetly an Omega trademark The watch was comfortable as hell too.

BTW, JJ likes the knob too
Old 6 February 2007, 09:12 AM   #8
mike
"TRF" Member

I had the GMT version. Loved the blue wave dial and skeleton hands.

I moved it to get another Rolex, but it's one I do miss!

mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2007, 09:14 AM   #9
charles

I just got this one...fantastic watch so far. No complaints other than maybe I'd prefer no He valve but it's at least different. I love that the GMT version has the sapphire caseback. I've found the bracelet one of the most comfortable on a watch...

charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2007, 05:04 PM   #10
JPJ
"TRF" Member

Great watch, bought mine in 1999 has been all over the world, up mountains (6500m in Pakistan), diving (65m), in the desert (+50°C), working on mine sites in Africa and Australia, the red on seconds hand has faded, the bezel is scratched and worn, well used.
Comfortable strap, more so than the seadweller which I now have, never once damaged the crystal no matter how many times I bashed it on things (chipped my SD crystal after a couple of months). I did manage to break it by dropping it on the floor at home (of all places), something internal came loose, all fixed now and ready for more action..
JPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Otis
"TRF" Member

Great GMT's guys... I do like those applied markers. That has got to be a favourite GMT of mine.

And JPJ, fantastic story behind it. Would love to see some photos of that one. Whereabouts in Aus are you BTW?
Old 7 February 2007, 07:37 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Great watch with a well proved reliable and very accurate movement.
Myself prefer the black dial with the half black/steel bezel,very comfortable watch to wear

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2007, 01:15 AM   #13
Panos
"TRF" Member

they seem really heavy .. the buckle seems seems very big - are they comfortable ?
Panos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2007, 01:36 AM   #14
Prince Tudor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos View Post
they seem really heavy .. the buckle seems seems very big - are they comfortable ?
A few months back I was looking at the non-bond 300 version. As far as I know. it the same watch minus the wavy dial. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway, it is very comfortable for it's size. I think for me the bracelet was the perfect width, it just sat nicely. But when push came to shove I didn't buy. I'm sure why, I guess the whole package just didn't sing to me enough.
I liked the HE valve as well.
Prince Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2007, 11:31 AM   #15
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
I have the same one as yours, 2531.80, Otis. My wife gave it to me for Christmas and I love it.

It gets an equal amount of time with my SD and Avenger.

Bracelet is super comfy!
Old 10 February 2007, 01:17 PM   #16
JPJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

And JPJ, fantastic story behind it. Would love to see some photos of that one. Whereabouts in Aus are you BTW?
Otis... I'll try and get some piccies when I back in Perth, currently on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert...
Old 10 February 2007, 01:17 PM   #17
JPJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Otis... I'll try and get some piccies when I get back to Perth, currently on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert...
Old 10 February 2007, 01:54 PM   #18
kakalika
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub-Date
I agree with you guys, I had the TT model. It was quartz though. I loved the skeleton hands. I miss it sometimes. Bracelet was the best I have ever worn.

Old 10 February 2007, 02:06 PM   #19
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJ View Post
Otis... I'll try and get some piccies when I get back to Perth, currently on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert...
Sounds good Have a safe trip
Old 10 February 2007, 10:52 PM   #20
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakalika View Post
I agree with you guys, I had the TT model. It was quartz though. I loved the skeleton hands. I miss it sometimes. Bracelet was the best I have ever worn.

Do they make that anymore?
President is offline   Reply With Quote