The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 January 2022, 02:05 PM   #1
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Getting plastic straps for VC overseas

Trying to get a white strap for the 3rd gen overseas. Waited for more than 6 months from the boutique and still nothing.. is it that difficult to get one?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 05:03 PM   #2
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
I am not sure if it's "artificial" shortage or real production issues but it's now very difficult to get any color. Almost more difficult than getting a watch :)
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:58 AM   #3
jojosnr
"TRF" Member

They don’t have plastic straps. Try asking for rubber straps.
jojosnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 12:02 PM   #4
RobHK
"TRF" Member

This is the biggest disappointment with buying a VCO. Super happy in general with my purchase and the quick strap change system is genius, it really lifts the watch to another level than other luxury sport watches. But this shortage of straps really puts a dent in the whole value proposition, I foresaw that I easily could buy some different colors to be able to keep the look of my watch fresh over the years. But these limited edition releases of straps etc is bullshit. I really would like an orange rubber strap but that seems to be some type of priced possession now to be one of the lucky few getting a strap - wtf? And what's the deal with not releasing more colors for rubber?

Hope delugs or someone can improve their straps further and release something like this. It seems so far the fit of the delugs straps is not as tight as the originals.
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 12:21 PM   #5
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

How hard is it to make rubber straps lol ��
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:00 PM   #6
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Just as a comparison FC also make quick change straps and now w/annual calendar & World time versions. All in house

So for the cost of the strap/clasp maybe even better to get yourself a new FC watch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resizer_16422288377770.jpg (288.2 KB, 351 views)
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:46 PM   #7
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
How hard is it to make rubber straps lol ��
Ditto. And instead they are just annoying their values VCO clients.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:51 PM   #8
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Cause Richemont does stupid dirty things to keep separating the riff raff from the vips. See Lange Odysseus for more info.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 11:04 PM   #9
JF100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Trying to get a white strap for the 3rd gen overseas. Waited for more than 6 months from the boutique and still nothing.. is it that difficult to get one?
White rubber strap is easy to get. Most straps should be easy to get i'm confused why your boutique is not playing ball.
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 05:03 AM   #10
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF100 View Post
White rubber strap is easy to get. Most straps should be easy to get i'm confused why your boutique is not playing ball.
Yea no clue. I guess I am not cool enough
Old 20 January 2022, 08:01 AM   #11
solaire
"TRF" Member

So there seems to be a lot of confusion around the straps.

Nothing stops anyone ordering a leather strap, you can litrally walk into a boutique and design any combination you would like.

Rubber is different as they are are made in set batches. We are also coming through covid for a brand that is the smallest compared to their peers.

Remember the overseas does not define VC, not having 100s of colours is not alienating their valued VC clients as suggested. Most people complaining are new to the brand.

That said OP you should be able to get the white, I've not heard of this being hard to get & 6 months is too long. IMO other colours are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 11:42 AM   #12
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Not sure I agree with your opinion that most people complaining are new to the brand.

The quick release system is a new feature, so either new or old VC customer its something new to us all. The expectation what VC does with that versatility is not really bound by if you happened to own a previous VC watch or not.
Old 20 January 2022, 12:16 PM   #13
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaire View Post
So there seems to be a lot of confusion around the straps.

Nothing stops anyone ordering a leather strap, you can litrally walk into a boutique and design any combination you would like.

Rubber is different as they are are made in set batches. We are also coming through covid for a brand that is the smallest compared to their peers.

Remember the overseas does not define VC, not having 100s of colours is not alienating their valued VC clients as suggested. Most people complaining are new to the brand.

That said OP you should be able to get the white, I've not heard of this being hard to get & 6 months is too long. IMO other colours are better.

I don't think there's any confusion. VC made a limited number of orange straps so boutiques could reward vips and tell everyone else they weren't good enough and should buy more watches. It's a freaking rubber strap, they can make buckets of them if they want to. No one is asking for a custom color strap to match their Ferrari, they just want the same freaking straps as everyone else in a reasonable amount of time. Straps are wear items and at the prices they are charging for rubber straps there should be zero waiting.
Old 20 January 2022, 11:47 PM   #14
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Getting plastic straps for VC overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
Ditto. And instead they are just annoying their values VCO clients.

Funny you say this , I actually asked them over the phone yesterday about the grey straps …sir we have not seen one in the system for maybe 15 months (don’t quote me on it but it was a long time) and usually means they are no longer made .

They essentially don’t know when they discontinue straps at VC or even when new colors pop up . I asked about the orange strap and was told it was a boutique only piece 150 total WORLDWIDE …talk about moronic reserved for the top clients of the boutique (here we go again..) , giant eye roll on my end …sure I suppose paying 20 grand for a ss three hander isn’t nuf to make you important , got it , but gimme a break just get Chi I mean Switzerland to pour a few more rubber straps will you .
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 11:48 PM   #15
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
i don't think there's any confusion. Vc made a limited number of orange straps so boutiques could reward vips and tell everyone else they weren't good enough and should buy more watches. It's a freaking rubber strap, they can make buckets of them if they want to. No one is asking for a custom color strap to match their ferrari, they just want the same freaking straps as everyone else in a reasonable amount of time. Straps are wear items and at the prices they are charging for rubber straps there should be zero waiting.

^ this
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 09:13 AM   #16
ATSE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To give you an idea my boutique took 2 months to get me my white strap - they also had a grey in stock already as well.
ATSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 09:28 AM   #17
solaire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
I don't think there's any confusion. VC made a limited number of orange straps so boutiques could reward vips and tell everyone else they weren't good enough and should buy more watches. It's a freaking rubber strap, they can make buckets of them if they want to. No one is asking for a custom color strap to match their Ferrari, they just want the same freaking straps as everyone else in a reasonable amount of time. Straps are wear items and at the prices they are charging for rubber straps there should be zero waiting.

I know a lot of non Vips have them so how does that work?

No one's complaining about waiting for a replacement strap in the colour originally came with the watch...

solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 10:05 AM   #18
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSE View Post
To give you an idea my boutique took 2 months to get me my white strap - they also had a grey in stock already as well.
Ah, too bad they dont ship overseas I suppose
Old 22 January 2022, 10:52 AM   #19
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Ah, too bad they dont ship overseas I suppose
Quite ironic given the name/concept of the watch
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2022, 08:39 PM   #20
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Relax everyone.
You’re all going to be happy in a couple of months

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2022, 10:47 PM   #21
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

My request for white to NYC seemed a bit too much for them
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2022, 01:44 AM   #22
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
Relax everyone.
You’re all going to be happy in a couple of months

You know something we don't?
Old 27 January 2022, 05:14 AM   #23
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaire View Post
I know a lot of non Vips have them so how does that work?

No one's complaining about waiting for a replacement strap in the colour originally came with the watch...
It works exactly as you stated, some can get them, and some can't, and that's exactly my point about how VC is playing strap games with customers. Yes, there are no issues getting replacement stock straps because VC made a ton of them so clearly they have the capacity. VC could have made a metric ton of orange straps too to make sure there were enough for all their customers but they didn't so it was only available to some owners, like the people you know, and not others, like the people who have posted about not being able to get one.

This is even more despicable than allocation games since these are existing customers! People already bought the watch and VC found a new way to mess with existing owners through limiting RUBBER straps, something that is entirely machine made and costs a few bucks at scale. Since the molds are the same for the existing straps, other colors have almost no incremental cost to produce. The level of FU here is actually pretty amazing.

De Bethune makes rubber straps for their sports watches. There's probably less than 100 watches ever made those strap will fit and De Bethune still bothered to make a range of colors (Black, Blue, Grey, Red, Orange, hoping for a white version soon) and anyone who wants one will get it shipped overnight to them. Nothing is lost by treating all your customers equally well.