The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 8 January 2019, 09:52 AM   #1
Panerol Forte
Banned

Icon20 SIHH 2019: Luminor Submersible 1950 Carbotech 42mm + new Bronzo

Hello to you all,

I am new to this forum, long time lurker, but newly registered. Let me first introduce myself: I have been a Rolex guy for the last 30 years, my first Rolex being a TT SUB NR, and my last one a Pepsi 126710BLRO. For all those years, I have been a loyal Rolex costumer, with the occasional cheating with AP along the way, but those were short lived romances. The path that Rolex is taking lately, and after receiving my BLRO in early November (I ordered it on the same day it was presented at Basel in March), I decided that it was my last Rolex. I will talk more about this decision in a different thread though.
So, to make a long story short, I bought my first Panerai right after quitting Rolex, and lo and behold, I caught the PAM virus.. not only I fell in love with this beauty, I have the urge to start collecting those fine pieces.. since this fatidic moment, I started researching every aspect of the objects of my desire.. which leeds us to my post. Through my contacts, I was able to get the following informations:
1- A new Bronzo will be announced, but that information was already in the air.
2- A new Luminor Submersible 1950 Carbotech 42mm will be announced. It will most likely have the P.9010 calibre.

Now, being a first time poster, it is legitimate for all of you to take my post with a grain of salt, but the SIHH is a week away, so, wait and see (I too will know if my sources are reliable).. If you are wondering why I decided to register and share the information with you, the answer is simple, I have been using all the important informations that you all have been posting here for years, and I consider that it was about time I give back a little bit.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and good luck finding your grails.
Panerol Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 12:18 PM   #2
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing the information. The panerai bug is contagious, what model did you start off with?
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 12:45 PM   #3
Bushido
"TRF" Member

Welcome to the forums and to Panerai. I agree, once you get into Panerai, it's a fun endeavor.

There has been quite a bit of talk about a new Bronzo this year. By all accounts, we should be seeing a brown dial with a brown ceramic bezel. I am looking forward to seeing if the leaked information comes to pass. I anticipate lining up for one myself.
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 09:09 PM   #4
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing the information. The panerai bug is contagious, what model did you start off with?
Hello Yachty.. I totally agree with you.. PAMs are like no other.. even though I had a fascination with watches since childhood, I feel that I discovered something new in the watch world. I started off with a PAM 684.. it was love at first sight.. I am absolutly smitten with its beauty.. I will post some pictures as soon as I will take them.
Old 8 January 2019, 09:28 PM   #5
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Welcome to the forums and to Panerai. I agree, once you get into Panerai, it's a fun endeavor.

There has been quite a bit of talk about a new Bronzo this year. By all accounts, we should be seeing a brown dial with a brown ceramic bezel. I am looking forward to seeing if the leaked information comes to pass. I anticipate lining up for one myself.
Thank you for welcoming me and taking the time to read my quite long post. I have also seen the picture of the brown Bronzo, and it looks legit. I did some comparative measurements with others pictures of Bronzo, hoping it would be smaller (I have 17cm/6.5inch wrist), but it appears to be a 47mm. Nevertheless, it is so beautiful I will definitely get one. Moreover, I have a thing for brown dials.. it started when I got the YM Chocolate, it became the one with the most wrist time. 6 more days till SIHH..
Old 9 January 2019, 02:25 AM   #6
synequano
Banned

Another additional upcoming info:

Marina militare submersible in carbotech,most likely in 47mm

New submersible with all SS bezel in yachtmaster styled markings and possibly sandwich dial
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 02:52 AM   #7
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
Welcome to a much more interesting watch brand. Now you need to start ordering custom straps and you will be set. Nothing like being able to change things up and feel like you have a new watch with every change of a strap.

I too look forward to SIHH. Its going to be exciting.
Dan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 08:13 AM   #8
Panerol Forte
Banned

Here are some pictures as promised
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 684 A.jpg (235.7 KB, 626 views)
File Type: jpg 684 B.jpg (236.4 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg 684 C.jpg (228.3 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg 684 D.jpg (188.9 KB, 619 views)
Old 9 January 2019, 11:19 PM   #9
mfer
"TRF" Member

Have fun with it OP, but hard to get excited as Panerai is always releasing a watch. For then SIHH is a year round event it seems.

Search for models you like and focus on them. So many good ones already out there. In my opinion, 232 is perfection. Yes, it is 47mm, but doesn’t wear anything like a 47mm.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 05:18 AM   #10
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synequano View Post
Another additional upcoming info:

Marina militare submersible in carbotech,most likely in 47mm

New submersible with all SS bezel in yachtmaster styled markings and possibly sandwich dial
I just watched Jean-Marc Pontroué interview at the Panerai Beverly Hills Boutique back in August, he states that there will be a lot of new PAMs including a new Bronzo at SIHH.. 5 days to go! Just in case you didn't see it, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGpa4NwRL8
Old 10 January 2019, 05:55 AM   #11
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2010 View Post
Welcome to a much more interesting watch brand. Now you need to start ordering custom straps and you will be set. Nothing like being able to change things up and feel like you have a new watch with every change of a strap.

I too look forward to SIHH. Its going to be exciting.
Thank you.. you are absolutely right! Not only it's a more interesting brand, it's history is fascinating.. not only it's past, but the present stories about the vintage counterfeiters and how they are exposed adds to it's aura. And most importantly, the fame of this brand is related to major historical events, not to some actor wearing it. 5 days to SIHH
Old 10 January 2019, 06:05 AM   #12
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Thank You for sharing your story, history with Rolex, and your fascination with Panerai. I joined Panerai last year, and after a couple of months ended up with five! I also got a Rolex Explorer 1, so I still have a strong liking for Rolex. I don't know if it will be my last or only Rolex, time will tell.

Your gold Submersible is gorgeous!

Cheers,
Carl
Old 10 January 2019, 08:48 AM   #13
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Thank You for sharing your story, history with Rolex, and your fascination with Panerai. I joined Panerai last year, and after a couple of months ended up with five! I also got a Rolex Explorer 1, so I still have a strong liking for Rolex. I don't know if it will be my last or only Rolex, time will tell.

Your gold Submersible is gorgeous!

Cheers,
Carl
Thank you.. Dare I ask you how many you have now? That's the good thing with Panerai, you have so much to choose from, and they keep supplying your addiction. By comparison, Rolex present every year at Basel 4 or 5 models, 1 for each demographic of customer. If you don't find one to your liking, you have to wait another year, and if you are lucky to like the new model with a new color that is a revival of an old color, but that is absolutly identical to the one that you already have, but in a different color, there are thousands of other persons that are exactly in the same boat as you, and you end up playing the waiting game. I rest my case.
Old 11 January 2019, 08:11 AM   #14
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Good info, thanks.

I'm holding off on a ROO, b/c I want to see what the new batch of submersible look like. I'm hoping for a 42-44mm titanium, BMG big tech, or carbo tech with some nice dial colors
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 03:37 PM   #15
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
really looking forward to seeing the new releases.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 12:46 PM   #16
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

beautiful submersible.

i find it hard to imagine being a one-brand watch guy -- each brand tickles a different part of my brain and soul.

1st purchase was a breitling, then PAM, then Rolex ... now salivating at my next purchase, probably an Omega.

I'm going for breadth first .. :-)
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 11:03 PM   #17
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post
beautiful submersible.

i find it hard to imagine being a one-brand watch guy -- each brand tickles a different part of my brain and soul.

1st purchase was a breitling, then PAM, then Rolex ... now salivating at my next purchase, probably an Omega.

I'm going for breadth first .. :-)
Thank You !

Being a single brand watch collector is one of the different aspects of watch collecting. Some people like to diversify, others prefer to focus on a single brand and master it. Each collector sets his own guidelines.
Old 14 January 2019, 11:13 PM   #18
Panerol Forte
Banned

Non Bronzo this year. Big disappointment !!! Even though Jean-Marc Pontroué clearly stated in his Beverly Hills interview that there is one coming this year. Maybe, due to the sheer amount of new PAMs presented at SIHH, he prefered to presentit later this year. Let's hope it's the case (no pun intended). All
Old 14 January 2019, 11:50 PM   #19
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
Non Bronzo this year. Big disappointment !!! Even though Jean-Marc Pontroué clearly stated in his Beverly Hills interview that there is one coming this year. Maybe, due to the sheer amount of new PAMs presented at SIHH, he prefered to presentit later this year. Let's hope it's the case (no pun intended). All
3 is more than enough. IWC has a lot :-)
zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 02:44 AM   #20
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank You !

Being a single brand watch collector is one of the different aspects of watch collecting. Some people like to diversify, others prefer to focus on a single brand and master it. Each collector sets his own guidelines.
Ok.. I can appreciate that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 11:18 AM   #21
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Hello to you all, I am new to this forum...
Welcome & congrats on your 684 - what a way to start off!!!

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote