The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2020, 02:40 AM   #1
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

126710BLNR or 268655 YM RG OF

Hello everyone,
Over the past few weeks during quarantine I have been reading a lot about Rolex watches. Since about January, I have been really interested in RG YM OF. But over the past few weeks, I have like the GMT II Master a lot more, specifically the BLNR and Rootbeer. Although I must say I like BLNR more. I was wondering if you had a choice what would you pick?

I do not have a relationship with an AD at this point and was going to get the YM from an AD. I realize probably a long shot to get BLNR from an AD and am considering go grey even though I really do not want to. The premium aspect does not bother me. The thing that does is authenticity and when I need watch sized and serviced, where would I go, an AD I did not buy from?

Just looking for some opinions, thank you!
Old 14 April 2020, 02:46 AM   #2
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

All things being equal for me, the BLNR is the better option because I am constantly on conference calls with multiple international locations so it helps me with the times in the various locations I meet with. When I got my BLNR, when I first tried it on at the AD I knew it was a keeper.

Both great watches, can't go wrong either way. You'll need to get both on the wrist to see which sings to you more.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 02:49 AM   #3
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonage View Post
All things being equal for me, the BLNR is the better option because I am constantly on conference calls with multiple international locations so it helps me with the times in the various locations I meet with. When I got my BLNR, when I first tried it on at the AD I knew it was a keeper.

Both great watches, can't go wrong either way. You'll need to get both on the wrist to see which sings to you more.
I see. It seems like a very useful function and with my new banking job I will start after graduation, I’m sure I’ll be on conference calls soon enough. Thank you for your reply.
Old 14 April 2020, 02:51 AM   #4
nikster
"TRF" Member

I have both, and I have to say that the YM gives me much more compliments. People call it the young person's watch
nikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 02:51 AM   #5
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miami View Post
Since about January, I have been really interested in RG YM OF. But over the past few weeks, I have like the GMT II Master a lot more, specifically the BLNR and Rootbeer.
Not sure why the TT CHNR got eliminated as a choice, but for me, that's the winner by a landslide.
johnorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 02:56 AM   #6
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
BLNR for me.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 03:09 AM   #7
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I have had both the CHNR and new BLNR. The BLNR is a brighter watch on the wrist. It seems to “pop” in various lights where the CHNR is more subdued. I sold my CHNR for the BLNR because I found over time the warmer and brown CHNR on my wrist didn’t fit my skin tone or style. It’s a personal choice as there is no bad choices. Both are outstanding.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 03:12 AM   #8
1mlee0916
"TRF" Member

Another vote for the BLNR.

Put out some feelers for the BLNR. You might be pleasantly surprised. I got mine a month ago. Seems like supplies from the ADs are much better these days. Only problem is finding one that’s still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1mlee0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 03:18 AM   #9
smym18
"TRF" Member

I’ve noticed your posts and it seems like you were set on the YM for a while, however IMO, I wouldn’t want my first and only watch to be on rubber. You can always get an Everest or Rubber B if you choose one of the GMTs. As nice as it looks in photos, you have to see the CHNR in person to appreciate it.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 03:23 AM   #10
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
I’ve noticed your posts and it seems like you were set on the YM for a while, however IMO, I wouldn’t want my first and only watch to be on rubber. You can always get an Everest or Rubber B if you choose one of the GMTs. As nice as it looks in photos, you have to see the CHNR in person to appreciate it.
I agree with this. The OF YM RG was my grail, for many years. When the coin dropped, however, I ended up with a Pepsi BLRO. It was the right choice.

I'd entertain an Oysterflex PM model now given that I have a daily, but I still find myself looking at 114060s etc as more practical options only because the Rolex bracelets are truly that good.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 04:14 AM   #11
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
I agree with this. The OF YM RG was my grail, for many years. When the coin dropped, however, I ended up with a Pepsi BLRO. It was the right choice.

I'd entertain an Oysterflex PM model now given that I have a daily, but I still find myself looking at 114060s etc as more practical options only because the Rolex bracelets are truly that good.
Thank you for the insight full post. I’m just leaning more towards BLNR at this point. I’ve seen DavidSW website and he as the one I want. Did not know if anyone else has had a good experience with him? I’ve also seen the big name auction houses that have them. Only problem there is buyers premium and I’m not trying to get into a bidding war.
Old 14 April 2020, 04:33 AM   #12
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
I see. It seems like a very useful function and with my new banking job I will start after graduation, I’m sure I’ll be on conference calls soon enough. Thank you for your reply.

Congrats on the new job! What did you study in college?
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 04:35 AM   #13
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Thank you for the insight full post. I’m just leaning more towards BLNR at this point. I’ve seen DavidSW website and he as the one I want. Did not know if anyone else has had a good experience with him? I’ve also seen the big name auction houses that have them. Only problem there is buyers premium and I’m not trying to get into a bidding war.

DavidSW is very popular on this forum. You can see reviews on transactions with him in the “Who’s who” section of the forum

Also, any AD can size your watch, although some might charge for it

An AD charged me $85 I think?
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 04:36 AM   #14
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
Not sure why the TT CHNR got eliminated as a choice, but for me, that's the winner by a landslide.
+1
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 05:00 AM   #15
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
Congrats on the new job! What did you study in college?
Thank you! I studied Finance and I am really looking forward to getting some real world work experience. My bank is not laying off any of the new hires like myself. I am very grateful for that.
Old 14 April 2020, 05:01 AM   #16
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
I mean from just looking at pictures I like BLNR more, but I am going to try to see both in person at some point.
Old 14 April 2020, 05:04 AM   #17
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
They are both awesome pieces when you are ready to buy call DavidSW he will take good care of you. Watch will be on your wrist the next day.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 05:28 AM   #18
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Thank you! I studied Finance and I am really looking forward to getting some real world work experience. My bank is not laying off any of the new hires like myself. I am very grateful for that.
Oh just realized you're a fresh grad. In that case, I'd definitely recommend a Sub or GMT. Wearing a rose gold watch as a grad is going to draw...attention.

Like I said in my prior post, if you must, get it as a second watch for the weekends.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 07:25 AM   #19
acheronsgrief
"TRF" Member

I’m gonna go against the grain and say YM. Only reason is because I seen you’ve been yearning for that for a long time on here. The others, while great watches in their own right, seem like they may be impulse wants. As another young guy with that watch, I think it’s subtle enough to pull off.
acheronsgrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 07:26 AM   #20
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

I have a YM RG and a GMT LN, and I think the YM is the nicer looking watch. Having said that, if it's a one and only, the GMT is a better all around/more versatile watch, although the BLNR2 might not fit that criteria IMO as much as the LN.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 07:58 AM   #21
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Thank you for all your responses. I still have plenty of time to carefully think about what I am going to do. Since I’m still saving, it will be a few months before I actually have an incoming. Still leaning towards BLNR at this point.
Old 14 April 2020, 09:26 AM   #22
Wck88
Banned

I think you'd get more compliments if you get the YM.
Wck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 09:29 AM   #23
Ntoz
Banned

The YM is a beast. I'd go for that
Ntoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 09:54 AM   #24
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

you seemed to be dead set on the ym all this time so i feel like you're just falling into the hype here. i'd wait until you see both in person and decide then
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 10:02 AM   #25
D.P.G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR (2019)
Absolutely the best and most comfortable watch I ever put on or owned. The Jubilee bracelet is perfect and the blue for day black for night bezel just makes sense. The BLNR is definitely my choice and with the new movement giving 70 hour reserve and in my case the watch has gained 5 seconds since December 7th 2019.
D.P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 10:35 AM   #26
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Hello everyone,
Over the past few weeks during quarantine I have been reading a lot about Rolex watches. Since about January, I have been really interested in RG YM OF. But over the past few weeks, I have like the GMT II Master a lot more, specifically the BLNR and Rootbeer. Although I must say I like BLNR more. I was wondering if you had a choice what would you pick?

I do not have a relationship with an AD at this point and was going to get the YM from an AD. I realize probably a long shot to get BLNR from an AD and am considering go grey even though I really do not want to. The premium aspect does not bother me. The thing that does is authenticity and when I need watch sized and serviced, where would I go, an AD I did not buy from?

Just looking for some opinions, thank you!
I have both of the timepieces you are considering. I love them both, although the BLNR with the jubilee get more wear. The YM OF is more blingy and seems to get more notice and comments, however.
Last I looked the YM OF is discounted in the gray market whereas the BLNR is at a premium to MSRP.
The usual advise would apply here....go with the one that sings to you.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 10:49 AM   #27
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
you seemed to be dead set on the ym all this time so i feel like you're just falling into the hype here. i'd wait until you see both in person and decide then
Yes I was pretty much dead set on YM. And I fully understand the hype of BLNR. But I feel like as a daily wearer, especially being a fresh college graduate, BLNR makes most sense. I still like the YM but I am questioning its practicality. I’ve had to much time on my hands lately.
Old 14 April 2020, 10:50 AM   #28
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes I was pretty much dead set on YM. And I fully understand the hype of BLNR. But I feel like as a daily wearer, especially being a fresh college graduate, BLNR makes most sense. I still like the YM but I am questioning its practicality. I’ve had to much time on my hands lately.
a blnr still screams rolex and the jubilee bracelet is really blingy. either way though you can't go wrong, just make sure you really want a blnr before you pay the premium
Old 14 April 2020, 11:20 AM   #29
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
a blnr still screams rolex and the jubilee bracelet is really blingy. either way though you can't go wrong, just make sure you really want a blnr before you pay the premium
Will do. I appreciate your responses to my questions/concerns. I’ve seen that you helped me particularly a lot on other threads. So for that I say thank you!
Old 14 April 2020, 11:26 AM   #30
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Will do. I appreciate your responses to my questions/concerns. I’ve seen that you helped me particularly a lot on other threads. So for that I say thank you!
np man, both are great watches and i'm sure it won't be your last rolex lol. sucks that everything is closed so you're just forced to stare at pictures instead