The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 02:03 PM   #91
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
My intent in making this thead was to merely inform others to be careful.

I do not wish to go into the transaction I have with Tristan, save to say that on 4 August I transferred by TT Euro2850 for a watch costing Euro2600+Euro150 for Courier and I decided to add an additional Euro100 to cover any costs at his end or in the transmission of the moneys.

As at this moment I have no watch, no tracking number and am down Euro2850.

I just want that money returned to me.

If any of you are in contact with Tristan please ask him to return my money, that is all. I have had significant communication problems with Tristan, and without pointing blame I don't know if and when I will receive a refund.
I can only guess that you are not a Fan of this Thread that you feel you had to post.I Hope you are treated Fairly and your inconvience is made up for.Hang in there
Old 25 August 2010, 02:07 PM   #92
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
Quote:

I do not wish to go into the transaction I have with Tristan, save to say that on 4 August I transferred by TT Euro2850 for a watch costing Euro2600+Euro150 for Courier and I decided to add an additional Euro100 to cover any costs at his end or in the transmission of the moneys.

If any of you are in contact with Tristan please ask him to return my money, that is all. I have had significant communication problems with Tristan, and without pointing blame I don't know if and when I will receive a refund.
Steve,

With all do respect, and I mean that honestly, writing a thread about another member with so much left out and not explaining the situation at all is something any other member would have got banned for. Having talked many times with Tristan and doing a few deals with members on here myself many things can go wrong. I am not taking your side or Tristan's but now the way this has played out people have no choice but to take a side. I truely believe that this will work out. But to keep the integrity of this form intact and I have been here since this form basically started and this forum has grown in leaps and bounds and we have many amazing members, transperancy should be at the forefront, not bashing a member and not giving any facts.

Just my 2 cents and I totally would be pissed if I were in your shoes and Obviously the mods are going to probably want to ban me from this but if it were any other member on here life would be over for them.

I love this forum, I'm on it every day, but the integrity must be kept.

Cheers
Old 25 August 2010, 02:18 PM   #93
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
It might be best to close this down before someone does get banned over a misunderstanding and someone else's bad deal. If the parties involved were other people, no one would care, other than to note not to deal with XXXXXXX. The word is out there. He's got to fix things ASAP and clear his name, though it may not happen until he returns from France.

十人十色
Old 25 August 2010, 02:19 PM   #94
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunwaun View Post
Steve,

With all do respect, and I mean that honestly, writing a thread about another member with so much left out and not explaining the situation at all is something any other member would have got banned for. Having talked many times with Tristan and doing a few deals with members on here myself many things can go wrong. I am not taking your side or Tristan's but now the way this has played out people have no choice but to take a side. I truly believe that this will work out. But to keep the integrity of this form intact and I have been here since this form basically started and this forum has grown in leaps and bounds and we have many amazing members, transparency should be at the forefront, not bashing a member and not giving any facts.

Just my 2 cents and I totally would be pissed if I were in your shoes and Obviously the mods are going to probably want to ban me from this but if it were any other member on here life would be over for them.

I love this forum, I'm on it every day, but the integrity must be kept.

Cheers
It sounds to me like Steve was more than patient, more patient than I would have been. We are 20 days past the start of the transaction, with that, IMO, Steve was still very nice in his initial post. I really hate hearing of this happening.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 25 August 2010, 02:20 PM   #95
B Square
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
It might be best to close this down before someone does get banned over a misunderstanding and someone else's bad deal. If the parties involved were other people, no one would care, other than to note not to deal with XXXXXXX. The word is out there. He's got to fix things ASAP and clear his name, though it may not happen until he returns from France.
x2
Old 25 August 2010, 02:22 PM   #96
Lol-x
Facilitator

Don't make assumptions.

Don't take sides.

All I want is this to be resolved.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 25 August 2010, 02:24 PM   #97
B Square
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't make assumptions.

Don't take sides.

As do all of us Stevo
Old 25 August 2010, 02:24 PM   #98
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Quote:
Don't make assumptions.

Don't take sides.

CEO Material
Old 25 August 2010, 02:26 PM   #99
B Square
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
CEO Material
or a politician
Old 25 August 2010, 02:29 PM   #100
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
Quote:
Don't make assumptions.

Don't take sides.

Lets Getter Done!
Old 25 August 2010, 02:41 PM   #101
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I have no dog in this issue..

However, remember that the most successful con men are able to put on a persona that provides a sense of comfort, camaraderie, and security.. They come across as warm, generous and caring....... and may even fabricate endearing personal situations....

Until they get the score, or scores that was the intent all along............

Don't judge on an Internet, virtual reality of how you "think" somebody is... judge them on the facts and actual actions....

At this point, facts and actions - more than this one instance - are contrary to what some of you seem to think...........
Old 25 August 2010, 02:48 PM   #102
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I have no dog in this issue..

However, remember that the most successful con men are able to put on a persona that provides a sense of comfort, camaraderie, and security.. They come across as warm, generous and caring....... and may even fabricate endearing personal situations....

Until they get the score, or scores that was the intent all along............

Don't judge on an Internet, virtual reality of how you "think" somebody is... judge them on the facts and actual actions....

At this point, facts and actions - more than this one instance - are contrary to what some of you seem to think...........
The Jason Latif incident comes quickly to mind. I just hope this is not the case here.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 25 August 2010, 02:54 PM   #103
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Maybe he got his credit card bill from partying with Dalip!
Just trying to lighten the mood.
One other consideration is that while $3800 is a significant amount of money, it's not "a lot" of money to many, and that may be a factor here. One party misjudging the urgency of the situation. Who knows. I hope it all works out. Peace.

十人十色
Old 25 August 2010, 03:02 PM   #104
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
It takes either serious cojones or being an idiot to try and scam the owner of one of the most iconic watch forums on the internet today.

It's bizarre that Steve paid on August 4, but yet Tristan was on here as last as Aug 16 talking about a transactions - http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=139707
Old 25 August 2010, 03:19 PM   #105
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
What I find unusual is that France, Greece or wherever you may be, have telephones, internet access etc for communication with others in the world.

So in this instance, let me see if I understand - somebody sells a watch, the watch isn't received, the buyer gets the run-a-round for three weeks and the seller leaves the country for ominous reasons and fails to contact the buyer about the purchase.

Let me say from decades of experience, to all those here that are still in the dark, this should be a major "red flag" if it ever happens to you. It was well within any parameters on this forum, or on any forum, to make others aware of this incident.

Thanks to those that support the Watchout section of this forum.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 25 August 2010, 03:36 PM   #106
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I am in Greece at the moment for the summer and due to the lifestyle, location, cost, excuses etc people do not sit in front of a computer all day long so if you are NOT expecting emails etc you might not check every day or even wait once a week BUT if you are there are few excuses as if you want to or need to get internet access or make a phone call even in a remote village you can.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 25 August 2010, 03:42 PM   #107
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
I am in Greece at the moment for the summer and due to the lifestyle, location etc people do not sit in front of a computer all day long so if you are NOT expecting emails etc you might not check every day or even wait once a week BUT if you are there are few excuses as if you want to or need to get internet access or make a phone call even in a remote village you can.
Hello Nicko. The point of my post is, if you need to make contact, you should be able to find a way to do so especially in this circumstance.

Now, tell me Nicko, when you're not away vacationing, do you really sit in front of your computer all day? Let me know when you get back so I can start emailing you again!

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 25 August 2010, 03:51 PM   #108
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
John there are really NO excuses for lack of communication is what I really wanted to say above. I think everybody has a cell phone these days or has a number they can be reached at given prior notice.Watches can be an addiction and believe me anybody into watches will find a way to check into a forum or so to get there fix sooner or latter and I dont care if your on an island.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 25 August 2010, 03:58 PM   #109
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If you don't get your money back from whoever this fellow is, I think that we should start a pool where people volintarily help you get some funds back in return for your hard work as an admin on an amazing site that has brought me and countless other members a wealth of knowledge and a ton of fun.

I got $100 usd I will pledge to you
Old 25 August 2010, 04:16 PM   #110
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon123456 View Post
If you don't get your money back from whoever this fellow is, I think that we should start a pool where people volintarily help you get some funds back in return for your hard work as an admin on an amazing site that has brought me and countless other members a wealth of knowledge and a ton of fun.

I got $100 usd I will pledge to you
Just make a pledge donation to the forum.

十人十色
Old 25 August 2010, 04:33 PM   #111
swatty
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
John there are really NO excuses for lack of communication is what I really wanted to say above. I think everybody has a cell phone these days or has a number they can be reached at given prior notice.Watches can be an addiction and believe me anybody into watches will find a way to check into a forum or so to get there fix sooner or latter and I dont care if your on an island.
I was thinking the same thing, I've made bank transfers from my Iphone whilst at the beach in another country. If you can email to Spain, to can email to Australia.
Sorry to hear this SteveO , hope it works out mate.
Old 25 August 2010, 04:42 PM   #112
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
It's very worrying to have to wait for something for 3 weeks not knowing the answers.
Best of luck getting the watch or your money back Steve
Old 25 August 2010, 05:10 PM   #113
Lol-x
Facilitator

Lets all hold on here, the ball's in Tristan's court.

We could speculate all day and night, it gets us nowhere.

Apart from making this thread as a public warning, I'm the only one who is in this situation. I am hoping for a timely resolution.

I have had a telephone call from Tristan in the last hour, which is good.

As I said lets not jump the gun here. A positive outcome is still possible.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 25 August 2010, 05:21 PM   #114
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Stevo, Tristan - I have my fingers crossed for a positive resolution here.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 25 August 2010, 05:29 PM   #115
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Stevo, Tristan - I have my fingers crossed for a positive resolution here.
X2!
Old 25 August 2010, 05:52 PM   #116
Ultraman
"TRF" Member

Hey Stevo, hope it all works out well for you, mate.
Old 25 August 2010, 05:59 PM   #117
Nicko
Banned

Thank god he called...This is what I told him last night when he called. I told him to stop wasting time calling me and call you. We all handle things differently and in this case it seems some reflection may be in order. Here I am 5 min. before a class on Tapatalk in my car writing this. COMMUNICATION IS PARAMOUNT hell 100 bucks is a lot of money for me and if I were Stevo I would be climbing the walls. Praying for a positive outcome.

Quote:

Apart from making this thread as a public warning, I'm the only one who is in this situation. I am hoping for a timely resolution.

Old 25 August 2010, 06:19 PM   #118
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi Steve,

Sometimes everything that can go wrong goes wrong in one transaction but I have a strong feeling that this will resolve itself to your satisfaction.

Old 25 August 2010, 06:36 PM   #119
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi Steve,

Sometimes everything that can go wrong goes wrong in one transaction but I have a strong feeling that this will resolve itself to your satisfaction.
copy that Eddie

now, where are those other Daytona wrist shots I requested mate??
Old 25 August 2010, 06:50 PM   #120
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:

I have also had a long call from Tristan - As Steve has said above, a positive outcome is still possible: and that outcome is Steve's money being returned in a timely fashion. Tristan has indicated to me that he is onto this and it will be done soon. That's good to hear. Right now it's not about what's happened up to this point - it's about what is to happen. Line in the sand for now.

I sincerely hope that this is cleared up soon.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread

Tags
fabrication , falsification , integrity , the truth