The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 06:53 PM   #121
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
copy that Eddie

now, where are those other Daytona wrist shots I requested mate??
Will post them shortly after I see your Expy II macros, MATE.

Hijacking the bosses thread is a banning offence Puffy.

Old 25 August 2010, 07:07 PM   #122
Nicko
Banned

I sure hope so Dalip. As I said before, I believe he's an honest guy, hell, you spent time with him, I'm sure you can vouch, but then again, we're not the ones who have time and treasure invested here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
I have also had a long call from Tristan - As Steve has said above, a positive outcome is still possible: and that outcome is Steve's money being returned in a timely fashion. Tristan has indicated to me that he is onto this and it will be done soon. That's good to hear. Right now it's not about what's happened up to this point - it's about what is to happen. Line in the sand for now.

I sincerely hope that this is cleared up soon.
Old 25 August 2010, 07:15 PM   #123
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
oh man... really do hope all gets cleared up ASAP.

have had a few offline chats with tristan, and he seems like an upfront, open, honest dude. understanding his current family duties, it must be tough for him and his family.

im sure Steveo wants to get this sorted ASAP as well.

all we can do is sit back and hope we can be a big happy family again (soon-ish).
Old 25 August 2010, 08:29 PM   #124
Nicko
Banned

I am patiently waiting, this really upsets me, I feel like this place is a family and when the water is murkey it gets me very anxious. Come on, lets get this cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
oh man... really do hope all gets cleared up ASAP.

have had a few offline chats with tristan, and he seems like an upfront, open, honest dude. understanding his current family duties, it must be tough for him and his family.

im sure Steveo wants to get this sorted ASAP as well.

all we can do is sit back and hope we can be a big happy family again (soon-ish).
Old 25 August 2010, 10:18 PM   #125
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Will post them shortly after I see your Expy II macros, MATE.

Hijacking the bosses thread is a banning offence Puffy.
ok mate, i'll post them soon, promise

will let you know when online
Old 25 August 2010, 10:36 PM   #126
Nicko
Banned

Can we keep to the subject at hand. PMs are a great tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
ok mate, i'll post them soon, promise

will let you know when online
Old 26 August 2010, 12:13 AM   #127
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
I still hope Tristan will make right by Steve, and direct contact between the two parties is a good start.
Old 26 August 2010, 12:37 AM   #128
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
This saga is a nightmare
It seems abnormal to me - for Tristan not to complete a deal.

10-12 days ago he was telling me all about his Olympic dial Datejust
(he bought a few months ago) that is on tour with Sotheby's in China
and ready to be auctioned off in October.

Also a man that loves good food and who invited me to eat together in one
of Spain's most famous restaurants (average lunch tab 600-700 euro)
...not able to refund 2800 euro.?

I am sure there is a serious reason for the delay.
Old 26 August 2010, 12:44 AM   #129
Rotorhead
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I have no dog in this issue..

However, remember that the most successful con men are able to put on a persona that provides a sense of comfort, camaraderie, and security.. They come across as warm, generous and caring....... and may even fabricate endearing personal situations....

Until they get the score, or scores that was the intent all along............

Don't judge on an Internet, virtual reality of how you "think" somebody is... judge them on the facts and actual actions....

At this point, facts and actions - more than this one instance - are contrary to what some of you seem to think...........
This is one of the things that worry me about this forum. I would think that it would be easy for a con man to infiltrate this site, make a bunch of posts and gain everyone's trust, maybe sell a bunch of low end items, then put the big scam into play. As we have seen, wire transfers are involved to reverse, not like protesting to your CC companies or having the transaction disputed with Paypal.

Last edited by Rotorhead; 26 August 2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: sp.
Old 26 August 2010, 12:53 AM   #130
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This is one of the things that worry me about this forum. I would think that it would be easy for a con man to infiltrate this site, make a bunch of posts and gain everyone's trust, maybe sell a bunch of low end items, then put the big scam into play. As we have seen, wire transfers are involved to reverse, not like protesting to your CC companies or having the transaction disputed with Paypal.
Has NOTHING to do with this situation.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 26 August 2010, 01:04 AM   #131
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Seriously? $4000 is not a big scam for anyone. No one else is saying "Yeah, he's got my watch/money too!" If you're going to invest a year into developing a "persona" on a forum to scam people, the payday's going to be a lot more than that. Besides, people actually know him, his family, etc. He's not some faceless anonymous poster. These kinds of things happen on the forums all the time. Things happen, problems compound, people get lazy and/or distracted and there you have it. It's almost always solved with a bit of time after the big blow up. Unfortunately, regardless of the outcome, I fear that Tristan's reputation may be tarnished for some time.

十人十色
Old 26 August 2010, 01:05 AM   #132
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
I'm rooting for both Steve and Tristan. Let's hope they both come out winners. In the meantime, thanks to Steve for the heads up just in case, God forbid, there's something foul afoot.
Old 26 August 2010, 01:29 AM   #133
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Well for one thing the only things that allowed for Sale on TRF is watches and watch related goods.Now 99% of all watch related items sold via TRF are not low end or low cost items I can assure you.And any speculation about any con man/ men to infiltrate TRF or have been on TRF for that purpose is just complete rubbish.But as I see it at the moment its down to Tristan to clear this matter with Steve, until then we should all reserve any judgment.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 26 August 2010, 01:41 AM   #134
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

There's nothing to say that Tristan's not going to make this right.

It just needs to be done now, today I reckon.

Actions, not words.
Old 26 August 2010, 01:54 AM   #135
Nicko
Banned

This is exactly what I told Steveo. 4 grand is nothing, and even less for a chap like Tristan. Maybe a couple hundred grand, but 4k, get real. People know him and his family and a scammer doesn't do this. So, all all those who have no idea should remain mute and just watch. This is not uncommon and could haopen to anyone, remain calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Seriously? $4000 is not a big scam for anyone. No one else is saying "Yeah, he's got my watch/money too!" If you're going to invest a year into developing a "persona" on a forum to scam people, the payday's going to be a lot more than that. Besides, people actually know him, his family, etc. He's not some faceless anonymous poster. These kinds of things happen on the forums all the time. Things happen, problems compound, people get lazy and/or distracted and there you have it. It's almost always solved with a bit of time after the big blow up. Unfortunately, regardless of the outcome, I fear that Tristan's reputation may be tarnished for some time.
Old 26 August 2010, 02:04 AM   #136
1watchaholic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Serti
One subtle theme that disturbs me flowing through this thread is that $4000 is NOT a lot of money. I realize this is the Rolex Forum and Rolex's cost a pretty penny. So, large transactions happen here all the time. Some buy and sell Rolex's like many do Invicta's. But for many it may have taken a very long time to buy their first and maybe only Rolex watch. In this man's humble opinion $4K IS significant, and was a large enough amount to start this thread. $4K to a man in a bind is like a million dollars and would be worth a scammer's time. I am NOT calling the seller a scammer do not twist my point. The point is if your pockets are so deep that you won't miss $4k...PM me to get my Paypal account so $4k can wind up in my watch fund!
Old 26 August 2010, 02:13 AM   #137
Nicko
Banned

Not saying it's not a lot of money, but not enough in this case. If this was a scam then it would have been for much more. Doesn't add up is all I'm saying. For me, it's a lot and I would be yelling louder than Steveo. But......in this case had this been a scam it would have been more, much more.

Quote:
One subtle theme that disturbs me flowing through this thread is that $4000 is NOT a lot of money. I realize this is the Rolex Forum and Rolex's cost a pretty penny. So, large transactions happen here all the time. But in this man's humble opinion $4K is significant, and was a large enough amount to start this thread. $4K to a man in a bind is like a million dollars and would be worth a scammer's time. I am NOT calling the seller a scammer do not twist my point. The point is if your pockets are so deep that you won't miss $4k...PM me to get my Paypal account so $4k can wind up in my watch fund!
Old 26 August 2010, 02:57 AM   #138
walds11
"TRF" Member

A scam is a scam, no matter how much money IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Not saying it's not a lot of money, but not enough in this case. If this was a scam then it would have been for much more. Doesn't add up is all I'm saying. For me, it's a lot and I would be yelling louder than Steveo. But......in this case had this been a scam it would have been more, much more.
Old 26 August 2010, 02:58 AM   #139
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
How bad was the lack of communication that this had to happen? Were funds sent with no telephone number? Without better information, this whole post seems like a rush to make this a public matter. Harry
Old 26 August 2010, 03:03 AM   #140
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
Without better information, this whole post seems like a rush to make this a public matter. Harry

The money was sent on Aug 4th! I don't see a rush here if anything amazing patients on the part of Steve. If I sent money and had no tracking number within two days I am going to freak out.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:10 AM   #141
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Would agree but until its proved that this is a scam then we all should reserve judgement Any man is innocent until proved guilty but at the moment thats up to Tristan to prove one way or the other..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 26 August 2010, 03:20 AM   #142
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
This is exactly what I told Steveo. 4 grand is nothing, and even less for a chap like Tristan. Maybe a couple hundred grand, but 4k, get real. People know him and his family and a scammer doesn't do this. So, all all those who have no idea should remain mute and just watch. This is not uncommonand could haopen to anyone, remain calm.
I beg to differ. Scammers do this all the time, maybe just not here on TRF.

Here's a perfect example of the same amount;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner...t=Wristwatches

Quote:
Not necessarily. Here's a potential case of a member being scammed out of $2800. $2800, $4000 or $10. It's all a lot of money to me if I worked for it.

Or by you saying "in this case", leads someone to beleive you might have kowledge of this type of behavior before. Maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Exactly. Now it's all up to Tristan and the only thing is for him to make it right...today
Old 26 August 2010, 03:30 AM   #143
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
I suppose at this point it's only fair to ask the 64,000 dollar question...............

Why didn't Tristan just send Steve the watch which he paid for?

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 26 August 2010, 03:33 AM   #144
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How bad was the lack of communication that this had to happen?
Excellent communication from Steve. Not so much from Tristan. I've seen the correspondence.

Quote:
Were funds sent with no telephone number?
No.

Quote:
Without better information, this whole post seems like a rush to make this a public matter. Harry
I can't agree with your thinking. It's just not making sense to me.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:36 AM   #145
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
I suppose at this point it's only fair to ask the 64,000 dollar question...............

Why didn't Tristan just send Steve the watch which he paid for?

JJ
That's a question for when Tristan's already repaid Steve.

Hopefully that's happened today though there's no actual news of it yet.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:41 AM   #146
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I beg to differ. Scammers do this all the time, maybe just not here on TRF.

Here's a perfect example of the same amount;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner...t=Wristwatches

Not necessarily. Here's a potential case of a member being scammed out of $2800. $2800, $4000 or $10. It's all a lot of money to me if I worked for it.

Or by you saying "in this case", leads someone to beleive you might have kowledge of this type of behavior before. Maybe not.

Exactly. Now it's all up to Tristan and the only thing is for him to make it right...today
I agree, but that ebay example is kinda not the same thing we're talking about. This is a guy who has established himself here on TRF, had provided countless hours of his time uncovering scams on eBay and has even went so far as have people over his house, meet the wife and kids and publish his address! Now, don't misinterpret my words, I'm not sticking up for anyone, if I had to stick up for someone it would be Steveo because he's out the money for the time being, I'm just saying that this doesn't appear to me to be a scam, but I may be wrong, let's just hope I am. If this were some run of the mill tosser. BTW mod or no mod, I am very offended by you insinuating that I may have knowledge of this type of behavior, I am using deduction, nothing more, so for you to say what you are saying is not only offensive but downright rude, being a mod does not give you the right to accuse me of criminal behavior.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:46 AM   #147
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Just remember that this is NOT about anyone other than Steve and Tristan.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:47 AM   #148
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post

You need to clarify this remark, this is unfair. How can you make this type of accusation? Mod or no mod.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:48 AM   #149
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
My guess someone have to made an apology but at the moment I can't figure it out who.
That would have to be YOU, Jocke............for the number of times you've made me look like a fool on TRF!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 26 August 2010, 03:49 AM   #150
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
I agree, but that ebay example is kinda not the same thing we're talking about. This is a guy who has established himself here on TRF, had provided countless hours of his time uncovering scams on eBay and has even went so far as have people over his house, meet the wife and kids and publish his address! Now, don't misinterpret my words, I'm not sticking up for anyone, if I had to stick up for someone it would be Steveo because he's out the money for the time being, I'm just saying that this doesn't appear to me to be a scam, but I may be wrong, let's just hope I am. If this were some run of the mill tosser. BTW mod or no mod, I am very offended by you insinuating that I may have knowledge of this type of behavior, I am using deduction, nothing more, so for you to say what you are saying is not only offensive but downright rude, being a mod does not give you the right to accuse me of criminal behavior.
I never accused you of any criminal behavior. You have stated your opinions all thru the thread. I just stated mine by using deduction as well.

Tags
fabrication , falsification , integrity , the truth