The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 July 2011, 07:28 AM   #151
Sinnned
"TRF" Member

Newbie here but i posted something further regarding Possible Theif

Please read lower post re: Possible guy that you all are looking for ???????? Get back to me ASAP. Sinnned
Sinnned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 08:30 AM   #152
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn1870 View Post
I just received a Private message .... It seems this jerk is peddling his wares under the name "vintagevalues" on Watchuseek and "evanwatches" on other watch sites. We are STILL getting the runaround from the District Attorney, it's in the works and taking forever, but we are certainly NOT GIVING UP! Thank you to all of you who keep up with this thread and who PM me. I appreciate all your imput! WE WILL SETTLE THIS IN OUR FAVOR!!!!
Robyn

Any update?

Old 8 July 2011, 10:50 PM   #153
robyn1870

WOW this guy is Ballsy!!

Still out there peddling his wares in any marketplace he can think of. From the last post from "Sinned" it looks like my post has FINALLY saved someone from getting ripped off!!! We are still in the crazy legal process and it seems to be going nowhere.. I guess that is because the people investigating/prosecuting are not the ones out $10K. Thanks to everyone who is contacting me regarding this jerk. There is talk of a civil suit or class action suit against this jerk - I have been in contact with tons of people who were burned by him.. we'll see where that leads.
robyn1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2011, 11:42 PM   #154
robyn1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnned View Post
I am new on here. I have made some communication with a guy selling watches in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I think he is the guy you are ALL looking for. Is his first name David ? If so..... does anybody have his Full name ? I have a last name but want to be sure this is the ONE everyone is talking about. I saw an Ad on Craigslist Boston and responded because of course i Love watches. I was to get together with him to look them over and he wanted to see/purchase a couple of mine (Vintage Omega etc...) I came across this site and could have sworn his name came up about three weeks ago. I just want to be sure. If this is the GUY i want to HELP because i think he thinks he is going to Rip me off (Wrong). Let me know ASAP so it comes to an end quick.
Yes, this seems to be the same gracious fellow.... We contacted the DA this morning and Shuman has made no deposits into the supposed restitution account that was being set up. According to the DA, the "client" has 6 months from the time the case came across the DA's desk to make restitution before legal charges are filed. That time period is not up yet. So we have no choice but to sit back and wait for this jerk!
Old 9 July 2011, 01:31 AM   #155
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

robyn, hope things turn out for you! This POS David Shulman needs to be locked up!!!
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2011, 02:57 AM   #156
robyn1870

Update... Sorry It's been so long!

Sorry it's been so long since the last post.. but honestly, there has been nothing to post. Shuman has made no contact nor has he made any deposits into the designated restitution account that was set up. Therefore, we have hired a private attorney (up until now it has been in the hands of the district attorney) and have begun the process for a personal law suit. It will now cost us money to recoup our losses, but we will NOT let him get off without a fight!!! So I assume this is going to be a long drawn out process, and I will post as soon as any information comes available. Thanks to everyone who has followed this post - you have all been great!
:) Robyn
Old 14 October 2011, 02:59 AM   #157
Sose
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Quote:
Sorry it's been so long since the last post.. but honestly, there has been nothing to post. Shuman has made no contact nor has he made any deposits into the designated restitution account that was set up. Therefore, we have hired a private attorney (up until now it has been in the hands of the district attorney) and have begun the process for a personal law suit. It will now cost us money to recoup our losses, but we will NOT let him get off without a fight!!! So I assume this is going to be a long drawn out process, and I will post as soon as any information comes available. Thanks to everyone who has followed this post - you have all been great!
Wish you the best on this endeavor. This guy deserves to feel the full weight of the law on him.
Rolex GMT Master IIc, Explorer II
Sose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2011, 08:03 AM   #158
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Robyn

Thanks for the update. Don't give up make that scumbag's life miserable!

Hopefully the private attorney's actions will progress at a faster pace than the DA.

Keep us posted.

Old 14 October 2011, 09:46 AM   #159
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Therefore, we have hired a private attorney (up until now it has been in the hands of the district attorney) and have begun the process for a personal law suit. It will now cost us money to recoup our losses, but we will NOT let him get off without a fight!!! :)
Wow. Sorry to hear you are still dealing with this. I would never imagine it to be so difficult to have a thief arrested who's identity is clearly known, and who's actions can be clearly proven. You would think that it would garner a little more attention, given the amount/value of items taken. How is (felony?) grand theft/larceny/fraud a civil matter and not a criminal one???
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2012, 12:19 AM   #160
robyn1870

Holy Cow!!!! We just received in the mail a certified check for the full amount of the original invoice plus $30 returned check fee!!
Special thanks to all who supported me on this site AND a special thanks to LOCAL law enforcement who, in the end, stepped over the federal/state law enforcement to get the job done!!!
Hope I never have to post something like this again, but I sure am glad I did!!
Old 11 March 2012, 02:00 AM   #161
Route 66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mark II
Congrats Robyn!!

I just love a happy ending.

You're always welcome around here.
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2012, 02:25 AM   #162
MoBe
"TRF" Member

I just love a happy ending!

I can do without the trouble that leads to it.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2012, 04:26 AM   #163
mbuckley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II
Really interesting reading---man the people on this site are great----classy folks!
mbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2012, 06:50 AM   #164
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon14

If the check clears........let us know !

Congrat's !!!!!

Hopefully you stick around !!!!!
Old 11 March 2012, 07:33 AM   #165
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
"WOW" is an understatement. Perseverance pays off!
handsfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2012, 08:04 AM   #166
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
So I guess he figured his freedom was worth more than $10,000.

I have no patience for deadbeats (at best) and crooks (at worst).

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote