The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 16 June 2016, 09:12 PM   #91
mapalfa
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the grass grow
I found a few things that were approaching frightening last night!

I was nosing around on aliexpress and found fakes of both the new Air King and the Daytona C. The AK was lousy, and even a blind man's guide dog could tell it was dodgy at 50 paces, but the D500 was quite a lot better. Not great, but better.

What I found most disturbing was that someone can pick up a rep D500 before Rolex have even got all their initial orders out
mapalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2016, 02:11 AM   #92
powerreserve
"TRF" Member

Watch: A. Lange1 Timezone
Look at the differences

I think the movement is not original. The screws, the engravings and the used materials seem different. Modified ETA? Or maybe even Asian mod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (78.0 KB, 795 views)
powerreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2016, 02:16 AM   #93
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerreserve View Post
I think the movement is not original. The screws, the engravings and the used materials seem different. Modified ETA? Or maybe even Asian mod.
I do not think so.
Please circle, compared to genuine the differences. Thanks
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2016, 02:19 AM   #94
Solicitor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
i do not think so.
+1
Solicitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2016, 02:30 AM   #95
powerreserve
"TRF" Member

Watch: A. Lange1 Timezone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I do not think so.
Take a close look yourself and compare this pic from an original Hulk to the pics posted on page 1

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk
powerreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2016, 02:32 AM   #96
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerreserve View Post
Take a close look yourself and compare this pic from an original Hulk to the pics posted on page 1

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk
I did, a few times.
I still consider for a number of reasons the photo in post 92 as genuine.

PS: I own a number of Rolex "ultra super fake" (my terminology) movements - they have a long way to go to meet a Rolex genuine in my opinion

Adam
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2016, 09:01 PM   #97
MattCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/ROLEX
So, what is the verdict?! To me it can be fake. Clasp. Bezel, well done but not as the original one. And engravings not as HQ.
Old 14 December 2016, 06:04 PM   #98
chrstphrb
"TRF" Member

A very scary and potentially costly Frankenstein.

Guys,

It's DEFINITELY a Frankenwatch with a mix of gen/clone parts - this I can tell you without a doubt...

I came to this conclusion based on experience with both HIGH-END reps (to practice working on (tuning, cleaning, moding, etc...), authenticating professionally, and my own & customers gen watches. I submit the following for consideration:

A.) The base movement is real; however, it was stripped/swapped out for gen parts to beef up a counterfeiters Yuki or SA3135 franken build. Basically, the perp/con artist was after gen parts that are poorly made in the clone, and gen parts that have branding/writing on them. The polish and the precision of the writing/engraving is almost exact as per the Asian clone movements (poorly done with improper tools/precision).

FWIW Previous poster hit it on the head, NO ASIAN CLONE, OR ANY CLONE for that matter has a free sprung balance wheel/micro-stella adj. wheel/screws.

B.) The bracelet is DEFINITLY a above average bracelet from a clone, an older Noob Factory if I'm seeing things for what they are via the photos. The screws and finish of the bracelet are mirror that of a decent rep (especially the finish if the inside clasp (way too rough).

C.) The Case, Crown, and Bezel/Bezel Insert are also from a decent clone (Most likely Noob Factory - look it up, specifically "Noob v7"). Dial is clearly fake, just looking at the font/type - you can clearly see inconsistent paint depth/width, VERY common on even the best reps.

d.) A Hulk-C should NEVER have as much wear and tear inside, and otherwise. This watch has clearly been disassembled by a novice watch modder (I'm not going to say "smith" and insult those who are legit).

I work on my own watches, and bought one of these $500 "clones" six years ago to gain experience working on/practicing cleaning the movement, replacing the dial, installing/removing hands, etc... without damaging my gen watch(s). I'm retired and wanted a new hobby, and was sick of paying six-fifty and waiting six weeks for my watch(s) to be serviced (in Arizona, nowhere local to send).

FYI, There are also near indistinguishable Tudor, Panerai, and Omega watches. BE CAREFUL. The movements will almost always give it away. This guy was smart and knew that the one sure-fire way to tell a cloned rolex from the real is the free-sprung balance wheel/parachrome hairspring.

Hope this helps.
chrstphrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2016, 10:03 AM   #99
usrudiver932
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Hour hand at end looks damaged, the green on the 40 and 50 seem to be bleeding into the platinum
usrudiver932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2016, 12:31 PM   #100
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstphrb View Post
Guys,

It's DEFINITELY a Frankenwatch with a mix of gen/clone parts - this I can tell you without a doubt...

I came to this conclusion based on experience with both HIGH-END reps (to practice working on (tuning, cleaning, moding, etc...), authenticating professionally, and my own & customers gen watches. I submit the following for consideration:

A.) The base movement is real; however, it was stripped/swapped out for gen parts to beef up a counterfeiters Yuki or SA3135 franken build. Basically, the perp/con artist was after gen parts that are poorly made in the clone, and gen parts that have branding/writing on them. The polish and the precision of the writing/engraving is almost exact as per the Asian clone movements (poorly done with improper tools/precision).

FWIW Previous poster hit it on the head, NO ASIAN CLONE, OR ANY CLONE for that matter has a free sprung balance wheel/micro-stella adj. wheel/screws.

B.) The bracelet is DEFINITLY a above average bracelet from a clone, an older Noob Factory if I'm seeing things for what they are via the photos. The screws and finish of the bracelet are mirror that of a decent rep (especially the finish if the inside clasp (way too rough).

C.) The Case, Crown, and Bezel/Bezel Insert are also from a decent clone (Most likely Noob Factory - look it up, specifically "Noob v7"). Dial is clearly fake, just looking at the font/type - you can clearly see inconsistent paint depth/width, VERY common on even the best reps.

d.) A Hulk-C should NEVER have as much wear and tear inside, and otherwise. This watch has clearly been disassembled by a novice watch modder (I'm not going to say "smith" and insult those who are legit).

I work on my own watches, and bought one of these $500 "clones" six years ago to gain experience working on/practicing cleaning the movement, replacing the dial, installing/removing hands, etc... without damaging my gen watch(s). I'm retired and wanted a new hobby, and was sick of paying six-fifty and waiting six weeks for my watch(s) to be serviced (in Arizona, nowhere local to send).

FYI, There are also near indistinguishable Tudor, Panerai, and Omega watches. BE CAREFUL. The movements will almost always give it away. This guy was smart and knew that the one sure-fire way to tell a cloned rolex from the real is the free-sprung balance wheel/parachrome hairspring.

Hope this helps.
I concur with all your points, good job and nice first post!
cht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2016, 01:38 PM   #101
cstone28
"TRF" Member

Please excuse my naive question but why are we still debating real vs fake for this watch. The OP took it to a RSC and they looked at it and quoted a repair. If the OP had had the work done they would have ended up with a 2 year Rolex warranty. Doesn't that pretty much shut the book on the discussion, or is it being suggested that even with RSC looking at it it could still be fake? If thats the case doesn't it open a whole can of worms about getting things verified at an RSC?
cstone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2016, 08:34 PM   #102
Dutch85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
I took this pic off a site called Solid Swiss.
There is no such thing as Swiss replica, it's all chinese.
Sites who claim they sell Swiss replica are scam sites.
Dutch85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2016, 11:26 PM   #103
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Chrstphrb you are so wrong in every single point you mentioned watch is 1000 percent genuine ok.
Stop talking about fake watches it's not allowed
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 02:46 AM   #104
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 LV
I don't think anyone here will understand a fake 3135 does not have a free sprung balance... it's the fastest tell not to mention lighting with a hulk will change its personality gen fold.. if this was a LN everyone would be all over it being genuine..
Mnicolini300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 02:49 AM   #105
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
There is no such thing as Swiss replica, it's all chinese.
Sites who claim they sell Swiss replica are scam sites.
Sorry this is not correct.
I have touched, and have close up photographs of a Swiss "ultra fake" Rolex's!

They are out there!
Adam
Old 17 December 2016, 02:54 AM   #106
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnicolini300 View Post
I don't think anyone here will understand a fake 3135 does not have a free sprung balance....
I have photos of a 3135 with a "free sprung balance"

I have touched the watch and taken in detail photos.

The SWISS movement was as close to a Rolex as one could get, only 2 issues could give it away - but it was "free sprung".
The case actually was the more tell-tale-proof.

Adam
Old 17 December 2016, 03:09 AM   #107
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have photos of a 3135 with a "free sprung balance"

I have touched the watch and taken in detail photos.

The SWISS movement was as close to a Rolex as one could get, only 2 issues could give it away - but it was "free sprung".

The case actually was the more tell-tale-proof.

Adam

And you're sure that the movement wasn't an older late 80s 3135 in a fake case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 December 2016, 03:19 AM   #108
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And you're sure that the movement wasn't an older late 80s 3135 in a fake case?

100%.
Watch was FAKE! It used a SWISS ULTRA FAKE movement.
NOT ONE PIECE was original Rolex.

The Pawn shop paid $8000 for it! I examined it with my High Definition Microscope and now can point out a couple of minor issues - but it was free sprung!

Adam
Old 17 December 2016, 08:46 AM   #109
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
100%.
Watch was FAKE! It used a SWISS ULTRA FAKE movement.
NOT ONE PIECE was original Rolex.

The Pawn shop paid $8000 for it! I examined it with my High Definition Microscope and now can point out a couple of minor issues - but it was free sprung!

Adam
What is your consensus with the Hulk watch in this thread? It looks crude in certain pics, especially the ceramic insert. Could the pics just be bad? Yes. But I still have doubts about that watch. BTW, I own a Hulk.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 09:03 AM   #110
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What is your consensus with the Hulk watch in this thread? It looks crude in certain pics, especially the ceramic insert. Could the pics just be bad? Yes. But I still have doubts about that watch. BTW, I own a Hulk.
As I said here:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....8&postcount=31

In my opinion (experience) the movement in the OPs first post is genuine, it is not a SWISS "Ultra Fake"

A
Old 17 December 2016, 10:53 AM   #111
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Hmm something seems fishy about your statement regarding a pawn shop paying 8k for a hulk when the retail is within 2k of that. I know several pawn shop owners and not one of them in their right mind would pay anywhere NEAR retail for anything.. they prey on money hungry folks and offer pennies on the dollar. It just doesn't ad up.. I'm gonna say that movement is real

Old 17 December 2016, 01:32 PM   #112
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hmm something seems fishy about your statement regarding a pawn shop paying 8k for a hulk when the retail is within 2k of that. I know several pawn shop owners and not one of them in their right mind would pay anywhere NEAR retail for anything.. they prey on money hungry folks and offer pennies on the dollar. It just doesn't ad up.. I'm gonna say that movement is real

I never said it was. Hulk.
I was only referring to the movement.
There is nothing "fishy". I have no reason to lie, nor do I.

And I have photos.

I also stated a few times that the posted movement is genuine, based on observations of that fake
Adam
Old 17 December 2016, 02:24 PM   #113
Jreddy
"TRF" Member

Legit!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 02:25 PM   #114
Jreddy
"TRF" Member

116610LV Really good fake or real?

But the insert does look suspect

Old 19 December 2016, 10:40 AM   #115
wisky
"TRF" Member

Look at the 7th Hour round marker, it shows a defect. I don't think anyone else mentioned this.
wisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2016, 11:07 AM   #116
Jreddy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisky View Post
Look at the 7th Hour round marker, it shows a defect. I don't think anyone else mentioned this.

Wow ur right

Old 20 December 2016, 05:26 AM   #117
Max Payne
"TRF" Member

Wow... this thread... I am speechless.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2016, 12:40 PM   #118
Royalex
"TRF" Member

No blue parachome, i guess it is fake.
Royalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2016, 02:00 PM   #119
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisky View Post

Quote:
I own a Hulk. The fit and finish on this one raises some red flags with me. The white gold surround on the 7 o'clock plot looks like it is damaged. Ask for a pic of serial number on rehaut and matching warranty card. Place more burden of proof on seller that this is real. I have some concerns, and if it were me I would pass on this one, but that's just me.

Guess you didn't make it past post #7? Lol.

Anyway OP how much did RSC charge you to get a service estimate?
Old 20 December 2016, 02:01 PM   #120
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalex View Post
No blue parachome, i guess it is fake.
OP watch and movement are genuine.
Both the photo and authenticated by Rolex.
A