The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 11 April 2019, 11:39 PM   #1
venom79
"TRF" Member

Thinking about trading a daytona ceramic black dial for a silver snoopy

Hello, as the title says I am thinking about trading my 2018 daytona ceramic black dial, for a 2015 omega speed master moon watch snoopy (silver snoopy).

I bought the Daytona at retail, but I am not really in love with it, I wanted the white dial but couldn’t get it, probably down the road in the future I will be able to. It has been used lightly, mainly for a few business meetings.

I really like the silver snoopy but I am a little questioned about The price that has skyrocketed, it has cost new $9,000 +-, now the few ones are available have an asking price of $25k +-. Don’t really looking to gain $$$ by getting the omega, but wouldn’t want to take a hit if the prices come down hard.

I got an offer to trade my Daytona plus $4k to get an unworn silver snoopy. I would be more comfortable trading it Watch for Watch, but don’t know if it may de doable.

What are your thoughts? I am an idiot and should keep the Daytona? Or should I make the trade? Under what conditions? What are the opinion about the silver snoopy for those who own it? And what about those who own both?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
venom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 12:24 AM   #2
fercruz
"TRF" Member

I would do a straight trade (no additional cash) if you can. That silver snoopy is quite special and I don't see its value ever diminishing significantly.

If you're not in love with the Daytona, I would do the Snoopy.
fercruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 12:41 AM   #3
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
Thinking about trading a daytona ceramic black dial for a silver snoopy

I am on the opposite spectrum as I considered trading my silver snoopy. It does still cross my mind at times, but I think I would regret it down the road. I know value comes into play, but I really love the snoopy and I was so happy to have the chance to buy it a few years ago. Plus, it was a special piece to mark my wedding renewals with the wifey. Buy or trade for what you want as life does seem to go by quick. I know it’s a PIA tracking down a Daytona, but the snoopy is as well and probably will remain that way for a long time. Good luck with your decision.

♛16610LV, ♛116710BLNR, ♛214270, ♛116610LN, ♛216570, ♛116900, ♛16600, ♛116400GV, ΩSpeedmaster Silver Snoopy 45th and 50th, ΩSpeedmaster ST1, ΩCK859, Seiko Alpinist SPB089, Casio Oceanus S100, Ball DM1020
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 01:01 AM   #4
venom79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalek1 View Post
I am on the opposite spectrum as I considered trading my silver snoopy. It does still cross my mind at times, but I think I would regret it down the road. I know value comes into play, but I really love the snoopy and I was so happy to have the chance to buy it a few years ago. Plus, it was a special piece to mark my wedding renewals with the wifey. Buy or trade for what you want as life does seem to go by quick. I know it’s a PIA tracking down a Daytona, but the snoopy is as well and probably will remain that way for a long time. Good luck with your decision.

Great opinion really appreciate it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
venom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 05:04 AM   #5
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

I really don't see the price of the Snoopy watch coming down @ all......so it's a good trade if you like the watch. It sounds like you're done with the Daytona anyway....just make sure it's something you'd enjoy. The 45th anniversary Apollo XIII is a very special watch to me, so I would never sell mine for the world. I couldn't say the same about my ceramic Daytona.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 06:15 AM   #6
eskiserkan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Snoopy for 25k is over priced imho and non of them are moving for a long time. I collect Speedmasters and cannot justify the value for Snoopy over 20k. If i pay 20k for a watch it would be white ceramic Daytona, not the Snoopy.

Trading the Snoopy without adding any pennies with a ceramic Daytona bought at the sticker price seems much logical.
eskiserkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 06:47 AM   #7
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Daytonas you’ll see everywhere—that Snoopy is a very rare and collectable watch.
If I were you, I would go for Snoopy. Daytona is a classic, amazing watch, but also small and not so easy to see such a small printing on the dial... Omega’s chrono-function is also easier to use. But... yeah... Daytona is still The Daytona.
No matter what you choose, can’t go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FinWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 12:13 PM   #8
cdlerx
Banned

Both are really good watches but i will definitely hang on to my Daytona.
cdlerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 01:00 PM   #9
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Snoopy will only go up in value.
Rolex Daytona is at its highest (grey/second hand market) and is still in production.
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 01:28 AM   #10
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssunnylee24 View Post
Snoopy will only go up in value.
Rolex Daytona is at its highest (grey/second hand market) and is still in production.
Snoopy will always be a niche model with lower overall recognition in the market, but I agree on value and collectibility.

I disagree on the Daytona. I never would have dreamed that my 20 year old Zenith-movement 16520 would have appreciated to the extent it has. The Rolex just has so much more market penetration it isn't funny.
Old 13 April 2019, 08:08 AM   #11
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
I would totally do that trade but I wouldn't add more than $2K. The Silver Snoopy is way harder to come by. Both are way overpriced in the secondary market. I personally think the Daytona is a better watch, but the Snoopy is a more unique and I don't see the value coming down.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 11:57 AM   #12
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Haha the 12 o’clock lume looks funny..
Old 13 April 2019, 12:16 PM   #13
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Tough one.

But if you don't love the Daytona go for it, the Snoopy is THE Speedmaster to own, best one IMO.

You will rarely see another one, while you will se plenty of Daytonas around.

Now for the deal itself, I think your Daytona + 4k is a little to much, straight trade or as close as you can get.
Old 13 April 2019, 12:45 PM   #14
ree7
"TRF" Member

I think most of the additional cash is because the Snoopy is unworn. You would lose the value if you decide to wear, because it becomes a used piece. If you can find a nice used piece I think the additional cash would be much less. Or even straight trade.
ree7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 03:03 PM   #15
Pongster
"TRF" Member

If meant to be worn, dont trade.

If meant to keep NOS as part of a collection, go ahead. It will only become harder to get the silver snoopy BNIB compared to a daytonaC.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote