The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 September 2007, 05:54 AM   #91
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by XELOR View Post
UPDATE: 22 SEPT 07-------------A Full Refund Was Provided.

Hi Everyone:

Well I finally have something to post about...

The AD only crowd seems like a very smart group right about now.

I got scammed on a fake Rolex that was so real looking that Rolex USA, NYC technicians may have even missed it at first.

It started with an ebay Rolex seller with FANTASTIC FEEDBACK FOR SELLING NOTHING BUT ROLEX.

I sent a cashiers check and a non-Rolex in trade to the seller for a total value of around $2700 (a little high but I got to trade in a watch I didn't want anymore).

The watch I purchased was a 9 Million, TT DJ, MOD 16013 in too perfect condition (a clue I missed).

When the watch arrived I shipped it to ROLEX USA and they provided an estimate for routine service of around $500.

Rolex USA called back the next day after the original estimate to say basically only the movement is real.

When Rolex further checked the Head, Bracelet Etc.... fake.

So it's been five hours now (not days- there's still hope) and the seller hasn't returned my call.

As soon as the Rolex documentation arrives (indicating what they discovered) I will plaster the sellers name all over the place unless he agrees to an immediate refund.

This one hurts...try not to rub it in!
all is well that ends well
Old 23 September 2007, 06:28 AM   #92
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
Congratulations you were so very lucky, I am looking forward to your happing ending with your new Rolex. Please post photos of your new Rolex when you get it. Once again congratulations to you.
Old 23 September 2007, 08:57 AM   #93
ASW1
"TRF" Member

Glad all turned out well
Old 18 October 2007, 06:19 PM   #94
Erix
"TRF" Member

Watch: D Sub date 16610
Nice ending of a bad experience.

Old 18 October 2007, 08:53 PM   #95
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
for future reference, the Better Business Bureau can oftimes make a difference with large seller/on the edge of being scammers; if that fails the local prosecutor or the US Attorney's Office can bring about quick results. Sometimes the State Attorney General has a consumer division which will bring heat quickly. All of these options are available, but the best option, of course, is not to deal on ebay for expensive watches like Rolex. Happy this ended well.
Old 19 October 2007, 12:10 AM   #96
Silvio

With the information you have from Rolex you can sue this guy. Sue him man, I bet you'll win. I've seen cases on tv like yours and the seller always loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XELOR View Post
UPDATE: 22 SEPT 07-------------A Full Refund Was Provided.

Hi Everyone:

Well I finally have something to post about...

The AD only crowd seems like a very smart group right about now.

I got scammed on a fake Rolex that was so real looking that Rolex USA, NYC technicians may have even missed it at first.

It started with an ebay Rolex seller with FANTASTIC FEEDBACK FOR SELLING NOTHING BUT ROLEX.

I sent a cashiers check and a non-Rolex in trade to the seller for a total value of around $2700 (a little high but I got to trade in a watch I didn't want anymore).

The watch I purchased was a 9 Million, TT DJ, MOD 16013 in too perfect condition (a clue I missed).

When the watch arrived I shipped it to ROLEX USA and they provided an estimate for routine service of around $500.

Rolex USA called back the next day after the original estimate to say basically only the movement is real.

When Rolex further checked the Head, Bracelet Etc.... fake.

So it's been five hours now (not days- there's still hope) and the seller hasn't returned my call.

As soon as the Rolex documentation arrives (indicating what they discovered) I will plaster the sellers name all over the place unless he agrees to an immediate refund.

This one hurts...try not to rub it in!
Old 21 November 2007, 06:09 PM   #97
chevycorvette
"TRF" Member

Watch: still looking
selling fake rolex on website or ebay is a serious crime. if you report it to fbi which they have a special department for online merchant who sell fake. this seller will have a serious trouble.
Old 21 November 2007, 06:20 PM   #98
FBender

Watch: LV
Old 23 November 2007, 01:43 AM   #99
TNRonin

Watch: 2000 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevycorvette View Post
selling fake rolex on website or ebay is a serious crime. if you report it to fbi which they have a special department for online merchant who sell fake. this seller will have a serious trouble.
As a former police officer, the FBI would only go after him if this was a pattern. It is entirely possible this is an abberation. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 23 November 2007, 02:28 AM   #100
fly-dad
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but always buying from an AD ensures 100% authenticity.

It sounds like this seller got duped too...or he just figures nobody will send the watches he sells to an RSC right away as you did.

Glad you got your money back.
Old 23 November 2007, 02:57 AM   #101
XELOR

I'm the OP and did my share of research on the subject of various ways to sell fakes. I'd say you provided an excellent summary.

1) It could easily have been a very honest mistake- based on my dealings with the seller I tend to believe it was. (or)

2) Base your sales literature on " like new conditioned pre-owned" then command a substantial premium thanks to the brand new fake case and bracelet. Get away with it 100x before anybody bothers to immediately send the watch to Rolex for authentication. Express shock and dismay and refund the buyer on the rare occasion you get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly-dad View Post
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but always buying from an AD ensures 100% authenticity.

It sounds like this seller got duped too...or he just figures nobody will send the watches he sells to an RSC right away as you did.

Glad you got your money back.
Old 23 November 2007, 07:03 AM   #102
PacNW

Watch: Rolex DayDate
Glad to hear things are clearing up for ya
Old 6 August 2018, 08:46 PM   #103
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
:dummy So let me understand this: the op sent his trade in watch plus a cashiers check to a seller he never met??? Really??? Surprisingly the seller actually sent a piece back to him- not so surprising the piece was fake! What a miracle that the seller did make things right w op, very surprising!
I don’t care whether a seller is AD or what they are, even if the pope vouches for them, I am not going to send them cash with NO protection. If they won’t take AMX or PayPal - no deal pure and simple. All this could have been avoided. Just ask Seller next time to send you the piece they are peddling and you will send them money once you receive it- ha!
Closed Thread