The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 22 April 2017, 02:52 AM   #1
jtamo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 6265
Suferjohn is a scammer!!!

SUFERJOHN is a scammer who stole money from me. He ripped someone else's photos and posted them as his own. When someone else sent them to me, I questioned them and he claimed they were his own from another site.

DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM.
jtamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Ugh the amount of scammers out there.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
He's banned now. Thanks.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 05:39 AM   #4
Dartmouthbrian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Bronze
You know it's really sad how many people get scammed. Im actually glad there is a tight knit community of people on here, names I recognize etc... Where it gets really interesting is when the scammers try to use an established name. I got a reference request week before last and realized the poor guy was about to get scammed. Luckily me and others were able to spot it an avoided some poor guy losing $5k dollars.

Im pretty new myself. I've bought a few things here and on WUS and sold one watch on here. It's a gut wrenching moment every time I wire money... We just have to do our due diligence in researching who we're sending to. And at the end of the day, trust your gut. It's rarely wrong.
Dartmouthbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 05:53 AM   #5
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouthbrian View Post
You know it's really sad how many people get scammed. Im actually glad there is a tight knit community of people on here, names I recognize etc... Where it gets really interesting is when the scammers try to use an established name. I got a reference request week before last and realized the poor guy was about to get scammed. Luckily me and others were able to spot it an avoided some poor guy losing $5k dollars.

Im pretty new myself. I've bought a few things here and on WUS and sold one watch on here. It's a gut wrenching moment every time I wire money... We just have to do our due diligence in researching who we're sending to. And at the end of the day, trust your gut. It's rarely wrong.
I've never done a deal on here. And only a couple online elsewhere. But, yeah, it makes me cringe reading these stories. I hate it. I wish there was a way to really weed out the scammers especially here. I know you have to be qualified to sell/buy here, but maybe even several procedures to ID each person would be nice. Photo ID, etc. Not saying that eliminates 100% of it, but it might deter most of them.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 08:40 AM   #6
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
I've never done a deal on here. And only a couple online elsewhere. But, yeah, it makes me cringe reading these stories. I hate it. I wish there was a way to really weed out the scammers especially here. I know you have to be qualified to sell/buy here, but maybe even several procedures to ID each person would be nice. Photo ID, etc. Not saying that eliminates 100% of it, but it might deter most of them.
I hear where you're coming from, but fake IDs are a big business too. If you request more information from sellers only the honest ones will provide it, the scammers will fake it and continue scamming. The only tool we have is a community like this calling them out as they are found, and buyers doing their due diligence.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 05:33 AM   #7
FITPANTHER79
"TRF" Member

Icon7 Honest online merchants

There are some very reputable dealers out there, one is "DAVID SW" first class merchant, bought a watch came out very satisfied
FITPANTHER79 is offline   Reply With Quote