The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 July 2010, 04:44 PM   #1
simon B
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1957 RAILMASTER
jubilee end piece 555B fake or real

Hi Group, I'm new to your rolex forum
I'm a watch repairer from the UK mainly dealing with Omega, Longines etc. refuse most Rolex jobs due to the spares issue.
I stupidly bought a 1603 basket case (90% Rust), I have a passion to take a pile of scrap and return it to mint using only correct parts.
My question is I have bought a jubilee from ebay which was listed as genuine rolex except the centre folding clasp ,end piece were listed as 555 which would be correct - bracelet is nice but I do suspect it is not rolex. the end pices are marked 555B, two questions - Did rolex make a 555B ? the position of the 555 is more on the "centre right" of the back not running into the ear. Both pices are stamped on the right side, is this position correct .
Thank you for your help. There's a mine field of fakes out there this guy deals mainly in rolex so hopefully he will return my cash
Simon
simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2010, 05:13 PM   #2
JohnKrist

Watch: 16014
Both 555 and 555B exist on genuine bracelets...but unfortunately also on fakes. Even the cheapest fake Rolex have 555 on the end pieces. So it takes more than that to se if it's genuine. The position of the 555 is correct, and if I remember correctly the B should be separated from the 555.
But, I would think that 555 is more common on fakes than 555B.
JohnKrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2010, 05:24 PM   #3
simon B
"TRF" Member

Thanks John
Looking at most 555 on the web they look like they 555 runs into the ear part of the piece (towards the right) this one is central on the and the "capital" B is under the middle 5. also there are 2 guide tube for the bracelet pin these tubes run to almost edge of the piece.
Still unsure, bracelet looks too new........
Simon
Old 14 July 2010, 06:22 PM   #4
jcherskine
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII 116300
Welcome to TRF Simon.
Would it be possible to post pictures of the bracelet and end links?
May be easier for the experts to give an opinion with pictures.
Probably best to post them in the "Watchout" section.
jcherskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 03:22 PM   #5
WatchMan8
"TRF" Member

Simon B...Model 1601 comes standard with end pieces stamped 555. If you need genuine 555 end pieces, I am sure we can work something out...as I have an extra pair.
WatchMan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2010, 04:43 PM   #6
simon B
"TRF" Member

555b

Thank you for your offer but as a watch repairer I could not nor would not take the risk that they were copies. bought another bracelet with everthing correct. I'm a stickler for things to be correct when repairing a basket case. watch looks very nice but has probably cost me more than her worth - never mind.
Thanks again Simon
Old 25 April 2017, 08:07 PM   #7
jrnine31
"TRF" Member

Rolex 555B

Hi guys, after looking at a thread where someone asked if his jubilee 555B bracelet was real, one person pointed out that the correct position is when the B is under the middle 5. Mine looks like "555 B" with the B in the same line as the 555 separated with a space. When doing a google image search I was able to find 1 picture like mine, but most of the pictures had the B under the middle 5. Also mine just says "Registered" with Swiss Made under, a majority I see in google images has "Registered & Patented" This has been bugging me for the last few days, if anyone can help me out I appreciated.

Thanks!

PS I'm new to this thread so I just clicked post reply instead of quick reply on thread I had a question about. Not sure which one is better to do.

here are some pictures of my jubilee bracelet

jrnine31 is offline   Reply With Quote