The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 September 2020, 11:27 PM   #1
jpgreenwood
"TRF" Member

Bremont customer services-happy.

Ive owned my MBII since Oct 2017 and love the watch. Bremont pride themselves in testing their timepieces in the most extreme environments, during live ejection seat tests etc, and go into great detail regarding the hardness and durability of the materials used for the case etc. I was shocked to find that i'd dinged the case after a few months. A tiny knock, but one that left a chip out of the lug.
After a couple of years of light wearing, rotated with other watchers in my collection, I found that the orange anodized bezel was fading between the 2 pushers.
I contacted Bremont with my concerns, stating that I didn't expect a watch of only 3 year old to show so much degradation in materials. At first, they quoted around £500 to replace all parts and full service, and extend the warranty by 2 years. Wow, that's expensive I thought.
I wasn't going to be blamed for "general wear and tear" for the barrel fading so queried their findings. They have replied with a significant reduction in the service and cost of parts, and the watch is now getting a full service and makeover, with new barrel, case and pushers. Ive chosen to chane to an anthracite barrel which I hope will wear better than the orange one. Bremont have been excellent all the way through and worked with me to reach a compromise. I now have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the watch back which is going to be painful. But at least I have my vintage 14060 or Breitling Aerospace to wear, amongst others.
DSC_0166 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
28767833_10156264631243408_1350991259_o by jason greenwood, on Flickr
jpgreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote