The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 4 August 2013, 02:02 AM   #31
Homer Jay
"TRF" Member

For those that have purchased from Bobs, did you do some negotiating on the price or did you just pay the wire price? I read someone post they thought the prices were negotiable. Just curious what other people's experiences have been.

Thanks.
Homer Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2013, 05:09 AM   #32
STL-16613
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I bought my 16613 Sub/Black A Series from them. I attempted to negotiate price but they would not move...but the purchase price that i did pay was the best i could find anyway...locally or online. After researching them I gladly paid the price they were asking and the watch is mint. Clarkson Jewelers here in St Louis...when they saw it they couldn't believe the condition it was in for the year and price!!
STL-16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2014, 11:16 AM   #33
tommyjr9
"TRF" Member

Watch: MASTERPIECE TRIDOR
Looking to be buying a sub from them soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tommyjr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2014, 10:57 AM   #34
warrenmich
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTII C
I have a 178240 en route next week and I had a questionable experience, dealing with the sales staff. They took over a day and a half to return my emails (stating I was purchasing the watch after questions were answered) and when I finally got a response, they said the watch was no longer available. I jumped online and it was gone. I went back on an hour later and it was there! I put it in my cart and called...sure enough, it was on hold under my name. After providing some feedback to the Manager, I decided to buy the watch. There was quite a bit more detail in this transaction but the moral of the story is, they made it right despite the screw up. The wire should process Monday.

Their prices are fixed and very competitive so they do not negotiate. I made a couple attempts and their logic is that they price the best they can to avoid giving having their customers question whether they are getting the best deal and wanting to haggle.

When I receive the watch, I will update this thread.

They assured me multiple times that they use an internal Rolex-trained watchmaker to authenticate the watches and an external shop who is Rolex authorized does a COA and polish if needed. They also change out the seals and pressure tests the watch. They sound like they take all precautions and they back their watches with a lifetime authenticity guarantee. So if there are issue in the future...ship it on back! I have emails documenting all of these facts (that's why I only communicated in email first) and I have faith!

More to come...
Old 18 August 2014, 09:02 AM   #35
StaceeJaxx
Banned

I bought a Mark 2 Maxidial 5513 a few years ago from them. It was perfect. No problems
StaceeJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2014, 09:47 AM   #36
JohnBaker3
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1971 Red Sub
I think they are awesome for buying a extra nice, late model watch.

Their vintage watches are usually over done with updated dials, hands, and bezels.

That said, I have purchased 2 watches from them and they were 100% what they claimed; no problems what-so-ever.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex GMT 1.jpg (76.0 KB, 240 views)
Old 4 October 2014, 01:27 AM   #37
Keyne
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2 Coke
I had a great experiencing buying from Bob's. Very professional and very accommodating.

My wife bought me a GMT2 as a gift and I specific requirements (circa 2000+ and Coke). They had a mint 2002/2003 but it was a black bezel. They worked with her to get the bezel swapped to a Coke. Originally they thought it would take a couple days to get the part, swap it, etc... turns out they got it done next day.

Watch is beautiful and I am very very happy. Would definitely recommend them.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2014, 08:35 AM   #38
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Watch: the shoes.
Ive had nothing but good business with bw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silvio Mosiello is offline   Reply With Quote