The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 November 2018, 02:11 AM   #1
cubfan
"TRF" Member

anyone have an opinion on their Tudor GMT?

Just wondering if anyone out there has any opinions on their Tudor GMT? I like the look, like the brand. That said, I currently own a Tudor LHD and the one thing I can't get past is the lugs. You can literally use the lugs on the LHD as a box opener. For some reason they came with a very defined cut to them. It was not a one off situation as I have seen all others in shops the same. For some reason the lugs on the chrono are polished, but the lugs on the LHD are wicked sharp. If you are putting on a jacket it is very easy to tear the lining. If you happen to be wrestling around with your kids it is very easy for them to get a scrape.

Any recent wrist reports?

Also, I'm wondering if I should buy one today at MSRP or wait for possible discount. Every other Tudor I've bought has come at a discount but it sounds like there are waiting lists for the GMT.

any thoughts?

thanks

-paul
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 02:20 AM   #2
fullofdays
"TRF" Member

good to know about the LHD lugs. I was considering purchasing one as my next daily.

I have been wearing my GMT for 4 weeks and it is very comfy on a rubber strap with deployment clasp. It's really up to you if you want to pay msrp or wait. I paid under msrp and didnt have to wait. timing is key.

MY bb58 is probably tops over my gmt when it comes to size and wrist comfort. very nice watch. the pip fell off but that's just part of owning a rolex/tudor.
fullofdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 03:05 AM   #3
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
I sold my GMT to help fund a 116710LN. It was a tough decision; I really love the bezel and dial on the Tudor. I think the bezel colours and font are better (gasp) than the BLRO. I just couldnt get past the bulkiness of the watch though. It was tough to wear as a daily; always aware of it. Yes, the lugs are pretty big as well, but not like the BB, slight curve to them. The lug holes are still pretty deep though so it leaves a pretty big gap between the case and a strap, and makes the watch appear even higher. I have always had a Tudor in my collection, but will wait this one out until they provide something slimmer and more comfortable (that is not a diver).

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 07:39 AM   #4
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Best watch I’ve ever owned (4.5 months) and ended up selling my DJ41 because I had no desire to wear it after getting the BBGMT. It’s destroyed my watch accumulation. I’m keeping a few but don’t wear them.

I’m on a current 90 day timing run, and it’s consistently within a second of atomic time with a little positional regulation over night. No date issue at all.

I have the unworn leather strap but wear mine on bracelet. I have smaller wrist and found the comfort increased amazingly when I moved the clasp to within four links of the 6 side. The bracelet has worn too comfortably for me to mess with the leather and deployent.

I love this watch. Doesn’t feel or look bulky to me. Has more weight than my dress watches but I’m fine with that. Fits well with a t-shirt, dress shirt and jacket, t-shirt...whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 08:40 AM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I ageee, it’s a large watch for sure but somehow I find it VERY comfortable on the bracelet combined with my 6.5 wrist
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 12:00 AM   #6
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
awesome watch pretty much my go to watch since I bought it on 2 june 2018 - no date issues and a very accurate time keeper as well

I had the benefit of owning a heritage chrono on bracelet and black bay red on leather - I bought my GMT on Nato as I just had to have it and the beauty is that the straps on all 3 watches are completely interchangeable

highly recommended

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 12:09 AM   #7
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
I love it and haven't had any issues with the size or lugs. It wears nice on a variety of straps and it's been mistaken for a vintage GMT by several people who have commented on mine.
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 12:28 AM   #8
DMM_78
"TRF" Member

I’ve had mine since July. Got 10% off, for what’s it’s worth. I did have the date window issue and since getting it back from RSC it’s been fine. Mine has the nato strap and for the money it’s a great watch. I’m not sure how long I’ll keep it depending on what I come across. But for now I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMM_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 01:29 AM   #9
arguetaoscar
"TRF" Member

Love mine...

arguetaoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 02:49 AM   #10
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I love mine. And I'm nuts about my LHD, too. But then again, I don't see an issue with the lugs, either.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 07:30 AM   #11
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I stopped at two Tudor ADs yesterday by chance to see or inquire for a Gmt or 58. I was told that they are receiving them but have many people waiting and whoever paid in full goes first. The best l could do was to have them call me when one comes in just to look and then l will decide, thinking of a 58 myself. It sounded to me that the Gmt is the real hot one of the two and most they've received were on straps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 08:09 PM   #12
Spence4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Very happy with mine. Just got it back from RSC in Geneva because of the date issue. The watchmaker said the problem was due to a faulty part that was replaced. I had it on the fabric but have since put it in an Everest band and will not go back. With the Everest (or Rubber B I assume or even the bracelet) it doesn’t feel like it sits up so high like it did in the fabric strap.
Spence4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 09:36 PM   #13
ejvette
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: me break clays..
I've been kicking around buying a 58 since I first read about it I can't seem to get off the fence !

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 10:05 PM   #14
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I think the whole BB lineup is very strong. I like the GMT and it lends itself very well to go on NATO straps or other aftermarket straps.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:17 PM   #15
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve had mine since August and it is my most worn watch in my rotation. I replaced the OEM strap and deployant with a blue custom made one and it is extremely comfortable despite its size. If you have ever worn any type of diver without issue then this watch will be equally as comfortable if not more so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mfnj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:26 PM   #16
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
People keep talking about size with Tudor and I can’t for the life of me get it. It’s 1mm larger? That’s 1mm more than the standard sub. The lugs are far more proportioned than the newer subs and gmt’s. I really think this business about the Tudor size and thickness, lugs, etc is that one person mentions it, then people begin to question and hyperfocus on it blowing it out of proportion.

With regard to the origional post, the lugs on my 16610 have never been polished and appears to be Pointier than the Tudor. never an issue in my 20 years of ownership.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 01:27 AM   #17
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
People keep talking about size with Tudor and I can’t for the life of me get it. It’s 1mm larger? That’s 1mm more than the standard sub. The lugs are far more proportioned than the newer subs and gmts.
For me it was not so much the diameter but the height that made it burdensome. At 14.6 mm it’s more than 2mm thicker than the gmt ii and sub.The weight with the bracelet was something like 153g which is a shave below my SMPc- yet the SMPc still wore less noticeable for me. My lifestyle just found the watch (a beauty don’t get me wrong) too big and self aware. I have a 7” flat wrist for reference.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 03:29 AM   #18
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
anyone have an opinion on their Tudor GMT?

I think it’s a great watch and one of the most accurate I have owned and been my daily wearer since the start of June although I must say lack of adjusta clasp is becoming an issue and I have tried with various fittings but seem unable to get a perfect fit and I don’t wish to fit a Rubber B so it may have to go as initially it seemed perfect but no longer,,
36 ss dj calling,,

jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 03:35 AM   #19
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

I have had the BBGMT for about 3 weeks. I have a 7.5" wrist and it fits beautifully other than it's a bit taller than what I am used to. It's super accurate and it looks great on the wrist. I can see where people don't love it's bulk but I don't mind it. Pictures exaggerate how thick it is to some degree and the case shape does help it sit lower on the wrist. Very versatile and would make a great only watch or even a dedicated travel watch. You get a lot of watch for the money and I can see why the market hasn't slowed down on these yet. I have been very impressed so far.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 05:10 AM   #20
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
Yes, I like it
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2018, 10:11 AM   #21
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Love mine,hasn't left the wrist much since I got it. keeping good time and touch wood no date issues.

Have had a few very good comments from random Rolex owners on trains and in bars.
Luch one hand
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2018, 12:12 PM   #22
Odie-r
"TRF" Member

I loved my BB GMT, but the size always nagged at me a little bit.. just a little bit top heavy. Sold it today, and I don't regret it. I will miss the wonderful bezel and winding action however.

To each their own!