The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 June 2018, 06:53 PM   #121
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyhayward View Post
Tried the jubilee on the BLNR and it doesn’t fit... the jubilee spring bars are too fat for the holes in the case. The spring bars from the BLNR bracelet are too fat to fit through the jubilee.
Do you have a picture of your BLRO without bracelet ? is there the same nick we have on Sky-Dweller or DD40 ?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (84.5 KB, 1227 views)
Alpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 07:02 PM   #122
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Just to confirm that you need a 78200 with BLNR spring bars to fit the Oyster on the Pepsi?

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 07:03 PM   #123
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpino View Post
Do you have a picture of your BLRO without bracelet ? is there the same nick we have on Sky-Dweller or DD40 ?

Doesn’t appear to have that nick on the Pepsi

Johnnyhayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 07:04 PM   #124
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee fowler View Post
Just to confirm that you need a 78200 with BLNR spring bars to fit the Oyster on the Pepsi?
That’s what I tried on mine and it works.
Old 10 June 2018, 07:12 PM   #125
billyrayuk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tried the jubilee on the BLNR and it doesn’t fit... the jubilee spring bars are too fat for the holes in the case. The spring bars from the BLNR bracelet are too fat to fit through the jubilee.
So it’s just a spring bar issue then?. I thought the end of the BLRO spring bars looked wider! Glad that’s confirmed. Gutted I can’t get into the shop today to try it. Considering how tight the bracelet fits between the lugs, as long as I can find a pair of spring bars thin enough to go through the Jubilee bracelet, it should hold just fine. Let’s see tomorrow.
billyrayuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 07:13 PM   #126
lee fowler

Quote:
Perfect and thanks.

Old 10 June 2018, 07:24 PM   #127
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayuk View Post
So it’s just a spring bar issue then?. I thought the end of the BLRO spring bars looked wider! Glad that’s confirmed. Gutted I can’t get into the shop today to try it. Considering how tight the bracelet fits between the lugs, as long as I can find a pair of spring bars thin enough to go through the Jubilee bracelet, it should hold just fine. Let’s see tomorrow.
It looks like the jubilee bracelet lines up with the holes perfectly, sadly don’t have any other spare spring bars here to try. I look forward to you being able to give it a better go tomorrow, I’ve had my BLNR on a superjubilee and love the look.
Old 10 June 2018, 07:25 PM   #128
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee fowler View Post
Perfect and thanks.
No worries. Have you picked yours up now too ?
Old 10 June 2018, 07:27 PM   #129
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doesn’t appear to have that nick on the Pepsi
The nick is different but is present ...

On my SkyD it's used in conjunction with the bracelet (Oyster).

How is the Jubilee endlink on your BLRO ?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (140.1 KB, 1214 views)
Old 10 June 2018, 07:37 PM   #130
lee fowler

Quote:
No worries. Have you picked yours up now too ?
Yes picked it up yesterday, stickers, warranty card and all the tags! A complete set and spent most of the day removing the stickers!

Old 10 June 2018, 07:41 PM   #131
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sorry for the crappy picture only have my phone.

Old 10 June 2018, 07:46 PM   #132
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Looks like BLNR owners who get the new Pepsi will have the best of both worlds and are able to chop and change at will. Great news:)
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 07:54 PM   #133
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for the crappy picture only have my phone.

Thank you.
Old 10 June 2018, 08:10 PM   #134
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just looked and the BLNR has the same “nick” as the BLRO

Old 10 June 2018, 08:16 PM   #135
steelman68
"TRF" Member

I’m looking forward to getting a blro and swapping the bracelet with my gmt ln now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
steelman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 08:25 PM   #136
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just looked and the BLNR has the same “nick” as the BLRO
You're right, just checked my 2009 116710ln ... it have the same. As well as my 2007 TOG.

So ... now I don't know why Rolex advertise on "concealed attachment system" for the new Gmt2 ??
Old 10 June 2018, 08:31 PM   #137
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Sorry again for the very poor photos but that’s the jubilee from the Pepsi lined up with the BLNR. It’s just resting so isn’t quite flush but the holes appear to line up. Guess we will know for sure when BillyRay tries again tomorrow with some different spring bars.

Old 10 June 2018, 08:46 PM   #138
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Oystersteel is no different. They simply gave 904L a name like everything else.

It's not sloppy but rather on purpose. Now we can expect future GMTs offered on Jubilee bracelets. And potentially a BLRO on Oyster at some point.
Maybe but I think more lazy, Rolex couldn't be bothered to actually issue a new case or position new lugholes so just superficially differentiated this from the WG, which works for the masses but not for us lot who will delve further, but looks like they are so powerful now they don't really care, esp about PM buyers.

PM buyers had now better be very aware of what could be potentially happening down the road to their exclusivity before buying. I would not buy a Daytona on OF now if you really prefer a bracelet.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 09:03 PM   #139
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

Took some pictures in the daylight, still not sunny yet here though

Love the pics!!

Seriously this is the best iteration of the Pepsi(or any GMT) for 6 digits and we all know they 'had' to make it in Jubilee just to differentiate from the flop model of WG Pepsi. If they had released it directly in SS, this would have been their choice all along!!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 09:33 PM   #140
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Love the pics!!
we all know they 'had' to make it in Jubilee just to differentiate from the flop model of WG Pepsi.
its the same watch, just a different metal. If you want to say flop because it sold in PM numbers, then so is the smurf or a DD or most other Rolex watches in PM.

If you are saying flop because of the "colors" that doesnt matter as those are the same in both.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 09:34 PM   #141
Crown & Shield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Wow.

This is something.

I actually outfitted my BLNR with a sub bracelet. I’ve got a brandy new PCL bracelet. And a Pepsi coming shortly.

This is interesting. And I love the jubilee. But this is still super interesting.
I joined this forum exactly for this kind of informed discussion.
May I ask you what springbars did you use for this setup, the original GMT II ones or the Sub's?
I too was planning to install an extra Sub bracelet I have on my BLNR but now I may wait to do the swap on a Pepsi...
Crown & Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 09:41 PM   #142
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
its the same watch, just a different metal. If you want to say flop because it sold in PM numbers, then so is the smurf or a DD or most other Rolex watches in PM.

If you are saying flop because of the "colors" that doesnt matter as those are the same in both.
I say flop that it was a slow moving piece with not huge sales and I saw it in window every time I visited my AD last 3 years and then making it in SS proves that they had huge stock of Pepsi bezels and they ended up making it in SS to sell those(if not they could have made it in Coke).

I wouldn't say Smurf if a flop coz it sells well enough for them to not think to offer Blue sub in SS and lot of stock of Blue ceramics lying around and I didn't see Smurf as often as BLRO in the window case. DD is completely different model and is a good seller on its own but you can't say the same about BLRO.

I don't see the debate here, so you are saying that Pepsi WG a successful model and yet they are offering it in SS?
Old 10 June 2018, 09:49 PM   #143
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
I say flop that it was a slow moving piece with not huge sales and I saw it in window every time I visited my AD last 3 years and then making it in SS proves that they had huge stock of Pepsi bezels and they ended up making it in SS to sell those(if not they could have made it in Coke).

I wouldn't say Smurf if a flop coz it sells well enough for them to not think to offer Blue sub in SS and lot of stock of Blue ceramics lying around and I didn't see Smurf as often as BLRO in the window case. DD is completely different model and is a good seller on its own but you can't say the same about BLRO.

I don't see the debate here, so you are saying that Pepsi WG a successful model and yet they are offering it in SS?
if it was a flop discontinue it dont then release it in SS. Making it more accessible tends to indicate there was demand, just not at PM prices. Extra bezels or not, Rolex wouldn't double down on something people didn't want as that is about the most ridiculous notion ever, and all because they had some extra parts lying around?

And clearly they do want a pepsi, because of the crazy demand for the SS version. It was a successful model and remains so, but people dont always want to pay for a gold watch, but that doesnt mean they didn't like it otherwise there would be no SS WL.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 10:16 PM   #144
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if it was a flop discontinue it dont then release it in SS. Making it more accessible tends to indicate there was demand, just not at PM prices.
Lol. You are mixing Pepsi bezel demand versus WG Pepsi demand. Who said Pepsi don't have demand? The WG 'sku' was not successful, so they offering in another sku. Pepsi was always an SS watch, they tried in WG. It didn't work as their expectations so its back to being SS watch. I think eventually WG pepsi will be rolled off, they continued it to offer the blue dial exchange for now (IMHO).

Anyways, if people gets gutted even mentioning WG Pepsi was not successful, one can't discuss much. Its not personal comment!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10 June 2018, 10:16 PM   #145
lhanddds
Banned

Watch: of course
Not to change the direction of this thread but, now that you have held the new Pepsi case in your hands, does it appear to have the same supercase as the Batman? Looking at pics with the jubilee I just can’t tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lhanddds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 10:32 PM   #146
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Interesting for sure.
I'll be leaving mine on Jubilee once it arrives though.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 10:39 PM   #147
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanddds View Post
Not to change the direction of this thread but, now that you have held the new Pepsi case in your hands, does it appear to have the same supercase as the Batman? Looking at pics with the jubilee I just can’t tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayuk View Post
I genuinely can’t see any difference in the ‘new’ case at all...from any angle!

Since the whole “you can’t fit an Oyster onto the new Pepsi” line was a ruse, I think it’s fair to say the smart money is that the “case reprofile” is also spin. I did wonder what the point was of a case redesign when you couldn’t actually tell the difference in photos, despite what those with “the eye of faith” were saying.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 10:40 PM   #148
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
If you said Oyster bracelet fits Pepsi with BLNR spring bars, wouldn't Jubliee fit BLNR with Pepsi spring bars?
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 10:51 PM   #149
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Mind blown.......boom

Old 10 June 2018, 10:55 PM   #150
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
to each their own. I have seen people trying to "make" a platinum daytona by changing the dial and bezel on a SS watch and this is the same thing. IMO anytime you are attempting to make your SS watch the same as a PM watch it has the potential to come across as really tacky.

That said I like the oyster bracelet, however because its the same configuration as a PM watch thats not the message i would like to send. I would not do it 100% because of that fact. If it was an official option i would think differently, but its not so im not a fan of the mod.
I don't think people want this to look like they have a pm watch. They just like the oyster bracelet. The fact that it looks like a pm watch is a side effect, one caused by Rolex.
They screwed pm owners in this, and I wouldn't see anyone who switches to an oyster as a poser.

I personally prefer this watch on jubilee. It seems the oyster fits, but if I'm reading correctly, the springbars from the oyster are actually thinner so they may wiggle in the BLRO's interior lugholes a bit, to mean that equals more wear.

All Rolex did was make different (larger) lug holes on the Pepsi as the jubilee can't fit the BLNR because the springbar end is too thick but the BLNR springbars won't fit in the jubilee because the springbar "body" is too thick.
So the oyster fits visually but I'd be concerned about the springbars fitting 100% correct as well. But this will easily get fixed by aftermarket springbars that fit completely flush in no time now that we see the bracelet fits.
No issue for me though, I love the jubilee and it's actually the defining reason I like the watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanddds View Post

I've said this since the first photos showed up of the new Pepsi and BLNR together and now this thread sort of proves it. The cases and lugs are the same as before. Rolex embellished their description of "redesigned". All they did was make the lugholes different and make a slightly larger springbar end for the Pepsi.

People keep saying that Rolex trimmed the lugs on the BLRO. They look exactly the same and I'm sure when we see measurements we will see they are the same.

This is key because people are using this to speculate that the new Submariner will get a "redesigned" thinner case like they did with BLRO.
Well, they apparently did nothing. A thinner Sub redesigned case is still possible but not based on data from the new Pepsi.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote