The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 March 2023, 05:33 AM   #1
itsinthebag
"TRF" Member

Purchasing jubilee bracelet no longer available

Hi all,

I recently got a 126710BLRO on oyster and always wanted it on jubilee. So I went ahead and ordered a jubilee as well (didn't want to wait for the jubilee only option). Now I'm being told that jubilee's are no longer be offered as an optional purchase. Anybody else hear of this or know any workarounds? I bought from a rolex boutique so I'm wondering if mailing RSC directly may be more helpful.
itsinthebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 05:41 AM   #2
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

Wow! That's not good news. I've read so many threads about people who have no problem purchasing the bracelet separately. I always thought it was a great idea, so you can have "two" different watches without paying the full price on the "second" one! Must be a new thing from Rolex.
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 05:49 AM   #3
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

I highly recommend contacting Rolex service Center for the latest information. When I ordered my jubilee last year, it required a few calls to RSC to help “educate” my AD who reluctantly ordered and seemed to not believe it would really show up. I also found RSC to be incredibly helpful and transparent — on several occasions they were able to tell me quantities in stock and on order, complete with estimated delivery dates so I could time a visit (I had gotten so frustrated with my AD that I was contemplating a flight to LA just to drop off my BLRO for the bracelet add-on). Good luck! It’s worth the effort, the jubilee is excellent on wrist with the GMT.
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 05:59 AM   #4
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Been trying to add an Oyster bracelet ever since I bought my BLRO over two years ago, inquiried with my AD again this week - no dice.

At this point I'm considering trying to source a 97200 instead.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 06:05 AM   #5
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie748 View Post
Been trying to add an Oyster bracelet ever since I bought my BLRO over two years ago, inquiried with my AD again this week - no dice.

At this point I'm considering trying to source a 97200 instead.

I heard that you’re not able to buy an oyster through official channels for the GMT II. You might try to phone RSC and see what they have to say. For some reason adding a jubilee to a piece that was born with an oyster is a lot “easier” than the other way around. YMMV. Good luck sourcing it!
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 06:10 AM   #6
Greenwood_
"TRF" Member

Purchasing jubilee bracelet no longer available

I picked up a BLRO on oyster in December last year, and I bought a jubilee through RSC London this week. Unless the policy has changed in the last 2 days the info below should be useful.

There’s a lot of misinformation (including from ADs) about the process. Some ADs told me they couldn’t order a bracelet until my watch was more than 5 years old, and some said it would be available only on an exchange basis (I’d lose the oyster).

I spoke to RSC directly and they were very helpful and clear. £1750 for the jubilee. I keep both bracelets. They have to fit the new bracelet to the watch on their premises, and they hold the watch while the order is fulfilled (should the bracelet not be in stock).

RSC said ADs can order the bracelet for me, and wouldn’t have to hold my watch, but given the inconsistent information the ADs were providing I decided to cut out the middle man.

I highly recommend contacting your local RSC either in person, on the phone, or via email.
Ω Speedy Pro Moon Phase 3575.20
Greenwood_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 06:14 AM   #7
itsinthebag
"TRF" Member

I bought mine last month and purchased the jubilee at the same time. Was just told by my AD they had to cancel a few jubilee orders this past month. Sounds like RSC is the way to go. Thank you all, always appreciate the knowledge on here
itsinthebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 06:47 AM   #8
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I ordered a 69200 bracelet from an AD last Saturday. Haven't heard anything back from them regarding that it can't be ordered.

They did tell me it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks to receive. I asked if I would be able to order the 79200 bracelet which they said I could.

Rolex might have changed the policy if this is true.

Possibly a new GMT on jubilee might be coming out and Rolex needs the bracelets for the new watch.
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 07:18 AM   #9
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
I picked up a BLRO in OCT on oyster. I ordered the jubilee when I bought and picked up about a month ago.
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 07:20 AM   #10
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Could this be a sign a new GMT model is coming out if this is true?
Old 5 March 2023, 07:23 AM   #11
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Deal direct with RSC. If you can walk in physically even better.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 08:09 AM   #12
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I had my 126710BLRO which came on Oyster put on a Jubilee by the London RSC last month.

My AD remains a bit hazy about this because they seem to receive conflicting information. I could have it, then I might, then I couldn't, then I could, then I couldn't. I then went directly to RSC with an enquiry. I suggest you do likewise.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 08:13 AM   #13
wewu1688
"TRF" Member

I called the nyc rsc last week to inquire about purchasing a jubilee bracelet for my blnr, this was after being told by my ad the purchase would be impossible without an exchange with my oyster bracelet. Was told by the nyc rsc that a exchange is not necessary, but what is necessary is an approval by a manager at rsc. Best thing to do is call rsc for clarification and go back to your ad armed with that info. Goodluck
wewu1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 08:26 AM   #14
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
This question get asked every few months.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=859681

The guaranteed way to get the bracelet is to go to the RSC. Forget the AD and their 'stories'.

It can be done and has been one, repeatedly.

June 2022 RSC London. Originally on Jubilee and purchased Oyster. Rolex authorised the sale of the Oyster bracelet in May 2022 to owners of the Jubilee Pepsi. Prior to that, you could only buy the jubilee if you had an oyster version.

Old 5 March 2023, 11:47 AM   #15
Corleone
"TRF" Member

I have asked at two different dealers about bracelets for GMT and got different answers. Things seem to change so fast that the sellers can't even keep their staff updated. One of them told me that it was not possible to get second bracelet pithing certain time after initial purchase. Keep trying for the right answer.
Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 10:13 PM   #16
Greenwood_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
I have asked at two different dealers about bracelets for GMT and got different answers. Things seem to change so fast that the sellers can't even keep their staff updated. One of them told me that it was not possible to get second bracelet pithing certain time after initial purchase. Keep trying for the right answer.

Again - don’t deal with ADs on this. Contact RSC.
Ω Speedy Pro Moon Phase 3575.20
Greenwood_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 10:39 PM   #17
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
From what my AD has told me, my impression is that they get mixed messages on this one. They are clear on Sky Dweller bracelet swaps, where there appears to be no ambiguity in communication. I used AD for Sky Dweller and RSC for BLRO.
Old 5 March 2023, 11:22 PM   #18
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
From what my AD has told me, my impression is that they get mixed messages on this one. They are clear on Sky Dweller bracelet swaps, where there appears to be no ambiguity in communication. I used AD for Sky Dweller and RCS for BLRO.
I can’t speak to current state of affairs with the GMT, but I just ordered two SkyD bracelets this past week. So, at least that is still a thing.

As others have mentioned contact the RSC directly. Better still, if you can get there, go in person.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 11:30 PM   #19
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

That's a fair point. My experience with the BLRO is recent but may no longer be current, which would be a shame.
Old 5 March 2023, 11:49 PM   #20
Codee
"TRF" Member

Buying anything from Rolex is a game of musical chairs. The rules change very time the music stops. I would get a perspective from another dealer.
Codee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 11:52 PM   #21
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

I bought one two months ago with no problem
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 12:12 AM   #22
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
My AD just told me the same thing.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 12:28 AM   #23
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchOut4It View Post
I heard that you’re not able to buy an oyster through official channels for the GMT II. You might try to phone RSC and see what they have to say. For some reason adding a jubilee to a piece that was born with an oyster is a lot “easier” than the other way around. YMMV. Good luck sourcing it!
I wonder if it's the fact that any 126710 BLRO that came from the factory with an Oyster bracelet was also technically available with a Jubilee, but the reverse is not true? It would be awkward to say that only watches from certain years are eligible for the spare Oyster and easier to just say Oyster -> Jubilee = OK; Jubilee -> Oyster = no-go across the board.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 12:58 AM   #24
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I can not speak to the Jubilee for the BLRO but I have purchased two Jubilee bracelets for my Sky-Dwellers through my AD. I had to provide a picture of my warranty card each time and they would only order one at a time. I have ordered a third for my last SS Sky-Dweller and followed the same process. It seems to take about three months, give or take a little. I have inquired about a dial swap for my YG Sky-Dweller and was told by the RSC in Dallas that the watch has to be out of warranty and a full service will be required to accompany the dial swap. I believe the total for the service and the the dial was just short of 3k.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 08:30 AM   #25
tenementhall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
I wonder if it's the fact that any 126710 BLRO that came from the factory with an Oyster bracelet was also technically available with a Jubilee, but the reverse is not true? It would be awkward to say that only watches from certain years are eligible for the spare Oyster and easier to just say Oyster -> Jubilee = OK; Jubilee -> Oyster = no-go across the board.

I think this is it. So effectively no 126710BLRO or BLNR from pre-March 2021 (when GMTs were re-introduced on Oyster) will ever be able to get an Oyster, because it would result in a “Frankenwatch”
tenementhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 08:43 AM   #26
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenementhall View Post
I think this is it. So effectively no 126710BLRO or BLNR from pre-March 2021 (when GMTs were re-introduced on Oyster) will ever be able to get an Oyster, because it would result in a “Frankenwatch”
Yes, technically those would be "frankenwatches" but I have a feeling Rolex wanted to simplify things by just saying "no" to adding an Oyster to a 126710. Otherwise it would be way too complicated to explain to the average customer why one watch is eligible to have Oyster added and another of the exact same reference is not. Blanket policies can be way simpler even if they don't make the most sense.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 10:24 AM   #27
EagleBear

All very good points here. The things we need to look at though are which models do we own and do they have referenceable options. GMT, SkyDs, DJ and so on. Dials, inserts, bezels and bracelets.
If it’s a referenceable change it can happen. When I purchased my BLRO when it was released on Oyster I knew I wanted both bracelets from the gate and confirmed with Rolex headquarters that was indeed possible. They shared the process with me and told me that the 126710 BLRO and BLNR were both part of the referenceable change. What they did fail to tell me though which I found out later was that there was going to be a one year lock out. Which meant that any owner prior to 4/7/21 would have to wait. That priority was for those owners that purchased new release models. Giving time to fill all orders and then opening up orders 4/7/22 to the masses.
There were a few of us going back and forth trying to get some transparency from headquarters instead of relying on SAs that all had different stories which fell way short of fact. So as far as the 126710 being a model that is allowed a change or an optional purchase that is factually true right from the horses mouth. Now here is the Fd up part, Rolex has never been transparent about their product options so could it change from one day to the next? Absolutely without a doubt but unless we hear that straight from the source then it’s just more SA bull.
Quick story …
Back in mid 2021 there were a few of us that got out BLROs right around the same time that wanted the optional purchase and we were all told different things from Rolex themselves. So what was the truth after all?
We all called the same number but spoke to different people.
Shoot they all weren’t even close to telling us the same thing. Lol in the end we all still got the optional purchase but holy crap two years later and still no transparency yikes.
EagleBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 12:53 PM   #28
Armis
"TRF" Member

Can you please clarify, if you call RSC to purchase then can they mail directly to customer, or does this have to be facilitated through an AD?
Thanks.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 01:41 PM   #29
EagleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Can you please clarify, if you call RSC to purchase then can they mail directly to customer, or does this have to be facilitated through an AD?
Thanks.

When I talked to them they gave me three options. I could send it to them and they would put on the new one and box up the original one and send it all back to you, or you can walk it in to your RSC. Or the third option is have your SA order it through the ADs parts account.
I told Shelby at Rolex that my SA was telling me it wasn’t an option at the time and she said “tell him you talked to me and authorized it have him call me if there is an issue.” So I talked to my SA and he obviously talked to her because he placed the order. So I suggest talk to Rolex and make sure you get the name of the person on the line authorizing the purchase in case you do want your SA to get it for you.
EagleBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 01:53 PM   #30
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
It’s worth noting that OP is in the US. The replies from other countries are irrelevant to RolexUSA’s policies. I’m sure the best answer is to call one of the US RSC’s, I’m sure they can tell you if it’s possible and if so how to get one.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote