The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 23 April 2023, 01:38 AM   #31
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Thank you! The brown strap makes the gold case pop a little bit more, and I admire the more elegant look of it now.

Though, what keeps me from enjoying the watch as much as I perhaps could do, is my perceived value of it. Its not just the family connection and the sentimental aspect of it, but I have yet to come across another piece like this one online in a similar condition (and IMO, some more inferior pieces go for quite a bit of money!).

Obviously, macro shots don't do our 70 years old and well worn watches any justice, but I wouldn't hesitate to rank this above some of my modern and presumably more "vogue" & desirable pieces.

Cheerio!
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2023, 09:26 AM   #32
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
Hi guys!

Changing things up a bit with a new brown/cognac colored alligator strap. I still love wearing this watch and have immense respect for it. It also keeps time very well and I've found plenty of use for its chronograph function at work.

Best wishes to you all!
That's the right look!!!! I have a 3 dial Premiere from 1945. Like yours, I love the flat pushers, looks really vintage!!!
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote