The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2022, 12:18 AM   #781
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Not to mention how did they move 1,000 watches and another 20 million euros of jewellery? Just 2 guys who couldn't even cover their faces properly?

Also, why, some weeks later, is Watchmaster's UK company still showing watches available that are located in Germany.

Edit - Watchmaster ICP UK Limited was already massively insolvent before the theft. Now, call me cynical, but I wonder if it was an inside job so to speak. Looks that way......
watchmaster just claimed they had 1000 watches stolen from the robbery, who knows what were actually inside the safe deposit boxes?
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 12:59 AM   #782
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
watchmaster just claimed they had 1000 watches stolen from the robbery, who knows what were actually inside the safe deposit boxes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
I don't think my statements are so unrealistic that you'd need evidence to not imagine that this stuff goes on behind closed doors.

When there can be several thousands of dollars in difference between the condition of a "worn watch" and a "mint/new watch". Is it really that unimaginative that some dealers wouldn't take advantage of that? Quite sure millions of people people out there have done a lot more for a lot less.

Earlier a user said something in the lines of "grey is made out of white and black. I think that's a great description for the market.
When I “imagine” something I don’t state it as fact.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 11:38 PM   #783
noshake
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I wonder why rolex didn't start the CPO program after 5 years once the original factory warranty expires. I assume the parts available to produce will determine how far back they'll go with servicing CPO models. There are to many unknow details so far.
noshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 12:00 AM   #784
ev8296
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV 126600
I was at Leonardos Rolex dealer in Metuchen New Jersey yesterday to order a jubilee band for my sky dweller I asked the sales person if Leonardo would be one of those places selling pre-owned rolex and he said yes and the prices would be a little under retail can you believe that. The pro is now you can obtain at a reasonable price the con all your watches that you thought were worth something just went down the drain. Ouch!
ev8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 06:14 AM   #785
SteveHao
"TRF" Member

SteveHao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 06:23 AM   #786
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev8296 View Post
I was at Leonardos Rolex dealer in Metuchen New Jersey yesterday to order a jubilee band for my sky dweller I asked the sales person if Leonardo would be one of those places selling pre-owned rolex and he said yes and the prices would be a little under retail can you believe that. The pro is now you can obtain at a reasonable price the con all your watches that you thought were worth something just went down the drain. Ouch!
They are pricing at Bucherer certified pre-owned rate here in UK which is about C24 plus 15-20% so sorry I don't believe it.
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 09:58 AM   #787
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRo View Post
They are pricing at Bucherer certified pre-owned rate here in UK which is about C24 plus 15-20% so sorry I don't believe it.
they can sell their CPO at below retail, it's up to them. but then I think you need to play the usual AD game in order to get one.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 07:44 PM   #788
TomLou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx 1807 President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang View Post
Are you sure this isn't supposed to be released on April 1st?
Certified pre-owned Rolex
White tag green letters
2 years Rolex warranty
No box just a pouch and a warranty card with a booklet.
Prices at stratospheric levels
TomLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2023, 04:50 AM   #789
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

CPO in the USA will be rolled out tomorrow w/ Tourneau
Auric Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote