The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 November 2022, 12:54 AM   #18
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
I’ve spent a lot of time snowboarding and skiing over my lifetime and layering is the way to go. Cotton is a no go because it won’t wick sweat. I also recommend ventilation. Mandatory that you move your perspiration away from you body and stay dry.

Big puffy down jackets are good if you plan on just posing and for non active.
While in in the military I went through cold weather training in Alaska with 2 training exercises there as well as some fairly cold weather in Korea a few times. Layering is definitely the right way to go about it especially if you’re going to be out for longer periods of time and you plan on doing any physical activities. It’s extremely important to avoid getting wet especially in extreme cold weather and not just regulating your tempature.

However as an older more stationary individual my Canada Goose coats work real well for most things I need it for. Even real well when taking my morning and evening 2.5 mile walks. Granted I’m not always able to vent or open the coat enough to avoid complete perspiring but it’s not that big of an issue considering I will be going inside after the end of my walk.

So actually big puffy coats do serve a purpose other than just posing. Heck, even at temperatures below 0 degrees I wouldn’t have to worry about putting various layers of clothes on to just take my morning walk. It’s just one coat over a t-shirt, jeans, hat, and gloves and I’m gone. Now I must admit I have more than one but that’s because I have a few coats for temps above 10 and one coat for temps below 10 degrees, but I don’t need to have to put on various layers of clothing to stay warm.

Just as I don’t wish to go to the trouble of dressing in layers to get in and out of the car in real cold weather I don’t need to do that for my quick 45 minute walks either.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote