The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 December 2022, 10:43 AM   #3151
BNTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank1280 View Post
Have they stopped giving physical Geneva seal papers in new 2022 overseas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up my 7900v black dial from AD (non boutique) a few weeks ago and I was told that they were no longer doing so and they have gone all digital. No Geneva tag either. I thought my ad was just giving me the run around since I picked it up in Mexico. Yes I went to Mexico just for the watch but with the tax refund I just figured I can have a free Mexico trip with the wife at the same time haha. They told me that any vc issued in the last 4 months wouldn’t have the tag or card. Can anyone else confirm? It would also make me feel more at ease lol

I also been reading previous posts about the calf leather and gator leather for the newer watches and I got calf leather. Was a really hoping to get that gator leather. I love the watch nonetheless!

BNTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2022, 12:05 PM   #3152
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Yes, they stopped providing both the paper Geneva seal and the hangtag per my AD. I also asked another SA at a Boutique and he confirmed this. Only electronic version.

Looks like a cost cutting measure.
Old 7 December 2022, 12:32 PM   #3153
mayank1280
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNTL View Post
I picked up my 7900v black dial from AD (non boutique) a few weeks ago and I was told that they were no longer doing so and they have gone all digital. No Geneva tag either. I thought my ad was just giving me the run around since I picked it up in Mexico. Yes I went to Mexico just for the watch but with the tax refund I just figured I can have a free Mexico trip with the wife at the same time haha. They told me that any vc issued in the last 4 months wouldn’t have the tag or card. Can anyone else confirm? It would also make me feel more at ease lol

I also been reading previous posts about the calf leather and gator leather for the newer watches and I got calf leather. Was a really hoping to get that gator leather. I love the watch nonetheless!

That’s what I thought, I didn’t got paper seal and hand tag seal.

mayank1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2022, 12:33 PM   #3154
mayank1280
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
Yes, they stopped providing both the paper Geneva seal and the hangtag per my AD. I also asked another SA at a Boutique and he confirmed this. Only electronic version.

Looks like a cost cutting measure.

Yes I kind of liked those, got both in my Fifty six

Old 8 December 2022, 06:42 PM   #3155
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Just picked up a blue overseas chrono and can confirm no hang tags or Geneva seal and came with calf leather strap. Still a lovely watch
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2022, 07:11 AM   #3156
BryRocket
"TRF" Member

Whats the deal with the brown dial VCO? I haven't seen very many. Was that a short run and when?
BryRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2022, 10:24 AM   #3157
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryRocket View Post
Whats the deal with the brown dial VCO? I haven't seen very many. Was that a short run and when?
Yes, I think they made it for a year or two max and discontinued.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2022, 03:19 PM   #3158
JHATY
"TRF" Member

Since gray market Overseas prices are returning back to relative sanity I'm thinking of picking up a blue dial 4500V. Only thing that's holding me back is the potential for Vacheron to update the Caliber 5100 at W&W 2023. What are the chances of this happening?
JHATY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2022, 12:11 PM   #3159
mayank1280
"TRF" Member

Does anyone knows what’s the waitlist duration on gold blue thin perpetual calendar?

Old 11 December 2022, 06:16 PM   #3160
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

@watchflair

Hi mate, sorry for the late revert, I missed your comment.

The rubber on Vagenari is easily as soft as original VC. Hole spacing also feels exactly the same as a standard size strap.

There is metal inserts in the aftermarket strap but they do not look as stout as original.

The quick release has a nice positive feeling once attached. The action of the QR is not as buttery smooth as original, but once it is attached, how often do you actually touch it?

Would I recommend to buy?

Yes, with the only caveat being to def try and get the general releases from your boutique. The somewhat limited summer releases, 100% would buy from Vagenari.
lmdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2022, 07:30 PM   #3161
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHATY View Post
Since gray market Overseas prices are returning back to relative sanity I'm thinking of picking up a blue dial 4500V. Only thing that's holding me back is the potential for Vacheron to update the Caliber 5100 at W&W 2023. What are the chances of this happening?
Like anything else in the high-end watch world, just a guessing game about what will or won't be released or updated.

I certainly wouldn't let that determine whether or not you would buy a watch. There will always be a possibility of something new down the road, and meanwhile you're not enjoying the watch you want.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 03:52 AM   #3162
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHATY View Post
Sounds to me like that's just trying to find a reason not to buy it. Of course they may update or they may not. Even if they do would that really affect your enjoyment of the watch? There is nothing wrong with the current movement and we are all perfectly enjoying watches with discontinued movements without feeling the need to update with every new release.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 03:57 AM   #3163
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

Agree. Just saw the blue 4500 at a boutique and it was absolutely gorgeous. If you think the grey prices are good, why wait? I personally think the market softening is going to lead to shorter wait times, so I’m waiting to hear from the boutique.

mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 08:46 AM   #3164
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Overseas on the grey are going to be below retail in a flash. If not already the case.
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 08:58 AM   #3165
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryRocket View Post

DavidSW had one for about 15 minutes a couple weeks ago. He underpriced it. I almost snagged it just because.
Old 12 December 2022, 10:59 AM   #3166
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
Overseas on the grey are going to be below retail in a flash. If not already the case.

I’ve been watching the ultra thin perpetual closely. They’re trading right at retail now and highly tempted to snag one but with everything falling this year I’ve gone on a buying spree and should taper back. My friends tell me it’s becoming an addiction

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 01:12 PM   #3167
jeffnar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Same - mine same with the calf as well. It’s actually a very nice strap. I’ll post some pics.

I got my 4500v Blue back in August and it came with a calf, not the gator.
jeffnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 04:00 PM   #3168
JHATY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
I certainly wouldn't let that determine whether or not you would buy a watch. There will always be a possibility of something new down the road, and meanwhile you're not enjoying the watch you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Sounds to me like that's just trying to find a reason not to buy it. Of course they may update or they may not. Even if they do would that really affect your enjoyment of the watch? There is nothing wrong with the current movement and we are all perfectly enjoying watches with discontinued movements without feeling the need to update with every new release.
Very true. I have never had a non-hacking watch before, so I'm actually not sure how much the lack of hacking will affect my enjoyment of it, and I suppose if it makes no difference then a potential caliber update shouldn't matter that much.

Even if VC were to update the 4500V, I'm not sure if I would necessarily go for it. For one, it would mean even further waiting for the new 4500V to land in boutiques, and obviously this means waiting even more for the waiting list to clear up (which isn't happening anytime soon where I live, too many rich people concentrated in a small area). And on top of that it comes with the downside of not having the older gator strap or the older box with the passport and the Geneva seal tag, and I've also noticed a lot of variance between the dials between multiple Overseas units, so where I would get to handpick a unit I actually like the look of on the gray market, I would have no such opportunity buying white. Sounds like my mind is pretty made up now that I think about it.
JHATY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2022, 03:02 AM   #3169
bravodeltawhiskey
"TRF" Member

Amazing how times change. Long waiting list and scarcity followed by the ability to choose the best available blue dial, LOL. It's nice to see color variation which adds uniqueness to the watch.

Hacking seconds is not a concern for me since all watches lose time. If I need something that accurate I'd by a solar powered Citizen with atomic time keeping ;)
bravodeltawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 01:23 AM   #3170
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

Anyone knows why VC doesn't get its own forum section? I hate that I always have to go to non-rolex then scroll for this post.
rico7rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 01:29 AM   #3171
mayank1280
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7rico View Post
Anyone knows why VC doesn't get its own forum section? I hate that I always have to go to non-rolex then scroll for this post.

Let’s request admin to open one, there are lot of VC admirers!!
Old 14 December 2022, 01:52 AM   #3172
tufa
"TRF" Member

Anyone knows what would a 4500V white and red rubber strap worth if selling?
tufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 02:12 AM   #3173
bravodeltawhiskey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7rico View Post
https://www.watchprosite.com/vacheron-constantin/14/
Old 14 December 2022, 06:51 AM   #3174
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Blue dial, 2021, so I think it's the "new" dial (it's the France bracelet and /1 movement).

Love the colour in low light like this but honestly not as much of a fan in brighter conditions. Black dial appeals for versatility but I have loads of black dial watches. White is very nice, piano dial. Like the white Patek 5711 looks great imo.

Hopefully more people can get these via boutique in 2023 now the premium has faded and flippers will vanish. I don't think the "10 year" wait list for Blue dials will last much longer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 15 December 2022, 05:11 AM   #3175
soulsea
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Just came in. :)

soulsea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 05:14 AM   #3176
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Nice! Their chronos are awesome
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 06:26 AM   #3177
soulsea
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Thank you. I absolutely love it!
soulsea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 06:57 AM   #3178
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I would love to see the Overseas get hacking. For a sports watch, I think it just makes sense.

But if a new movement with hacking means paying a 40% premium from retail, or a 3 year to "who knows when" waiting list, than no thanks. I'll see how far existing Overseas prices go and then pull the trigger.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 12:19 AM   #3179
bravodeltawhiskey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Just came in. :)

Looks amazing! Enjoy and wear in good health.
Old 16 December 2022, 09:13 AM   #3180
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Congratulations!

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin