The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 29 November 2022, 07:32 AM   #121
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

It appears not - but is there any taper to the bracelet?
wsrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 01:50 AM   #122
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrobert View Post
It appears not - but is there any taper to the bracelet?

Yes. 20mm to 18mm
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 02:48 AM   #123
wirru
"TRF" Member

New H. Moser Limited

Got my piece this past week and I’m absolutely loving it. This reference is seriously special and hasn’t left my wrist since.

Question for you all — what material / color is your rotor on the movement? Mine appears to be rose gold. But the photos I’ve seen online all show a grey rotor that I believe is Tungsten. Not sure why mine is different? I bought it straight from Govberg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wirru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 03:00 AM   #124
NardinNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post
Got my piece this past week and I’m absolutely loving it. This reference is seriously special and hasn’t left my wrist since.

Question for you all — what material / color is your rotor on the movement? Mine appears to be rose gold. But the photos I’ve seen online all show a grey rotor that I believe is Tungsten. Not sure why mine is different? I bought it straight from Govberg.

Congrats! Can you post a pic of the back side?
Old 4 December 2022, 03:09 AM   #125
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:

Congrats! Wearing mine today! Please post a photo of your caseback:
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 03:15 AM   #126
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Congrats! Can you post a pic of the back side?

A bit hard to tell the color of the rotor in the photo

Old 4 December 2022, 03:25 AM   #127
wirru
"TRF" Member

And a wrist shot

Old 4 December 2022, 03:32 AM   #128
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:

It does come across as a rose gold color. Buti t may be the lighting conditions . . .

Quote:
And a wrist shot

Isn't that a great dial?
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 03:36 AM   #129
NardinNut

Quote:

Crazy! Definitely not the same as mine!
Old 4 December 2022, 03:36 AM   #130
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
It does come across as a rose gold color. Buti t may be the lighting conditions . . .

Isn't that a great dial?

The dial is striking. The rotor on mine is definitely rose gold in color — the photos don’t portray the colors very well. Definitely not just the lighting! Is your rotor rose gold or tungsten/grey?

Old 4 December 2022, 03:38 AM   #131
wirru
"TRF" Member

New H. Moser Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Crazy! Definitely not the same as mine!

Crazy indeed! I wonder if mine was a mistake? Or maybe Moser ran out of tungsten rotor HMC 200 movements. Or perhaps they decided to switch to rose gold rotors midway through the production of 100 pieces?

Old 5 December 2022, 10:40 AM   #132
wirru
"TRF" Member

Old 5 December 2022, 10:47 AM   #133
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Crazy indeed! I wonder if mine was a mistake? Or maybe Moser ran out of tungsten rotor HMC 200 movements. Or perhaps they decided to switch to rose gold rotors midway through the production of 100 pieces?

Mine's tungsten too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moser.jpg (128.6 KB, 266 views)
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 10:55 AM   #134
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Quote:

Mine, as well, is tungsten. Odd for sure, certainly doesn't make sense for the same limited edition to have different rotors. Absolutely Loving it still

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 11:16 AM   #135
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Upon a deeper dive, the actual rotor for this titanium Govberg LE is indeed tungsten, not gold.

Old 6 December 2022, 05:14 AM   #136
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Okay, so why the rose gold on the other one?

I know that Moser likes to drop in completed movements instead of fixing an existing movement, but was this that kind of mixup?

That being said, isn't a rose gold rotor technically a higher end material than tungsten?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2022, 12:07 PM   #137
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Okay, so why the rose gold on the other one?

I know that Moser likes to drop in completed movements instead of fixing an existing movement, but was this that kind of mixup?

That being said, isn't a rose gold rotor technically a higher end material than tungsten?
I agree, I wonder if he called moser or govberg to find out. Tungsten is 10x harder than gold , similar weight and significantly cheaper. The tungsten look within this titanium case certainly looks more fitting, imo

Old 6 December 2022, 12:38 PM   #138
wirru
"TRF" Member

New H. Moser Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
I agree, I wonder if he called moser or govberg to find out. Tungsten is 10x harder than gold , similar weight and significantly cheaper. The tungsten look within this titanium case certainly looks more fitting, imo

I messaged my SA at Govberg to find out why my rotor is rose gold and no one else’s is, but I’m still waiting to hear back. Not sure if they’ll be able to give me any concrete info. Anyone know if I will actually hear back from Moser if I try reaching out to them directly?

I’ve been torn the past weekend on whether I think it’s a plus or minus that my rotor is rose gold. On the one hand, I think it’s cool that my piece seems like it was a mistake and therefore feels a bit unique. And technically, gold is a more expensive metal than tungsten.

On the other hand, I agree that tungsten is a more fitting look for this reference. Tungsten blends in with the monochromatic, media blasted look of the titanium and keeps the striking blue dial as the only pop of color.

Regardless, I’m still absolutely loving this watch and it’s wearability. It’s become an immediate favorite in my whole collection. And so far the HMC200 has been shockingly precise — it’s adding just +0.21 seconds per day!

Old 6 December 2022, 02:00 PM   #139
NardinNut

Looking forward to the update once you hear back. Definitely a unique piece!
Old 6 December 2022, 02:26 PM   #140
NardinNut

Old 15 December 2022, 05:09 PM   #141
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Tried one of these on today and while it’s a beautiful piece, I really didn’t like how stiff the end links on the bracelet were. The bracelet and lugs are so sharply turned downward and don’t seem to articulate very well. Do any owners notice that or is it just me?
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 05:30 AM   #142
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I messaged my SA at Govberg to find out why my rotor is rose gold and no one else’s is, but I’m still waiting to hear back. Not sure if they’ll be able to give me any concrete info. Anyone know if I will actually hear back from Moser if I try reaching out to them directly?

I’ve been torn the past weekend on whether I think it’s a plus or minus that my rotor is rose gold. On the one hand, I think it’s cool that my piece seems like it was a mistake and therefore feels a bit unique. And technically, gold is a more expensive metal than tungsten.

On the other hand, I agree that tungsten is a more fitting look for this reference. Tungsten blends in with the monochromatic, media blasted look of the titanium and keeps the striking blue dial as the only pop of color.

Regardless, I’m still absolutely loving this watch and it’s wearability. It’s become an immediate favorite in my whole collection. And so far the HMC200 has been shockingly precise — it’s adding just +0.21 seconds per day!

In the interest of turning lemon into lemonade, you can legitimately claim that your Moser is a piece unique. A 1 of 1.

Christies would be the next stop.....kinda like those upside down printed stamps.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 12:19 PM   #143
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Tried one of these on today and while it’s a beautiful piece, I really didn’t like how stiff the end links on the bracelet were. The bracelet and lugs are so sharply turned downward and don’t seem to articulate very well. Do any owners notice that or is it just me?
On my 6.6 in wrist the downward lug profile fits beautifully. The lightness of the titanium is wonderful as well.

Old 16 December 2022, 12:31 PM   #144
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think that's in common with a lot of bracelets. My PF, Urban Jurgensen and Nautilus were all the same. that's why your wrist has to have the right curve / size otherwise the first link extends out too much. This Moser isn't an issue for me with a 7 inch wrist. But I'll accept it's horses for courses........!
Old 16 December 2022, 12:47 PM   #145
rag5178
"TRF" Member

I’m just glad I was able to try it on. Most of my other watches on bracelets lay relatively flat if you were to take the watch off and lay it on a desk, dial side up. The moser, due to the articulation of the end links, would stand fully upright it seemed. My wrist is a little over 7 inches though so maybe that was the issue for me. At any rate, my usual problem is falling in love and buying too many watches, so I’m actually a bit relieved this one was an easier pass for me.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 01:23 PM   #146
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m just glad I was able to try it on. Most of my other watches on bracelets lay relatively flat if you were to take the watch off and lay it on a desk, dial side up. The moser, due to the articulation of the end links, would stand fully upright it seemed. My wrist is a little over 7 inches though so maybe that was the issue for me. At any rate, my usual problem is falling in love and buying too many watches, so I’m actually a bit relieved this one was an easier pass for me.
I've just tried the Moser compared to my PF Chrono - you're right and it's not just the first link but the second is quite "curved" too. I'd n ot previously noticed it and, as I've said, it's not a problem for me but as you get over 7 inch wrist, it may start to dig in a bit.
Old 22 December 2022, 01:26 PM   #147
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
In the interest of turning lemon into lemonade, you can legitimately claim that your Moser is a piece unique. A 1 of 1.

Christies would be the next stop.....kinda like those upside down printed stamps.

Agreed! Great point. Well, I have certainly been enjoying my piece unique Moser these past few weeks

Old 22 December 2022, 01:41 PM   #148
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
I've just tried the Moser compared to my PF Chrono - you're right and it's not just the first link but the second is quite "curved" too. I'd n ot previously noticed it and, as I've said, it's not a problem for me but as you get over 7 inch wrist, it may start to dig in a bit.

I have a 6.6 in wrist. I find that the downward curve of the lugs and articulation of the bracelet links makes the piece fit beautifully and comfortably.

Here’s what it looks like from the side when the bracelet is spread as wide open as possible:

And here are some shots showing it next to some other watches with bracelets. You can see that it certainly doesn’t articulate as widely as the others:

By the way, can we talk about how incredible the LUME on this piece is? Outshines (pun intended) every other sports watch in my collection by a mile. The luminous ceramic compound that they use (“Globolight”) is stunning. I hope other brands consider using this new material as well:

Old 22 December 2022, 02:48 PM   #149
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I love how you have them all lined up on the floor for a photo. That’s the kind of dumb **** my wife catches me doing regularly and has no choice but to keep it moving lol
Old 22 December 2022, 03:46 PM   #150
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I love how you have them all lined up on the floor for a photo. That’s the kind of dumb **** my wife catches me doing regularly and has no choice but to keep it moving lol

Haha. We have no shame, my friend!