The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2021, 07:58 AM   #11641
shkure
Banned

My one and only AP. Dont think ill ever get another RO by the way my SA was speaking to me a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 02:14 PM   #11642
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by shkure View Post

My one and only AP. Dont think ill ever get another RO by the way my SA was speaking to me a few days ago.

That's the only one you need

Old 19 June 2021, 02:21 PM   #11643
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What a shame. A shame for collectors. A shame for AP.

Instead, people who flip their pieces within 24 hours over to grey market dealers keep getting pieces.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 02:51 PM   #11644
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Instead, people who flip their pieces within 24 hours over to grey market dealers keep getting pieces.

It all went downhill when i dared to ask about the blue RO Chrono. Told me even people with 500k/year spend cant get it and i should be lucky i have 1 RO at all. She also said i must “grow” in the brand before asking for such things. I had hopes AP was different, but they are no better than Rolex or PP in this respect.

Old 19 June 2021, 03:10 PM   #11645
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It all went downhill when i dared to ask about the blue RO Chrono. Told me even people with 500k/year spend cant get it and i should be lucky i have 1 RO at all. She also said i must “grow” in the brand before asking for such things. I had hopes AP was different, but they are no better than Rolex or PP in this respect.
What a joke.

She talks about the RO Chrono as if you were asking, before you purchased or owned a single AP, for a Jumbo or a Ceramic Openworked.

Everything has gone to the dogs, honestly.

Old 19 June 2021, 03:44 PM   #11646
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

I’m not sure this is a true reflection of reality. When you buy a new AP it is registered on your account under ‘my watches’ and if you sell the watch it disappears from your profile when the new owner registers it for the warranty and therefore it’s easy for AP to see who is flipping.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:00 PM   #11647
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I’m not sure this is a true reflection of reality. When you buy a new AP it is registered on your account under ‘my watches’ and if you sell the watch it disappears from your profile when the new owner registers it for the warranty and therefore it’s easy for AP to see who is flipping.
So then where do all the greys get their brand new fully stickered / still in plastic pieces, I wonder?

There's a nice constant flow of incoming inventory for them. You can see it on their websites and/or on Instagram on a pretty regular basis.
Old 19 June 2021, 04:03 PM   #11648
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

May I ask which country you’re in? This doesn’t sound like anything you’d hear in the UK.

Old 19 June 2021, 04:06 PM   #11649
shkure
Banned

Quote:
What a joke.

She talks about the RO Chrono as if you were asking, before you purchased or owned a single AP, for a Jumbo or a Ceramic Openworked.

Everything has gone to the dogs, honestly.

According to her, the ceramics and openworks are only going to celebrities and influencers. Rarely does a “normal” person get one of those.

Im more than ever hoping for a big correction in watches. Things have gone too euphoric recently.

Old 19 June 2021, 04:08 PM   #11650
shkure
Banned

Quote:
May I ask which country you’re in? This doesn’t sound like anything you’d hear in the UK.

Smaller European country

Old 19 June 2021, 04:51 PM   #11651
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So then where do all the greys get their brand new fully stickered / still in plastic pieces, I wonder?

There's a nice constant flow of incoming inventory for them. You can see it on their websites and/or on Instagram on a pretty regular basis.

As you say the evidence proves that it happens but I don’t believe it’s happening repeatedly from the same source each time as AP can see when you sell a watch and how quickly you sold it.

Old 19 June 2021, 05:21 PM   #11652
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Don’t believe the shit you see on social media.

If I’d have a grey business I would buy a lot of fake watches, as many and diversely possible to use as prop for social media pictures.
The idea is to create the sense of high volume incoming, high demand and fast sell. If a customer sees one of my posts and expresses interest, I’ll redirect him to my genuine AP inventory, claiming the others are already sold/reserved.

BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 07:04 PM   #11653
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Boutique or AD? That’s pretty absurd since a blue ROC is part of the “growing”

Reign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 08:29 PM   #11654
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Boutique or AD? That’s pretty absurd since a blue ROC is part of the “growing”

Official boutique.

Old 19 June 2021, 09:09 PM   #11655
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

Yeh that doesn’t sound like AP, which I feel definitely have a different attitude than Rolex. When I went into AP house as a first timer, was very welcomed, got to try on a lot of “hot” pieces, wasn’t able to buy of course. Spent hour chatting over some coffee, there was no mention of spend or need buy this first.

Rolex boutiques are more hostile I feel, they don’t seem to be interested in talking unless your asking for a DJ.

Anyways here’s my AP today,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 10:13 PM   #11656
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
This looks excellent and prompted me to go on a c24 blackhole looking for one. Might have an incoming to announce soon now, so not sure to blame or thank you . Beautiful watch, love it on the white rubber, what a great summer watch.

Excellent - do it!! Lol

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:04 PM   #11657
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

Things have really gone full circle, a few years ago a friend of mine offered to buy a blue ROC... if the AD threw in a SS Daytona as well.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 12:32 AM   #11658
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Yeh that doesn’t sound like AP, which I feel definitely have a different attitude than Rolex. When I went into AP house as a first timer, was very welcomed, got to try on a lot of “hot” pieces, wasn’t able to buy of course. Spent hour chatting over some coffee, there was no mention of spend or need buy this first.

Rolex boutiques are more hostile I feel, they don’t seem to be interested in talking unless your asking for a DJ.

Anyways here’s my AP today,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong, they are very nice and welcoming. The SA is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to speak with, and im sure she does not make the rules. Its also worth mentioning, they did sell me 15500 silver with no prior history.

Thats why i was puzzled by her new “stance”. I think the watch market has gotten to their heads and they are slowly forgetting these watches were sitting in cases 2-3 years ago.

Old 20 June 2021, 08:03 AM   #11659
slim
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG DD,SD43,Pam104
Visited an AP house as a first timer today. It was a great relaxed environment and the SA was very pleasant and a pleasure to speak with. There were no mentions of minimum spends or specific ladders to obtain my desired piece(PC). With my experience today, I definitely look forward to joining the AP family one day. =P
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 11:54 AM   #11660
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As you say the evidence proves that it happens but I don’t believe it’s happening repeatedly from the same source each time as AP can see when you sell a watch and how quickly you sold it.
Agreed that it's generally unlikely to be from the same sources every single time, but there's enough sources (and enough people looking to make a quick buck) that the greys have a nice flow.

They also put up listings not backed by inventory to get feelers out there, enticing people to flip. Here's a great video explaining some of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvxWhnvv_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanS View Post
Don’t believe the shit you see on social media.

If I’d have a grey business I would buy a lot of fake watches, as many and diversely possible to use as prop for social media pictures.
The idea is to create the sense of high volume incoming, high demand and fast sell. If a customer sees one of my posts and expresses interest, I’ll redirect him to my genuine AP inventory, claiming the others are already sold/reserved.
I don't. I know for a fact these guys have the inventory they have. Well, not all the greys, since I don't cross-check everyone.
Old 20 June 2021, 11:55 AM   #11661
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Also, it doesn't matter if it's real or not. AP salespeople and boutique managers see Ceramic RO QP's listed at $450k on Chrono24. Whether they are real or not is irrelevant, they know that if they sell that piece to the wrong customer, it might end up going to that grey dealer listing at $450k (dealer will pay $400k for example, a very enticing number to a person who's not a true collector).

So, end result, whether the grey dealer inventory is real or not, this practice is ruining it for the rest of us who are true collectors.
Old 24 June 2021, 12:17 AM   #11662
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
100% wrist time recently

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 02:05 AM   #11663
yoast
"TRF" Member

Old 26 June 2021, 02:30 AM   #11664
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Nice pic!
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 02:41 AM   #11665
VogelPhoenix