The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 June 2021, 08:03 AM   #1
jctrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Advice needed

I bought a SBGN005 about a month or so ago and it is a great watch. This is my first high end quartz watch and I bought it for a go anywhere do anything kind of watch that I can pick up and wear and not having to worry about setting the time. It’s also a watch that I envision to take on a vacation whenever that is possible again. I used to bring several watches, this should enable me to bring only one watch.
The problem I’m having is the bracelet. Since there is no micro adjustments it’s either too loose or too tight for me. I’m looking to getting a nice strap. Leather is out because like I said I want this to be one watch that I can take on vacation, something I don’t have to think about if I want to take a dip in the swimming pool or the ocean. I found a Mutagoo Paris canvas strap that is custom fitted for this watch case and it seems very nice. But I find $260 seems a bit steep for a canvas strap and want to hear from people who has one of their opinion. Does anyone have other suggestions? I would like something nice that I can wear in a less casual environment. I don’t like NATO straps and will not consider one.
jctrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 09:47 AM   #2
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
It's pricey, but I think a well-made cordura strap really looks and feels nice on the SBGN005. You could get generic 19mm options and it will still look good on the watch, even without the fitted curved ends. Plenty of options out there in that regard, just get a 19mm strap width.

I have mine on a 19mm navy blue cordura from Omega, paired with the Omega deployant clasp. It's very similar to the Mugatoo, but I think just a little more premium especially with the Omega Deployant. Total cost was around 600, quite steep. However, it is vastly superior to the factory bracelet and has transformed the watch into a piece I actually enjoy wearing. Before this strap, I actually contemplated selling my SBGN005. I'm glad I didn't.

As it turns out, I am considering adding another strap for my SBGN005 to go with the Omega deployant, maybe a soft suede or soft-touch leather, something plush and comfy. I'm considering HD Straps to have a custom strap made to fit my wrist size, at 19mm width, and to work with the Omega Deployant. HD Straps offers reasonable cost even for Bespoke straps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sbgn005.jpg (264.7 KB, 65 views)
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 09:59 AM   #3
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
another nice option:
https://www.genteel-handmade.com/col...a-watch-straps
The navy blue with contrast stitching looks good.

I think the nylon on cordura straps is very nice, looks good, and offers some water resistance while being comfortable on the wrist.

I still think it's worth it to go with the 19mm navy Omega cordura on the matching Omega deployant, really looks like it was perfectly made for the SBGN005 to be honest
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 11:06 AM   #4
jctrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Thanks for the input. I really like the look of your Omega strap on the SBGN005. I’ve actually handled it before on the Omega Aquaterra and was really impressed with the quality. Does it have the curved end to fit the case like the Mugatoo? One thing about a cordura strap that I’m a little concerned about is that it’ll soak up sweat in the summer and will smell gross.
jctrolex is offline   Reply With Quote