The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 June 2021, 08:56 AM   #31
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapraxis View Post
Ever seen them listed on the secondary market?
I've seen white dials for 50k.
But the only Havana dial I've seen is on watchbox, it's 38mm and price upon request.
I have seen 3 or 4 listed in the last 3 months. There was a RG with deployant clasp listed at 42.5K in March and the last one with a price which I saw was around 52K about a month ago. Can't remember if it was the RG or Pt.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 09:00 AM   #32
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ OPTIMUM
Quote:
Is the Havana dial more desirable than the white dial?
I had the CS white dial and changed it for the HAVANA. 2 years ago. The Havana CS has a very special and unique dial is harder to get and much rarer than the white dial since it has been in circulation for much less years that the white.
Old 19 June 2021, 09:26 AM   #33
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Don’t think. Just buy it. You won’t regret it as long as you find it beautiful and it fits wellZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately, as you can tell, I'm an overthinker.
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 09:30 AM   #34
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crod View Post
I had the CS white dial and changed it for the HAVANA. 2 years ago. The Havana CS has a very special and unique dial is harder to get and much rarer than the white dial since it has been in circulation for much less years that the white.
Thank you for this. I figured the Havana dial is more rare and harder to get than white because it's gold and ruthenium mixed to get that color. But since we don't know production numbers, I wanted to at least see if the market felt that the Havana dial was more desirable than the white.

Does FP Journe historically have a unique dial and then discontinue it and move on to some new unique dial? I've seen dials on old CS models that aren't offered on current CS models.
Old 19 June 2021, 09:31 AM   #35
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, as you can tell, I'm an overthinker.

I get it! But seriously if you like this piece and - more importantly - if it fits well, you won’t have any regrets buying it at MSRP. I have a CB and a 38mm octa lune , both huge purchases for me financially, but so glad I went through with both purchases .

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 10:14 AM   #36
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you for this. I figured the Havana dial is more rare and harder to get than white because it's gold and ruthenium mixed to get that color. But since we don't know production numbers, I wanted to at least see if the market felt that the Havana dial was more desirable than the white.

Does FP Journe historically have a unique dial and then discontinue it and move on to some new unique dial? I've seen dials on old CS models that aren't offered on current CS models.
They discontinued the Havana Octa Automatique Reserve and the Havana Auto Lune.
I was a couple of weeks ago with people from FP Journe and they told me its very likely the Havana CS will be the next one and get discontinued soon.
Old 19 June 2021, 10:48 AM   #37
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was a couple of weeks ago with people from FP Journe and they told me its very likely the Havana CS will be the next one and get discontinued soon.
Oh wow, now that is interesting to hear!
What happened to the second hand prices after the above watches were discontinued?
Old 19 June 2021, 10:48 AM   #38
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
I get it! But seriously if you like this piece and - more importantly - if it fits well, you won’t have any regrets buying it at MSRP. I have a CB and a 38mm octa lune , both huge purchases for me financially, but so glad I went through with both purchases .

Those are really comforting and reassuring words, thanks for that I needed to hear that
Old 19 June 2021, 11:54 PM   #39
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They discontinued the entire Octa Automatique Reserve collection, but are you sure about the Havana Auto Lune?

It is still on their website which means it is still available but I won't be surprised if it is discontinued soon.
Old 20 June 2021, 01:44 AM   #40
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
They discontinued the entire Octa Automatique Reserve collection, but are you sure about the Havana Auto Lune?

It is still on their website which means it is still available but I won't be surprised if it is discontinued soon.
Yes you are correct it still appears in the current collection but if you go in the discontinued (retrospective) section it appears as discontinued

https://www.fpjourne.com/en/collecti...=retrospective
Old 20 June 2021, 02:23 AM   #41
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes you are correct it still appears in the current collection but if you go in the discontinued (retrospective) section it appears as discontinued

https://www.fpjourne.com/en/collecti...=retrospective
The Octa Automatic Lunes which are listed in the Retrospective Collection are the older models.
You will see that the white dial is listed there as well as the Havana.

The current model was introduced in 2019. It has a few differences on the dial compared to the original version.
Also, the original AL was available in 38mm and 40mm. The AL2 is available in 40mm and 42mm.
Old 20 June 2021, 03:09 AM   #42
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The Octa Automatic Lunes which are listed in the Retrospective Collection are the older models.

The current model was introduced in 2019. It has a few differences on the dial compared to the original version.
Also, the original AL was available in 38mm and 40mm. The AL2 is available in 40mm and 42mm.
Yes you are correct
Old 20 June 2021, 09:51 PM   #43
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Have they ever discontinued a CS? Or has the same model(s) been in production? I don't see any time only/power reserve entry model CS in the retrospective collection section.
Old 21 June 2021, 12:12 PM   #44
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have seen 3 or 4 listed in the last 3 months. There was a RG with deployant clasp listed at 42.5K in March and the last one with a price which I saw was around 52K about a month ago. Can't remember if it was the RG or Pt.
I'm seeing white dial CS for sale in the 30s:
https://www.rolexforums.com/search.p...rchid=29475810

Am I missing something?
Old 21 June 2021, 12:41 PM   #45
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'm seeing white dial CS for sale in the 30s:
https://www.rolexforums.com/search.p...rchid=29475810

Am I missing something?
Yes that one is listed for close to retail so it seems like a good deal.
The white dials seem to come up for sale more often than the Havana dials and tend to be a little cheaper. I’m not positive, but retail price on the Havana dials might be slightly higher than the white as well.
Old 21 June 2021, 03:25 PM   #46
Becweb
Banned

If you are in love with it and can't sleep without thinking about it, buy it regardless of value or secondary price. Better things to invest in than watches if you're after a quick or slow buck.
For my part, I find FPJ watches ugly - not my style at all
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 08:30 PM   #47
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
If you are in love with it and can't sleep without thinking about it, buy it regardless of value or secondary price. Better things to invest in than watches if you're after a quick or slow buck.
For my part, I find FPJ watches ugly - not my style at all
Not looking for a quick buck, but when spending this much money on a watch, it's always nice to know the money is safe in case an emergency happens and I need the cash. No plans to sell it unless an emergency comes a long.
Old 21 June 2021, 08:31 PM   #48
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes that one is listed for close to retail so it seems like a good deal.
The white dials seem to come up for sale more often than the Havana dials and tend to be a little cheaper. I’m not positive, but retail price on the Havana dials might be slightly higher than the white as well.
Okay so the CS then it's still around retail (~37k) in the second hand market? So it's holding value, not necessarily appreciating?
Old 21 June 2021, 10:40 PM   #49
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Okay so the CS then it's still around retail (~37k) in the second hand market? So it's holding value, not necessarily appreciating?
The bottom line is all Journe pieces are becoming more and more difficult to get. In the US, all pieces for purchase through the boutiques are spoken for until 2023. A lot of their pieces cannot be obtained without a relationship. (The CS is not one of them).

If you are able to get a piece you like and want and the price is affordable and reasonable to you, I wouldn't hesitate.
Old 22 June 2021, 01:38 AM   #50
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
If you want a Journe its hard to imagine any scenarios where you get a better or safer first piece in this market. It would be like walking into an unknown rolex AD and them offering a blue dial DJ41 on jubilee.
Old 22 June 2021, 01:51 AM   #51
stonejordan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not looking for a quick buck, but when spending this much money on a watch, it's always nice to know the money is safe in case an emergency happens and I need the cash. No plans to sell it unless an emergency comes a long.
Agreed. My Black Label is coming in 2023 and while I don't expect to resell it within the next decade or two (or any of my other Journes for that matter), it is nice to know that it is relatively liquid in case I do need the funds for an emergency.
stonejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 05:13 AM   #52
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
If you want a Journe its hard to imagine any scenarios where you get a better or safer first piece in this market. It would be like walking into an unknown rolex AD and them offering a blue dial DJ41 on jubilee.
That's great perspective, thank you
Old 22 June 2021, 05:14 AM   #53
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the help. Thanks for being supportive and not biting my head off for all of the anxious questions
Old 22 June 2021, 05:47 AM   #54
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
I went to Journe in NYC this past Saturday. It was refreshing that they actually had a few pieces to see, touch, feel.

The rep was very welcoming and helpful. We talked watches etc. I registered my interest in a CS and was told that all of 2022 was spoken for - he told me it's about a 2 year wait. Personally, I'm fine with that - not in a rush.

Seemed to be very transparent.
Old 22 June 2021, 06:35 AM   #55
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
From an AD. Would be my first piece. I asked for CS white dial in platinum but they've offered me this. What I really want is the Elegante. I'm afraid to turn this down as it might rupture the relationship. Hence, why I'm asking the aftermarket price (not that I'm selling, just to help me rationalize a sudden purchase).

Looks like you fellows are quoting 50k aftermarket, that's in comparison to 37k retail right? So it's trading above retail second hand? Thanks guys
I will take a CS over an Elegante anytime. Just flip the CS over and you will see how special the movement is. If you need any conviction, read the article from thejourneguy about CS. The watch is deceivingly simple for a very complicated time only watch.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 11:11 AM   #56
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I will take a CS over an Elegante anytime. Just flip the CS over and you will see how special the movement is. If you need any conviction, read the article from thejourneguy about CS. The watch is deceivingly simple for a very complicated time only watch.
Link to that article?
Old 22 June 2021, 11:13 AM   #57
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
I went to Journe in NYC this past Saturday. It was refreshing that they actually had a few pieces to see, touch, feel.

The rep was very welcoming and helpful. We talked watches etc. I registered my interest in a CS and was told that all of 2022 was spoken for - he told me it's about a 2 year wait. Personally, I'm fine with that - not in a rush.

Seemed to be very transparent.
CS 40mm in RG is a 2 year waiting list? Wow. That gives me perspective on the chance I have at hand with the CS Platinum Havana dial.

The pieces you got to try and touch, what were they and were they available for sale?
Old 22 June 2021, 11:20 AM   #58
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
CS 40mm in RG is a 2 year waiting list? Wow. That gives me perspective on the chance I have at hand with the CS Platinum Havana dial.

The pieces you got to try and touch, what were they and were they available for sale?

No - marketing pieces or the employees own piece in this instance. I’m a fan of the platinum Havana - love the contrast - I’d pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 June 2021, 12:57 PM   #59
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Link to that article?
Here you go:

http://thejourneguy.com/rediscoverin...tre-souverain/
Old 22 June 2021, 12:59 PM   #60
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My AD told me only the Automatique Lune has a relatively short list but it is still a year out since 2022 is sold out already.