The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 October 2023, 09:33 AM   #1
Whichwwtch
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/RM
Blue Ceramic QP

Anyone have any insight into the kind of purchase history you would need to get an allocation of the Blue Ceramic QP? I've heard everything from it being impossible to it being a 6th watch after a string of solid purchases. Anyone know where it falls?

I'm debating between going gray or allocating the $ that it would take to get it gray to the brand in hopes of getting it retail. If helpful regarding purchase history I've acquired a PM Code 3hand, a Diamond Bezel Offshore 26424bc, and a Green Ceramic Concept from AP. I have two unregistered royal oaks as well.

What are the chances this could be the watch after my next 1/2watches? I'm not asking them for a jumbo or an openwork yet as I've been solely focused on getting this Blue Ceramic QP while "open to the journey". Any chance I'm just wasting my time?
Whichwwtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 03:32 PM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Blue Ceramic QP

Add it to your online AP wish list and discuss with your SA. Have you tried the watch on? It’s a very bright blue, I’m not sure I could carry it off. This photo was taken at an AP House dinner and the lighting was dim but in normal lighting conditions the ceramic is very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 11:06 PM   #3
Cease676
"TRF" Member

Blue Ceramic QP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Add it to your online AP wish list and discuss with your SA. Have you tried the watch on? It’s a very bright blue, I’m not sure I could carry it off. This photo was taken at an AP House dinner and the lighting was dim but in normal lighting conditions the ceramic is very bright.

Here’s another pic for reference when I got a chance to see it and try it on

Cease676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 11:18 PM   #4
APhound
"TRF" Member

Blue Ceramic QP

I don’t think it’s that far fetched, for you. What would your next 1/2 watches be?
Problem I see is how long will they make it for?

Wouldn’t mind seeing that green concept if you don’t mind

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 11:31 PM   #5
Reign
"TRF" Member

I don’t think you’re far off. I’d honestly just ask them.

Im puzzled as to why the secondary price is so high - I know tons of folks that have turned it down given its love hate nature. I don’t think it’s hard to get.

Tell them you have ROs you bought grey and that you don’t want to do that again based on the purchases you’ve racked up in their boutique
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 01:48 AM   #6
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
I don’t think you’re far off. I’d honestly just ask them.

Im puzzled as to why the secondary price is so high - I know tons of folks that have turned it down given its love hate nature. I don’t think it’s hard to get.

Tell them you have ROs you bought grey and that you don’t want to do that again based on the purchases you’ve racked up in their boutique

I was told the difficulty (26579CS - Blue Ceramic QP ~$150k) is at the same level as the 26585CE, followed by the 15416CE.
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 02:55 AM   #7
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
I was told the difficulty (26579CS - Blue Ceramic QP ~$150k) is at the same level as the 26585CE, followed by the 15416CE.
i was told I can't get one (or 26585CE or ultra-thin Ti QP) from my boutique for the next couple of years
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 05:37 AM   #8
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
i was told I can't get one (or 26585CE or ultra-thin Ti QP) from my boutique for the next couple of years

So what’s next for you in your AP collecting journey, if those pieces are couple of years out ?

Old 22 October 2023, 06:51 AM   #9
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So what’s next for you in your AP collecting journey, if those pieces are couple of years out ?
Feedback on 16202BA was a bit more promising. Also need to keep some powder dry for the 150th anniversary in 2025 and some potentially upcoming special edition. If all else fails, I'll give in and ask for a steel Jumbo.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 09:51 AM   #10
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Feedback on 16202BA was a bit more promising. Also need to keep some powder dry for the 150th anniversary in 2025 and some potentially upcoming special edition. If all else fails, I'll give in and ask for a steel Jumbo.

Great plan. Hopefully they bring out a max of 2-3 pieces for the 150th anniversary

Old 22 October 2023, 10:41 AM   #11
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichwwtch View Post
Anyone have any insight into the kind of purchase history you would need to get an allocation of the Blue Ceramic QP? I've heard everything from it being impossible to it being a 6th watch after a string of solid purchases. Anyone know where it falls?

I'm debating between going gray or allocating the $ that it would take to get it gray to the brand in hopes of getting it retail. If helpful regarding purchase history I've acquired a PM Code 3hand, a Diamond Bezel Offshore 26424bc, and a Green Ceramic Concept from AP. I have two unregistered royal oaks as well.

What are the chances this could be the watch after my next 1/2watches? I'm not asking them for a jumbo or an openwork yet as I've been solely focused on getting this Blue Ceramic QP while "open to the journey". Any chance I'm just wasting my time?

Turned it down a year ago when I first saw the pre-release - had 6 AD purchases at that point, including a CODE PC. Now they are even more desirable in the market, but I still do not want one and is not on my wishlist.

The fact that you have a Concept and a Diamond Offshore and a CODE seems to make it possible - as there were more of the Blue QP released in major boutiques vs a 26585CE. Where the 26585CE is a one piece every year to every two years for a boutique, the blue QP is two or three pieces every year or two. But I understand having a CODE complication (PC or higher) is highly valued by HQ, higher than OS and Concept, so keep that in mind.

You might want to ask the boutique manager to see if they can connect you to the regional director of sales or the equivalent. Also keep in mind the opportunity to visit Le Brassus, as this seems to matter.

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 01:49 PM   #12
Whichwwtch
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/RM
Thanks all for all the insights. I'm going to just keep pushing. I would buy a Code PC if it meant this was the next watch. I got the sense this could be the watch after the next watch when I asked about this. My guess is the next thing is probably some sort of PM Royal Oak. I'm pushing for this piece very hard. I've met the regional director through one of the AP dinners but don't have a direct line to him. I also did actually already visit Le Brassus this summer and shared it all with my SA.

When last at the boutique they had a picture of the 26585CE open in the store and I pointed at it and said "that's another gorgeous watch" and my SA said "we aren't far off from there" or something to that effect. Who knows if I should place any weight on that.
Whichwwtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 08:05 PM   #13
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfang56 View Post
Turned it down a year ago when I first saw the pre-release - had 6 AD purchases at that point, including a CODE PC. Now they are even more desirable in the market, but I still do not want one and is not on my wishlist.

The fact that you have a Concept and a Diamond Offshore and a CODE seems to make it possible - as there were more of the Blue QP released in major boutiques vs a 26585CE. Where the 26585CE is a one piece every year to every two years for a boutique, the blue QP is two or three pieces every year or two. But I understand having a CODE complication (PC or higher) is highly valued by HQ, higher than OS and Concept, so keep that in mind.

You might want to ask the boutique manager to see if they can connect you to the regional director of sales or the equivalent. Also keep in mind the opportunity to visit Le Brassus, as this seems to matter.

Great info/insight.
From your other posts seems like you’ve the Code QP, Code time/date, and 26585CE. Are the other 3 pieces RO ?
If you don’t mind me asking, how did your collection look like before getting allocated the 26585CE?

Old 23 October 2023, 12:36 AM   #14
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I was told blue ceramic is normally 1 piece per year per House/boutique.

AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2023, 01:14 AM   #15
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great info/insight.
From your other posts seems like you’ve the Code QP, Code time/date, and 26585CE. Are the other 3 pieces RO ?
If you don’t mind me asking, how did your collection look like before getting allocated the 26585CE?

Before the 26585CE, in addition, two ladies RO's and a RO Tourbillon.

Old 23 October 2023, 01:22 AM   #16
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichwwtch View Post
Thanks all for all the insights. I'm going to just keep pushing. I would buy a Code PC if it meant this was the next watch. I got the sense this could be the watch after the next watch when I asked about this. My guess is the next thing is probably some sort of PM Royal Oak. I'm pushing for this piece very hard. I've met the regional director through one of the AP dinners but don't have a direct line to him. I also did actually already visit Le Brassus this summer and shared it all with my SA.

When last at the boutique they had a picture of the 26585CE open in the store and I pointed at it and said "that's another gorgeous watch" and my SA said "we aren't far off from there" or something to that effect. Who knows if I should place any weight on that.

I would assume that you are pretty close. For your concept and your diamond ROO your profile likely needed to be approved by both the NA Director and HQ, so that track record is positive. I've been told that "diversity" of collection is important, so perhaps also consider a women's or a high-complicated CODE. Alternatively, seems like anybody who gets a Tourbillon CODE is also fast tracked for a ceramic piece. I'm sure PM RO should be much faster. Good luck!

Old 23 October 2023, 01:27 AM   #17
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
I was told blue ceramic is normally 1 piece per year per House/boutique.

Maybe it was the year of the launch, but one boutique had three in one year and a few others had two. Cool piece, but like some other hard-to-get pieces, most likely pre-allocated so in reality zero

Old 23 October 2023, 01:31 AM   #18
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfang56 View Post
Before the 26585CE, in addition, two ladies RO's and a RO Tourbillon.

Thanks again for the insight