The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 September 2016, 04:54 AM   #1
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Icon14 Anyone going to college football games this weekend?

Oregon State-Minnesota tonight at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, then over to Green Bay for Wisconsin-LSU at Lambeau Field on Saturday afternoon. Will fill my NCAA college game quota for the year on the second weekend.

Anyone else looking forward to the start of college football?
Old 2 September 2016, 05:17 AM   #2
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Best season of the year - Winter, Spring, Summer and Football. We should just rename "fall" to "football" heck they both start with an "F". And when I say Football I mean real men's football - not "metric football" better known as soccer where the players fall down grabbing their limbs as if they were put into wood chippers due to the slightest bump on the playing field and then as if a miracle from on high touched the injured player - you see them running full speed down the field within 1 minute... Now I have done it... wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, football, real football...

Anyway, I will be watching the Michigan Wolverines take apart hapless Hawaii on TV - unfortunately - wish I could be in beautiful Ann Arbor. Go Blue! I do have tickets to the Seattle Seahawks home opener next weekend! Go Hawks!

Actually while we are at it, let's rename winter - "hockey".
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2016, 05:36 AM   #3
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Nope, but excited to watch USC and Bama play
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2016, 05:39 AM   #4
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Nope, but excited to watch USC and Bama play
I was going to say I will watch this, but Alabama does this all the time, get a storied team with a long history on a down year so they can absolutely embarrass them on national TV and help their parade into the BCS playoff. I would love to see USC win.

They are calling this the greatest opening weekend ever....

It’s been hailed as the greatest opening weekend in college football history, and even someone with a natural suspicion of hyperbole would have to agree, yeah, it appears to be just that.

No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 20 Southern California. No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 15 Houston. No. 4 Florida State vs. No. 11 Ole Miss. No. 18 Georgia vs. No. 22 North Carolina.

That’s four non-conference games between ranked opponents, which is just a part of it. There’s also No. 2 Clemson at Auburn, No. 5 LSU vs. Wisconsin at Lambeau Field, No. 10 Notre Dame at Texas, No. 16 UCLA at Texas A&M, Kansas State at No. 8 Stanford, and so on.
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote