The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 February 2007, 11:25 AM   #1
amanda
Banned

The wait is killing me - Panerai content

Well I went in to hassle my AD on Thurs. I was told they are getting a new Panerai shipment in 2 weeks time. They dont know whats in it...

Will my watch be there?

I'm really starting to get pissed off.... not sure at whom either. Maybe myself for stuffing about so much in deciding on what I want... I could have had what I wanted about 3 weeks ago DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH but i let the salesguy talk me out of the 005 that was there. By the time a local paneristi and I went into the AD the watch had sold.

I've had the opportunity now to try on about 5 different PAMs so I am really really keen to get mine.

I've got 3 straps already! Can you believe that??? I did have 4 but one was a 22mm so sold that off...
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2007, 11:26 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
Well I went in to hassle my AD on Thurs. I was told they are getting a new Panerai shipment in 2 weeks time. They dont know whats in it...

Will my watch be there?

I'm really starting to get pissed off.... not sure at whom either. Maybe myself for stuffing about so much in deciding on what I want... I could have had what I wanted about 3 weeks ago DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH

I've had the opportunity now to try on about 5 different PAMs so I am really really keen to get mine.

I've got 3 straps already! Can you believe that??? I did have 4 but one was a 22mm so sold that off...
Amanda,

You should be used to this kind of waiting!! Remember the waiting, the yearning and the longing for the GMT?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2007, 11:28 AM   #3
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Amanda,

You should be used to this kind of waiting!! Remember the waiting, the yearning and the longing for the GMT?
Play nice, JJ.
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2007, 11:38 AM   #4
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Amanda,

Pot calling the kettle black ain't it JJ???? TT Sub!!!!
Old 3 February 2007, 11:40 AM   #5
amanda
Banned

These are waiting to go on my PAM - the python

I won these other 2 in a little contest on paneristi.com

Old 3 February 2007, 12:47 PM   #6
Atomic

Hey Amanda, you do realize I had to wait 3.5 years to get my Panerai, right?

Believe me, its SO worth the wait. Btw, what straps are the two you won?
Old 3 February 2007, 12:52 PM   #7
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Hey Amanda, you do realize I had to wait 3.5 years to get my Panerai, right?

Believe me, its SO worth the wait. Btw, what straps are the two you won?
I know.... sorry John! I feel guilty now for being so impatient!!

OK the black one is from timeconnection.biz - it's a black with white stitch (calf I assume?) as you can tell

The Tan is from Big Watch Boutique. Other than that I dont know much else about them!
Old 3 February 2007, 07:03 PM   #8
Southern Jessie

Quote:

Will my watch be there?

I'm really starting to get pissed off.... not sure at whom either. Maybe myself for stuffing about so much in deciding on what I want... I could have had what I wanted about 3 weeks ago DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH but i let the salesguy talk me out of the 005 that was there. By the time a local paneristi and I went into the AD the watch had sold.

Hi Amanda

There's no harm in being on tenterhooks for your Panerai - it shows how much you love the brand and the community. I think you've found your ideal watch - it wasn't Rolex and there's nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed every minute of owning a Panerai and sold my only Rolex because it just wasn't getting worn.

The only thing you have to decide is whether you prefer the old LM dial (eg 01/111 A-F series) or newer sandwich dial.

Shane
Southern Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2007, 08:06 PM   #9
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jessie View Post
Hi Amanda

There's no harm in being on tenterhooks for your Panerai - it shows how much you love the brand and the community. I think you've found your ideal watch - it wasn't Rolex and there's nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed every minute of owning a Panerai and sold my only Rolex because it just wasn't getting worn.

The only thing you have to decide is whether you prefer the old LM dial (eg 01/111 A-F series) or newer sandwich dial.

Shane
Thanks for your comments Shane... Some people (not mentioning any names jj) like to rub your nose in your mess every chance they get!

Must say as I'm going with BNIB I'm quite torn between the sandwich dial of the 112 and the painted dial of the 000 and the 005!!! I reckon I'll love either watch!!
Old 4 February 2007, 12:18 AM   #10
Southern Jessie

Quote:
Thanks for your comments Shane... Some people (not mentioning any names jj) like to rub your nose in your mess every chance they get!

Must say as I'm going with BNIB I'm quite torn between the sandwich dial of the 112 and the painted dial of the 000 and the 005!!! I reckon I'll love either watch!!
Put it this way, you would have been missing your 'true' watch if you hadn't discovered Panerai, and as you've been finding out on Paneristi, most of the guys are true gents who would do anything they could to help you.

If you want to keep more to the history of the brand then you'd want a normal dial and solid caseback, and that means an 000 or 005 (I'd go for the 000 out of these two). If you want something a bit dressier then go for the sandwich dial and see-through caseback of the 112.

Whatever you do, take your time and decide which one you really prefer, instead of just getting whichever arrives first.

And be proud to own a Panerai!
Southern Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2007, 01:59 AM   #11
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
I may not have bought the Panerai I did if it was not for the serious discounted price. I still have my eyes open for others....
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2007, 07:27 AM   #12
tag_addict

Watch: T-Touch Carbon
I'm sure you will be very glad once you get it as when I got my PAM.
I love it, but the buckles just are not for me.
If it doesn't have a deployment, well it just ain't going on my PAM! Haha.
Anyway, good luck. I'm already starting to become addicted to straps. Got a honey brown coming my way.

Aadil
tag_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2007, 07:39 AM   #13
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jessie View Post
If you want to keep more to the history of the brand then you'd want a normal dial and solid caseback, and that means an 000 or 005 (I'd go for the 000 out of these two). If you want something a bit dressier then go for the sandwich dial and see-through caseback of the 112.

Whatever you do, take your time and decide which one you really prefer, instead of just getting whichever arrives first.

And be proud to own a Panerai!
I totally agree. I had a 111 and the Zero Logo side by side at the GTG on WEd night and have to say the ZERO is screaming at me!!! I think thats the one that I want.... but that could take quite a while to come in. The 005 would be my next pick.

The community is unbelievable indeed! I am astounded at how amazing it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_addict
I love it, but the buckles just are not for me
TAG_Addict - Not all the buckles Panerai make are huge PreV style. They do finer buckles as well. Check out the website, you can see them there.