The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2020, 01:04 AM   #61
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Even if it wasn’t limited , they would still move 20 pieces pretty quickly.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 01:24 AM   #62
icok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille
btw, not limited to 20 pieces... it is 88 pieces. the no.1 will be auctioned.
icok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 01:28 AM   #63
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

it's a lot more than just a new variation of another watch. AP is sending a message to young and successful people, you can be like Justin "i believe this is his name?" if you invest in AP.

How many will get inspired? and will want to be treated the same VVVVIP treatment he gets? events, travels, presidential suites, golf tournaments with AP's ambassadors, host his birthday in style, and now even they took it further to have a watch designed as he like it to be.

On the other hand, AP is taking huge risk by positioning someone from the public as the face of the company of one of the most sought after markets. But, with risk comes rewards and I have a feeling their plans will pay off.

Will we see other "general public" ambassadors in other geographical locations? Europe, North America, Middle East etc.,? time will tell.

Hats off to AP for being innovative and not being afraid of pushing boundaries, very bold strategies and execution.
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:06 AM   #64
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
it's a lot more than just a new variation of another watch. AP is sending a message to young and successful people, you can be like Justin "i believe this is his name?" if you invest in AP.

How many will get inspired? and will want to be treated the same VVVVIP treatment he gets? events, travels, presidential suites, golf tournaments with AP's ambassadors, host his birthday in style, and now even they took it further to have a watch designed as he like it to be.

On the other hand, AP is taking huge risk by positioning someone from the public as the face of the company of one of the most sought after markets. But, with risk comes rewards and I have a feeling their plans will pay off.

Will we see other "general public" ambassadors in other geographical locations? Europe, North America, Middle East etc.,? time will tell.

Hats off to AP for being innovative and not being afraid of pushing boundaries, very bold strategies and execution.
I don't think he's an "ambassador" or anything. Usually you have to do something more than be born to rich parents in China. This is very obviously a regional release, limited not in full production and very much China focused considering 88 and it being red.

When are they going to release the "Free Hong Kong" limited edition to help the pro-democracy protestors? :-P

I agree, yawn central. Just pandering to Chinese money young or old.

You too can get presidential suites and birthday parties thrown for you from AP if you buy a $300k concept model!
roxobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:22 AM   #65
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Not my first rodeo.
I feel ya.... Especially with them coming form different sources you are basically at the bottom of the pile "VIP" wise, so I get where you're coming from. I think if you can get past it, you'll find bliss in the secondary market as I have. Zero ADs, no wait times and most pieces at a discount which will make up for any premiums on the harder to get pieces and even unicorns. Good luck and hopefully you don't give up.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:26 AM   #66
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Will there also be a Hong Kong LE? ;-)

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:26 AM   #67
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

Personally I’m waiting for the ‘Pride of Conkers’ limited Edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:37 AM   #68
bund
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post

bund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 02:41 AM   #69
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Over the last few years, the Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar has once again become a mainstay of the Audemars Piguet collection. In fact, some of AP's hottest watches since they revamped the RO QP in late 2015 have been variations on this theme (of course there is also the award-winning Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin – but that's a different thing entirely). Today we're getting a limited edition take on the standard Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar, made exclusively for the Chinese market. Audemars Piguet has gone way beyond the slightly predictable red accents on the week indicator hand and the supplied rubber strap, making the full case and bracelet in lightweight titanium. The whole watch, with the bracelet, weighs in at just 104 grams. This is the first time that a Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar has ever been produced in full titanium, which is definitely nothing to scoff at. (Previous RO QP models have featured a combination titanium/platinum construction, with the bezel and center bracelet links made in the precious metal.)

This watch is limited to just 88 numbered pieces (eight being a lucky number in Chinese culture) and they are only available at Audemars Piguet boutiques in mainland China.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:14 AM   #70
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxobox View Post
I don't think he's an "ambassador" or anything. Usually you have to do something more than be born to rich parents in China. This is very obviously a regional release, limited not in full production and very much China focused considering 88 and it being red.

When are they going to release the "Free Hong Kong" limited edition to help the pro-democracy protestors? :-P

You too can get presidential suites and birthday parties thrown for you from AP if you buy a $300k concept model!
sorry to hear how badly you felt you were treated at the NY boutique. It's quite annoying to hear same complaints about the same boutique over and over, but good that they just got in new team, hopefully this will shake up things in the right direction?
Old 17 January 2020, 03:15 AM   #71
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sign me up, but hopefully this time he will share the news with us in advance
Old 17 January 2020, 03:16 AM   #72
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post

Over the last few years, the Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar has once again become a mainstay of the Audemars Piguet collection. In fact, some of AP's hottest watches since they revamped the RO QP in late 2015 have been variations on this theme (of course there is also the award-winning Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin – but that's a different thing entirely). Today we're getting a limited edition take on the standard Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar, made exclusively for the Chinese market. Audemars Piguet has gone way beyond the slightly predictable red accents on the week indicator hand and the supplied rubber strap, making the full case and bracelet in lightweight titanium. The whole watch, with the bracelet, weighs in at just 104 grams. This is the first time that a Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar has ever been produced in full titanium, which is definitely nothing to scoff at. (Previous RO QP models have featured a combination titanium/platinum construction, with the bezel and center bracelet links made in the precious metal.)

This watch is limited to just 88 numbered pieces (eight being a lucky number in Chinese culture) and they are only available at Audemars Piguet boutiques in mainland China.

is the bracelet, rubber and leather straps a rip off idea from VC overseas? it feels like it to me
Old 17 January 2020, 03:16 AM   #73
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:

His name is Austen and he's a very decent and talented young man. He may have been born to rich parents, I don't know, but I do know that he worked his ass off as a teenager and sold his tech company before hitting 20. Family wealthy he may be, I don't know, but independently wealthy he most certainly is and the best bit is that he's not resting on his laurels and he's out there with new businesses too. Just saying...
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 03:24 AM   #74
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
His name is Austen and he's a very decent and talented young man. He may have been born to rich parents, I don't know, but I do know that he worked his ass off as a teenager and sold his tech company before hitting 20. Family wealthy he may be, I don't know, but independently wealthy he most certainly is and the best bit is that he's not resting on his laurels and he's out there with new businesses too. Just saying...
Cool how much did he pay you to say all that? ;)

Look, jokes aside...

We're all rich and smart here, we all get it, no one is arguing with that. I think the hype machine around the release is just leaving people unimpressed. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old 17 January 2020, 03:25 AM   #75
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Sounds "to me" perfectly positioned to be on the front page for AP. He certainly ticks most if not all the boxes.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:29 AM   #76
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Look, jokes aside...

We're all rich and smart here, we all get it, no one is arguing with that. I think the hype machine around the release is just leaving people unimpressed. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
I am not rich, nor smart (will that depends on if I was drinking or not) :
but he undoubtedly made his way through with AP and that puts me in a position where I have nothing but to admire his achievements.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:31 AM   #77
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:

:)

One can only imagine what he'll come up with...but his first design requirement will that it has to be HEAVY.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:33 AM   #78
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
:)

One can only imagine what he'll come up with...but his first design requirement will that it has to be HEAVY.

I was thinking definitely platinum.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 03:33 AM   #79
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Is red going to be the new blue?
Old 17 January 2020, 03:34 AM   #80
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am not rich, nor smart (will that depends on if I was drinking or not) :
but he undoubtedly made his way through with AP and that puts me in a position where I have nothing but to admire his achievements.
His achievements are having money to buy watches.

Typically an ambassador has done some publicly recognized achievement in the arts, sports or something.

Like literally all he did was spend lots of money on watches and get an IG following. Congrats?

Brain surgeons achieve amazing things, make a wish foundation I don't know pick anything.

IG influencers not so much. You should re-evaluate your barometer for success.

It's just watches at the end of the day.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:35 AM   #81
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Look, jokes aside...

Oh I totally agree, a lot of hype for one watch that doesn't affect any of us outside of China. No arguments.

I'm somewhat 'jaded' as to anything likely to come out from AP, that doesn't mean I'm negative, just that everything has to be a variation on a theme as NEW products are once in a generation. Thus, unless something WOW comes along like the openwork PC, then it's all ho hum really.

p.s.

I think I'd be far richer and WAY smarter if I didn't play on this forum as much as I have recently, even with my kick back from Austen for spinning his PR.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:41 AM   #82
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I totally agree, a lot of hype for one watch that doesn't affect any of us outside of China. No arguments.

I'm somewhat 'jaded' as to anything likely to come out from AP, that doesn't mean I'm negative, just that everything has to be a variation on a theme as NEW products are once in a generation. Thus, unless something WOW comes along like the openwork PC, then it's all ho hum really.

p.s.

I think I'd be far richer and WAY smarter if I didn't play on this forum as much as I have recently, even with my kick back from Austen for spinning his PR.
I agree with you fully!

hook a brother up I wanna some of that forum post kick back money ;)
Old 17 January 2020, 03:49 AM   #83
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
His achievements are having money to buy watches.

Typically an ambassador has done some publicly recognized achievement in the arts, sports or something.

Like literally all he did was spend lots of money on watches and get an IG following. Congrats?

Brain surgeons achieve amazing things, make a wish foundation I don't know pick anything.

IG influencers not so much. You should re-evaluate your barometer for success.

It's just watches at the end of the day.
within the parameters of watch collecting and building a strong relationship with a brand, I consider it achievement.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:51 AM   #84
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
within the parameters of watch collecting and building a strong relationship with a brand, I consider it achievement.
I agree with you on that! :)
Old 17 January 2020, 03:53 AM   #85
GS93108
"TRF" Member

I read somewhere, probably on the internet, so it's essentially worthless information, that social media influencers actually achieve very little in terms of sales for brands. So if there is any real value in these influencers it most likely has to be brand awareness and not much else.
Old 17 January 2020, 03:55 AM   #86
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree with you on that! :)
Old 17 January 2020, 04:15 AM   #87
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I read somewhere, probably on the internet, so it's essentially worthless information, that social media influencers actually achieve very little in terms of sales for brands. So if there is any real value in these influencers it most likely has to be brand awareness and not much else.
It depends on the product category, but that's generally accurate with regard to conversion rates for social media influencers.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 04:19 AM   #88
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not to take anything away but spend eight figures on any one name and your brand relationship will be pretty epic. Austen Chu parlayed that with social media. His fam influence and having a multi million dollar watch budget at 21 didn't hurt either.
Old 17 January 2020, 04:54 AM   #89
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

Now that would be exciting!
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 05:01 AM   #90
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:

I'm in! Love Roger's taste in watches. Can he make it an LE for TRF members so I can actually get one?
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote