The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 January 2020, 05:11 AM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

ROO 44mm Time Keeping

Even though this is my topic, it is a totally inconsequential post, as I simply don't care so much about how well my watch keeps time...a nonsense statement given that the only real functional purpose of a watch is to keep time, but I have an iPhone and we live in the 21st century where mechanical watches are now somewhat anachronistic.

Today marks two months exactly since I last set the time on my watch. In that two months my watch lost just over a minute, and that's two 31 day months, 62 days total. That's shockingly good I think.

One of my wife's ROO's (needs a service) probably loses a minute a week, her other one is only a year old but still needs re-setting every few weeks. My ROO Tourbillon needed a manual wind as it wasn't automatic and thus I'd have to attend to it at least once a week, but even then I noticed a good minute loss each week, but I wore it every day and treated is 'hard'. Other ROO's I've owned have been occasional wear items and so I couldn't ever judge them.

Just FYI, nothing more.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 05:43 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I set my 44 to the correct time on the 1st December when I wound the date forward from the end of November. I hadn’t paid attention to the accuracy but this post prompted me to compare with my iPhone and it’s gained 90 seconds. That’s better accuracy than many Pateks.
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote