The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 January 2019, 02:07 PM   #331
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
So you are saying i didnt have to defend my post? If thats the case...

Then i was totally trying to be a jerk... going to eat this now :)
Not nice!?!?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 10:18 PM   #332
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Hey Bas, with this 16:8 I only have coffee in the morning. If I didn’t I would crumble and then have a back up in my sewer pipes....if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot fluids will give the same effect for most people. It doesn't have to be coffee. If the diet is the priority, try a different hot beverage.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 10:25 PM   #333
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Some intersting experiences this week.

Had a few easy days, and a few tough days. Ive kept to at least 16 hours of fasting every 24 hour period, but I’ve had bread on occasion when I had no other options, during my eating hours.

I’m solidly down 5 lbs and Ive had quite a few comments that I look skinny. Not necessarily my goal, but I don’t hate it either. I’d prefer lean. But who’s complaint. Not me.

My intersting experience was today at the gym. I’ve been somewhat sluggish in workouts up until now. Today I was on fire. I could have doubled what I did but had errands to run.

I realize it’s still super early in this process. But I’m really loving this style of eating. It works for me and is relatively easy to maintain. Once I start prepping meals and reduce the “weak” moments, I’ve a feeling I’m going to see the results I’ve always wanted.

Exciting.
Awesome Seth!

I'm down 29 pounds since Halloween on the really low carb diet. I think I'd be doing better if my StairMaster (4000PT) didn't break a pedal return spring just when my body was kicking into fitness gear. It took ten days to get the part from gym parts to get it back in service, and it felt like I lost a step when I got back on it.
Old 13 January 2019, 11:06 PM   #334
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Awesome Seth!

I'm down 29 pounds since Halloween on the really low carb diet. I think I'd be doing better if my StairMaster (4000PT) didn't break a pedal return spring just when my body was kicking into fitness gear. It took ten days to get the part from gym parts to get it back in service, and it felt like I lost a step when I got back on it.
Wow. That’s amazing. Good for you!!

That’s a lot of weight.

Love the stairmaster. It’s a true ass kicker. In fact it’s going to kick my ass this morning. Having my decaf and heading to the gym.

I’m realizing I have a lot more weight to lose than I thought. I could likely get down to 170 without too much trouble. I’m 184 as of this am. But I’m going to have to increase the resistance training and jack up my protein intake as I don’t want to get too small. All while being super careful with my back.

I’ve been in and out of the fitness industry for nearly 20 years. But realizing I know nothing. So much more to learn. Wish I knew how ignorant I was when I was younger.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 11:55 PM   #335
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Awesome Seth!

Thats a lot!!! Even if you factor 7-10lbs being water weight. This is like ehat body builders drop.

Impressive e and great job!!!
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 12:04 AM   #336
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Hitting the stairmaster too in about an hour!
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 12:08 AM   #337
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
Hitting the stairmaster too in about an hour!
Im already on... walk off my cake and ice cream. 120 heart rate is the fat burning zone. This is hoe i find time to go on TRF :)
Old 14 January 2019, 01:08 AM   #338
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleolemoi View Post
Not nice!?!?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
:(

So the best i can explain my dieting is this guys...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ulpNDfThF3I
Old 14 January 2019, 03:35 AM   #339
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Im already on... walk off my cake and ice cream. 120 heart rate is the fat burning zone. This is hoe i find time to go on TRF :)
If you can maintain 120 on the stair master I’m impressed lol ten minutes in and I’m well into the cardio zone.
Old 14 January 2019, 03:37 AM   #340
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Which of the below makes the biggest impact with a weightloss goal?

- lose the caffeine

- lose the sugar

- lose the processed meats

- lose the diet pop

- lose the artificial sweeteners

AnyOTA will also involve light exercise to start.

Or, do Weight Watchers and call it a day?

Thanks in advance.

Caffeine is a diuretic, drink it black.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 03:57 AM   #341
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Wow. That’s amazing. Good for you!!

That’s a lot of weight.

Love the stairmaster. It’s a true ass kicker. In fact it’s going to kick my ass this morning. Having my decaf and heading to the gym.

I’m realizing I have a lot more weight to lose than I thought. I could likely get down to 170 without too much trouble. I’m 184 as of this am. But I’m going to have to increase the resistance training and jack up my protein intake as I don’t want to get too small. All while being super careful with my back.

I’ve been in and out of the fitness industry for nearly 20 years. But realizing I know nothing. So much more to learn. Wish I knew how ignorant I was when I was younger.
She is the most wicked mistress. I've had mine since 2003 and it has kept me in reasonable shape for most of those years. When my back is out, the SM is not a good place to be though.

Bad back, no SM, gain weight, back gets worse from gained weight, ... not a good cycle. My back was problematic for most of last spring and summer. Combined with other health issues I put on weight faster than a steer at the feed lot.
Old 14 January 2019, 04:48 AM   #342
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Lose the sugar and start walking at least 20 minutes per day to maintain weight and then increase until you are walking 30 to 60 minutes. Weight loss doesn’t begin from walking until you pass the 20 minute mark.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 05:40 AM   #343
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I feel sick though

But it was so good... heres a picture for the weightloss thread.

So many layers !!

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 08:55 AM   #344
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
My poor thread on support and motivation has gone full Frankenthread.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 01:32 PM   #345
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
Because Mama said coffee is the DEVIL!!!!!
hahaha that is a funny movie!
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 01:51 PM   #346
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
My poor thread on support and motivation has gone full Frankenthread.
Haha.

Consider a professional advice from a physician and a nutritionist.

They will likely prescribe a personalised approach to your weight loss target and healthy lifestyle.

I do a bit of intermittent fasting especially when it's my in-laws turn to cook. And I do regular exercise, do the wife, HIIT and walking. Not overweight just a lifestyle I developed for myself.

It gives me pleasure that in my 50s no one in my class ( yup, high school teacher) has beaten me in push ups. Yet.

I'm telling you beer tastes better. Fat Ninja's tower cake will be guilt free.

As I say, eat that cake, buy that watch and exercise. After all, it's all about health, happiness and family.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 09:53 PM   #347
austinp
"TRF" Member

Update:

2 weeks in on the 16/8. Im getting closer to figuring out how much to eat. Felt like crap the first 4 days because i wasn't eating enough. Now i feel great and feel like i have lost weight. Down 13lbs. Still a ways to go but motivation is high. Good luck gents.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 09:59 PM   #348
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Update:

2 weeks in on the 16/8. Im getting closer to figuring out how much to eat. Felt like crap the first 4 days because i wasn't eating enough. Now i feel great and feel like i have lost weight. Down 13lbs. Still a ways to go but motivation is high. Good luck gents.
WOW! Keep it up!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 10:20 PM   #349
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

I need to get back on IF. 16/8 is very reasonable.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 11:16 PM   #350
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I love this thread.

After nearly two weeks of doing something new like this, I’m creeping back into my old habits. Or at least my subconscious is trying to.

I bought pizzas for the guys working in my house. I justified to myself it’ll only be one slice. But I didn’t have one. I ate my Açaí bowl instead.

I had great feelings about it and felt energized the first few days or even through the first week and into the second. But then I got in my head and said, I’m not seeing the results I want. This sucks. I want to eat more. Blah blah blah.

I also want a drink of whiskey pretty badly. Moving is stressful. Yada yada.

But instead of going back to old habits I’m motivated. Seeing long term instead of focusing all on the ID. Realizing this IF eating will take time to see true results. And I didn’t have a drink. Also ate fish for dinner last night.

In fact I’m going in the opposite direction I usually do. Getting more motivated.

This thread is super motivating for me. Waiting for directTV to show up. Drinking my herbal tea.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:50 AM   #351
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update:

Glad to hear, the holidays (and yesterday being my anniversary) definitely interfered into my diet so I've been at a steady 262 since the holidays. Going back on my diet today would love to lose 13 pounds in two weeks

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:06 AM   #352
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Quote:
Update:

Nice job! It’s important to eat enough. Are you dieting as well or just the fasting?
I’m down 16lbs since Jan 1st eating low carb and 16/8 fasting. Mental clarity increased and hunger diminished after day 4. I feel like I’m taking adderall or something lol I won’t keep losing at this rate. In the past, I would average 12lbs a month eating loosely. This is my routine... I wake up then jump on the scale after I “go” Then I drink a cup black coffee and some water afterwards. I go for an hour long walk, or 2 hours if I have time. When you eat low carb, you use your stored body fat for fuel. Fat is a slow burning fuel, so walking will burn more fat than something that gets your heart rate higher. When you get your heart rate higher consistently, you’ll start burning lean body mass (Muscle) and your body will convert protein to glucose (fast burning fuel) you avoid this by walking. My first meal is around 1pm. Meat, veggies. Same for dinner around 7. Very easy diet to do. I went to sparks steak house this weekend and had shrimp, oysters, and lump crab for apps. Then steak, spinach, asparagus and red wine for dinner. I skipped dessert and had a scotch neat instead. If I was gonna do dessert it would have been blue berries and whipped cream. Eating this way, I feel like a million bucks! I’m happy to be back on track.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #353
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexReviews View Post
Glad to hear, the holidays (and yesterday being my anniversary) definitely interfered into my diet so I've been at a steady 262 since the holidays. Going back on my diet today would love to lose 13 pounds in two weeks

It works man. Stay with it. I love to eat but ive started to treat eating food as just fuel to keep me going. Pretty pathetic but its working so far.
Old 16 January 2019, 03:01 AM   #354
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
Nice job! It’s important to eat enough. Are you dieting as well or just the fasting?

I’m down 16lbs since Jan 1st eating low carb and 16/8 fasting. Mental clarity increased and hunger diminished after day 4. I feel like I’m taking adderall or something lol I won’t keep losing at this rate. In the past, I would average 12lbs a month eating loosely. This is my routine... I wake up then jump on the scale after I “go” Then I drink a cup black coffee and some water afterwards. I go for an hour long walk, or 2 hours if I have time. When you eat low carb, you use your stored body fat for fuel. Fat is a slow burning fuel, so walking will burn more fat than something that gets your heart rate higher. When you get your heart rate higher consistently, you’ll start burning lean body mass (Muscle) and your body will convert protein to glucose (fast burning fuel) you avoid this by walking. My first meal is around 1pm. Meat, veggies. Same for dinner around 7. Very easy diet to do. I went to sparks steak house this weekend and had shrimp, oysters, and lump crab for apps. Then steak, spinach, asparagus and red wine for dinner. I skipped dessert and had a scotch neat instead. If I was gonna do dessert it would have been blue berries and whipped cream. Eating this way, I feel like a million bucks! I’m happy to be back on track.
Im dieting somewhat with the food. Nothing fried and no desserts. I haven't really cut carbs or anything like that. Our routins are similar. Its funny you mentioned Adderall. I thought the same thing the other day. My brain was firing when i hit 14 hrs. Felt great. Food is fuel for me now. I actually like the hungry feeling. Makes me feel leaner than I am.
Old 16 January 2019, 03:01 AM   #355
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It works man. Stay with it. I love to eat but ive started to treat eating food as just fuel to keep me going. Pretty pathetic but its working so far.
Trust me if anyone knows it works it's me LOL I started at 288 in November and Lost 25 pounds pretty quickly but my birthday plus holidays and work finally kicked in. Everything has been off track but I didn't gain any weight being off the intermittent fasting diet because I haven't been eating crazy or anything. Will make an update for this thread in a while hopefully down at least 10 pounds

RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 03:03 AM   #356
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love this thread.

After nearly two weeks of doing something new like this, I’m creeping back into my old habits. Or at least my subconscious is trying to.

I bought pizzas for the guys working in my house. I justified to myself it’ll only be one slice. But I didn’t have one. I ate my Açaí bowl instead.

I had great feelings about it and felt energized the first few days or even through the first week and into the second. But then I got in my head and said, I’m not seeing the results I want. This sucks. I want to eat more. Blah blah blah.

But instead of going back to old habits I’m motivated. Seeing long term instead of focusing all on the ID. Realizing this IF eating will take time to see true results. And I didn’t have a drink. Also ate fish for dinner last night.

In fact I’m going in the opposite direction I usually do. Getting more motivated.

This thread is super motivating for me. Waiting for directTV to show up. Drinking my herbal tea.
Stick with it brother!
Old 16 January 2019, 03:04 AM   #357
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
WOW! Keep it up!
Thanks Nick!
Old 16 January 2019, 03:36 AM   #358
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
This is an awesome thread. People helping each other through communication, accountability and support. Outcomes are generally higher with these factors. Keep it up brothers.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 04:16 AM   #359
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
I've got another 20-25 pounds to go by the beginning of May for my wedding.

In short, when I first graduated college and started working, I put on a lot of weight in about the first year on the job (some call it the "banker 25" vs the "freshman 15"). Very long hours, expensed meals, and a bullpen of young men overworked and constantly frustrated do not mix well when trying to maintain a healthy diet.

A lot of that weight stayed with me when I moved / switched jobs. I am trying to shed all that off now and get back down to the ~175 weight I was when I graduated college. I've lost 10 pounds since the start of the new year, primarily from just diet alone.

Since the New Year I've basically cut out all simple carbs and processed foods (wasn't eating a lot of processed foods to begin with though). I've always had my coffee/espresso black, so low-hanging fruit there. For dinners I am eating primarily lean protein (chicken breast or fish) and steamed vegetables. For lunch I do something similar but alternate between that and green juices. I start my day with a green smoothie (protein added). Snack in the afternoon or after dinner with some unsalted almonds or cashews.

I am now layering a more regular exercise routine into my schedule. My main focus right now is fat burning - so I am not as focused on hitting the actual gym (I know this may not be the best course of action). 5 days a week I am alternating between going on a run in the morning and using my rowing machine.

Btw - the Concept 2 rowing machine is a beast piece of equipment to have at home if you have the space. I don't think there is any other machine that can kick my ass so hard in such a short amount of time!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 12:27 PM   #360
rmlovett1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
I love this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
I've got another 20-25 pounds to go by the beginning of May for my wedding.

In short, when I first graduated college and started working, I put on a lot of weight in about the first year on the job (some call it the "banker 25" vs the "freshman 15"). Very long hours, expensed meals, and a bullpen of young men overworked and constantly frustrated do not mix well when trying to maintain a healthy diet.

A lot of that weight stayed with me when I moved / switched jobs. I am trying to shed all that off now and get back down to the ~175 weight I was when I graduated college. I've lost 10 pounds since the start of the new year, primarily from just diet alone.

Since the New Year I've basically cut out all simple carbs and processed foods (wasn't eating a lot of processed foods to begin with though). I've always had my coffee/espresso black, so low-hanging fruit there. For dinners I am eating primarily lean protein (chicken breast or fish) and steamed vegetables. For lunch I do something similar but alternate between that and green juices. I start my day with a green smoothie (protein added). Snack in the afternoon or after dinner with some unsalted almonds or cashews.

I am now layering a more regular exercise routine into my schedule. My main focus right now is fat burning - so I am not as focused on hitting the actual gym (I know this may not be the best course of action). 5 days a week I am alternating between going on a run in the morning and using my rowing machine.

Btw - the Concept 2 rowing machine is a beast piece of equipment to have at home if you have the space. I don't think there is any other machine that can kick my ass so hard in such a short amount of time!
Nice job! keep it up men!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote