The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 January 2019, 11:11 AM   #91
austinp
"TRF" Member

Ok. 16/8. I'm going for it. Gotta lose about 30lbs.
austinp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 11:18 AM   #92
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
I absolutely hate the word diet. Light exercise and proper nutrition is key. These fads like keto, paleo, south beach, etc aren’t sustainable. The two books in the picture played a huge part in taking my performance to a new level. I highly recommend them to anyone who is remotely serious about their nutrition. Yes, it’s a lot of work and isn’t easy, but what is your health worth to you?
Yes! Listen to the guy who competed in the Ironman World Championships!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 12:03 PM   #93
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I’m going to try this as well.

Mostly to help with digestion tho. If it results in shedding some unwanted fat, all the better.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 12:03 PM   #94
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx77 View Post
Yes! Listen to the guy who competed in the Ironman World Championships!
Exactly!!

Old 2 January 2019, 12:05 PM   #95
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

I've started down the Keto path. And not just for weight loss

Also, watch this... https://www.netflix.com/title/80238655
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 12:09 PM   #96
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Hate to say it man but craft beer has absolutely killed me

After going or at least attempting a dry January I’m going to revert back to pilsners or bourbon. DIPA and Imperial stouts got me stout as f€£¥
Old 2 January 2019, 12:11 PM   #97
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

After going or at least attempting a dry January I’m going to revert back to pilsners or bourbon. DIPA and Imperial stouts got me stout as f€£¥
I love getting a head start.

I stopped boozing on December 26th. Feeling good so far.

Definitely going through January. Maybe longer. Last year I did 50 days and loved it. Maybe this year I do 100.

Old 2 January 2019, 12:21 PM   #98
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

Speaking to the choir brother. Its gonna be a challenge for sure. Especially with all this!
Old 2 January 2019, 12:55 PM   #99
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
OK.

So it’s on.

Walked about 5 miles today and only had 2 beers after.

Had 4 poached eggs with tomatoes and a chunk of blue cheese and a few olives for lunch.

Apples for snacks.

1/2 gallon water.

No crunchables or beige.

I’m not even hungry and it’s getting late.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 01:04 PM   #100
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
stick to it and you could easily lose that in less than 2 months if you stay active. I lost 26 pounds very easily and I had a lot of cheat days. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 01:19 PM   #101
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexYouTube View Post
stick to it and you could easily lose that in less than 2 months if you stay active. I lost 26 pounds very easily and I had a lot of cheat days. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you! You guys are inspiring me. Love TRF.
Old 2 January 2019, 01:24 PM   #102
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Love all the info here, I am very educated in this topic as I like to think of myself that I look after me. But. For the last five months I have completely strayed away and have finally reached the point to dial it all in.
This thread came at the right time, I will be checking in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 01:32 PM   #103
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Here's my story:

2 years ago I was in the absolute worst shape of my life. I weighed about 240 lbs (I am 5'11") and although I never measured my % body fat, I was probably at 40%... or more.

In May 2017, I decided that I needed to change my ways. Sugar has never been a big problem for me, but I ate very unhealthy. I stopped going out to lunch with my coworkers and I started eating salads every day for lunch. Slowly, I changed my eating habits, substituting unhealthy for healthy foods. After about 7 months of eating healthy, I was down to 195 lbs. On January 1, 2017, I joined a CrossFit gym. Cliche, I know, but I didn't actually plan it that way. I wanted to join for about 2 months, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was totally inactive for so long that I thought I wouldn't make it. I joined, got my ass handed to me every day, but 1 year later, I am still at it and feel better than ever. I am currently hovering around 175-180 lbs and 15-16% body fat.

2018 was a great year for me and 2019 is going to be even better.

My advice to long lasting health and well being is not to make dramatic changes. I know we all want to see immediate results, but if you go crazy with your diet and exercise, yes, you will see results quickly, but you are going to burn out and go back to your old ways. Implement small changes into your lifestyle and you are more likely to stick to those changes.

If you consume a lot of processed sugar, start there. Cut back on soda, candy, or whatever your issue may be. If you're active, don't be afraid of carbs, but if you're not super active or slowly building up your activity level (e.g., starting off with walking), cutting back on your carbs is a good idea. Eat lots of protein, keep the fat and sugar low, and you'll be golden.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 01:49 PM   #104
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
No sugar. No carbs. Eat protein, protein, protein.

Don’t expect miracles. Stay away from the scale.

Take it day by day or hour by hour if you need to. But what for results over the long term. 3 months...6 months.

Good luck.

I am joining that journey with you!!

Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 01:52 PM   #105
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
If I was to say one thing: Sugar!!

No more sugar!

Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:00 PM   #106
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Awesome thread. I'm 5'5”. My last 3 years (hit 40 2 years ago) have been hard with weight gain: 170 to 195. Heck, I was 155-165 for the longest time before 6 years ago.

My “iron” willpower went out the window. Need to get that back. I did already eliminate the bad habit of after 8pm eating.

The wife and I also talked about Keto. I did “ok” with intermittent fasting. I'm more aware of my food consumption now (like before).

I have some weights in the house and the wife has a Peloton. Thus, there is no reason for me to be at my current weight except laziness.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:17 PM   #107
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post

I have some weights in the house and the wife has a Peloton. Thus, there is no reason for me to be at my current weight except laziness.
I've had my Peloton for a year now and love it. I try to take classes about 25 days in a month and always mix in the low impact rides to help recover. I'm down 15 pounds from where I was last year and all my clothes fit a lot different now. I had a hard time purchasing the bike given the price tag and monthly fee, but now I only regret waiting so long to buy one.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:26 PM   #108
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
If I was to say one thing: Sugar!!

No more sugar!

After reading and watching a lot of stuff about it, refined sugars for sure are poison. It's nuts how much we haven't been told. Not only that, but the myth that animal fat is bad/dangerous.
Old 2 January 2019, 02:44 PM   #109
utc66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600, PAM112,EZM1
I stopped drinking 7 weeks ago. It was time. Not for weight loss, but my wife noticed I’ve lost weight.
utc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:50 PM   #110
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
After reading and watching a lot of stuff about it, refined sugars for sure are poison. It's nuts how much we haven't been told. Not only that, but the myth that animal fat is bad/dangerous.
Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss........this book will tell you all you need to know about it.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:52 PM   #111
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss........this book will tell you all you need to know about it.
Sounds like a good read. Will do! Also, going to get Lies My Doctor Told Me by Dr. Ken Berry.
Old 2 January 2019, 02:55 PM   #112
Fresh_1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Speaking first hand, I made all those changes and lost over 100 pounds last year. Cutting it all out will make you feel 1,000,000% better. No joke. The photo is a before/after for me....It takes incredible willpower but it can be done!! My best advice however is something called intermittent fasting. Basically, you only eat during an 8 hour window during the day. It takes some experimentation at different times during the day to see what works for you, but do the research and just do it. It will work! Just give it time. Not a week, not a month....but after about 10-12 weeks you'll really see the difference. DOn't give up and good luck!
This!
As someone who struggles with weight and now 45. I have lost 30lbs last year and have another 15lbs ish to go. I'm 5'5 have gained & lost over 40lbs 3 times in my life. The older you get the harder it becomes but just need stronger willpower and it will come off. My last attempt started last February. Intermittent fasting 16-8 broken up in 2-3 meals. Sometimes I do 1 meal a day with a 24 hour fast helps control hunger cravings. IF also helps release growth hormone to help the shedding of fat. My caloric intake ideally is 1600 calories a day of clean nutrition I try to get 80-100 grams of protein a day. All liquid calories out the window including alcohol & say goodbye to sugar as it will mess with appetite cravings. Water and black coffee with no sugar is all I drink. Carbs must be from fruits veggies beans legumes etc & must have fiber. So the 1600 calories I get I strive to be from a well balanced diet with clean nutrition with nutritional value. I go to gym with some light weight training 4-5 times a week. If you want to ramp up this whole process add cardio in a fasted state(even ifts at 15-20 walk) and if you can do twice a day cardio quite sure the pounds will melt off. Good luck to all and remember if you mess up just pick up where you left off and dont beat yourself up.. Once I achieve my goal of under 10% bodyfat will add more fun cheat days in :) That being said I have my cheat days by way of birthday parties, holidays, holiday weekends, weddings etc (never one short). Hope this help!
Fresh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:30 PM   #113
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utc66 View Post
I stopped drinking 7 weeks ago. It was time. Not for weight loss, but my wife noticed I’ve lost weight.
I haven't given up on drinking, but I've probably cut down by 90%. I feel so much better without alcohol. Now when I drink, even after one or two, I can really feel it in my system and it takes a day or two before I am back to normal. And I don't even drink hard liquor anymore. Just beer and wine.
Old 2 January 2019, 05:03 PM   #114
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I haven't given up on drinking, but I've probably cut down by 90%. I feel so much better without alcohol. Now when I drink, even after one or two, I can really feel it in my system and it takes a day or two before I am back to normal. And I don't even drink hard liquor anymore. Just beer and wine.
I could never handle more than 3-4 drinks on a night, not that I get drunk but I just feel awful and can't sleep with a decent amount of alcohol in my system.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 05:05 PM   #115
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I love getting a head start.

I stopped boozing on December 26th. Feeling good so far.

Definitely going through January. Maybe longer. Last year I did 50 days and loved it. Maybe this year I do 100.
Nice work man. I’ll admit last year I only made it like 10 days haha my wife called me out today about it. I don’t struggle with diet too much as sugar isn’t my thing and we cook our meals home during the week but I counted the calories I waste on craft beer and it’s staggering. Some cans are 4-500 calories lol I can drink 4-5 no problem

Quote:
Speaking to the choir brother. Its gonna be a challenge for sure. Especially with all this!
If you’re like me I’d give them away to local beer geeks lol you’ll be so tempted by that honey pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
OK.

So it’s on.

Walked about 5 miles today and only had 2 beers after.

Had 4 poached eggs with tomatoes and a chunk of blue cheese and a few olives for lunch.

Apples for snacks.

1/2 gallon water.

No crunchables or beige.

I’m not even hungry and it’s getting late.

Sounds like something I would say to my wife

Keep up the good work man. I’ll be right here with ya
Old 2 January 2019, 05:18 PM   #116
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I could never handle more than 3-4 drinks on a night, not that I get drunk but I just feel awful and can't sleep with a decent amount of alcohol in my system.
For me, it’s not really the amount, but the frequency. I’d have a couple drinks a couple times per week and at the time, I felt fine, but now it really hits me.
Old 2 January 2019, 07:33 PM   #117
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
For motivation, one more photo. Words can't describe the feeling of buying new clothes that fit well and how good you feel. inside and out. I've lived it and know how hard it is. But if you really want it, go get it. If I can help in any way, please feel free to ask!
Now that's some good work right there Kurt
Old 2 January 2019, 08:45 PM   #118
Joeguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
I lost 70lbs recently using the “My Fitness Pal” app. You can pm me for more details if you like. I’m not selling anything, just happy to help if you want more info.

It was the simplest way I’ve ever tried.

Joeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:23 PM   #119
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Now that's some good work right there Kurt
Seriously.

So impressive.

Old 2 January 2019, 09:33 PM   #120
robert.h.wade
"TRF" Member

Crack......you never see a fat crackhead!
robert.h.wade is offline   Reply With Quote