The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 December 2018, 09:51 AM   #1
drtorres
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub
non swiss made pieces

Hi everyone, was checking out a watch a few days ago for possible purchase and the caseback had an inscription "case made in italy". The case was made of gold and I was told that in some cases gold parts are made out of Switzerland for legal/customs related issues when exporting to countries like the US. Does anyone know if this is true/correct and if so, if it is a common practice by omega? Hope you can give me some information regarding this, thanks a lot!
drtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 01:57 PM   #2
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

I don't know about customs issues, but I recall some case parts were manufactured in by a producer in Italy years ago. I dont know if that's still true today.
Old 18 December 2018, 06:15 PM   #3
drtorres
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP(Canada) View Post
I don't know about customs issues, but I recall some case parts were manufactured in by a producer in Italy years ago. I dont know if that's still true today.
Hi JP,

Thanks for your answer. I found in an Omega forum that there is an Italian company bought by Omega in the 70s called Lascor that makes cases and braceletes (gold ones especially). I checked on the swatch group website and this company is still among the ones they own. I have been told that swatch group companies supply themselves with things among each other so that may be a possible explanation. The watch I was checking out is from around 2006 so wanted to solve this doubt out before I make the purchase; am a newbie in the hobby!

D.
drtorres is offline   Reply With Quote