The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2016, 01:33 AM   #1
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
New Omega Micro Adjustment Clasp

Anyone have any experience with the new clasp they are putting on the sport watches with the micro adjustment feature.

I was in the Omega Boutique yesterday and they said it can be bought individually and put on my PO 2500, they said it's like $150, I was shocked Nice to be out of the Rolex world
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 03:01 AM   #2
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Anyone have any experience with the new clasp they are putting on the sport watches with the micro adjustment feature.

I was in the Omega Boutique yesterday and they said it can be bought individually and put on my PO 2500, they said it's like $150, I was shocked Nice to be out of the Rolex world
Love the one on my Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial. Several over on WUSOF have bought and installed them.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:15 AM   #3
stockae92
"TRF" Member

$150!! Are you sure they are not fake? :p

Rolex will laugh in your face if you want to PAY for your new parts AND KEEP the old one ... haha
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 06:33 AM   #4
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post

Rolex will laugh in your face if you want to PAY for your new parts AND KEEP the old one ... haha
One of many reasons I don't do Rolex any more.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 08:14 AM   #5
azguy
Banned

funny, actually I was in a hurry and he said $135-150. I'll walk over there tomorrow and finalize it and let you guys know and order one.

....and my the way, I love my PO so much I don't miss my sub at all, better wrist presence and feels way more solid and well built
Old 18 May 2016, 12:54 PM   #6
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Will these work on a AT 8500?
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 02:08 PM   #7
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I'd also be interested in how far back they are compatible with older bracelets.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 03:47 PM   #8
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
Love the one on my Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial. Several over on WUSOF have bought and installed them.
From what I remember, the seamaster 300 has a bracelet similar to what I have on my Speedmaster 57.

I wonder if this clasp with the micro adjustment would work on my bracelet.

Although that price doesn't sound right. I paid $280 at the boutique for a 18mm deployant. Don't think a clasp with the micro adjustment couldn't be half the price.
Old 18 May 2016, 09:43 PM   #9
sportsmaven20
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I am interested to hear what you find out John...would this clasp even fit the 2500 bracelet since it appears it has pins that attach the clasp to the bracelet and the micro adjustment clasp from the Seamaster 300 has screws that attach to the bracelet?
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 09:49 PM   #10
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Will it fit on my Subdate?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2016, 05:51 AM   #11
hbombkid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610
New Omega Micro Adjustment Clasp

Go over to WUS under omega. This is a big item. People have got it to work on the 42mm 2500 by buying the clasp and 8500 end links remember the clasp uses screws not pins. No confirmation on 2500 XL. Btw yes work on the 8500.

The price is right too someone posted the receipt from the boutique. No every boutique will do it though.
hbombkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2016, 09:03 AM   #12
teamlam
"TRF" Member

any know if this adjustable clasp would fit on a OEM seamaster 1610/930 bracelet?
teamlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 05:59 AM   #13
azguy
Banned

OK, if you have the ceramic 42mm PO you can get the micro adjustment clasp, no problem. They showed me the clasp, it's fantastic, but you need screw holes and not friction pins. So if you have that or one of the SMP 300's with the screw hole bracelet get yourself one !
Old 20 May 2016, 06:08 AM   #14
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK, if you have the ceramic 42mm PO you can get the micro adjustment clasp, no problem. They showed me the clasp, it's fantastic, but you need screw holes and not friction pins. So if you have that or one of the SMP 300's with the screw hole bracelet get yourself one !
But not the bond style bracelet, right?
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 06:18 AM   #15
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
i had the seamaster pro clasp fitted to my seamaster 120 at last service , it was under a hundred pounds sterling ,,, and yes , i kept all the old parts too.
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 07:34 AM   #16
sportsmaven20
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
This clasp WILL fit the PO 2500 bracelet (see borrowed picture below)...you also need to purchase 2 end links...these links attach to a PO 2500 bracelet link on one end with screws and attach to the clasp on the other end with screws.

As Fr John already mentioned in this thread, several on the WUS forum have done this with success.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1462645433.648081.jpg (83.8 KB, 855 views)
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 07:54 AM   #17
puppet
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for the info on this. I had done some searching about a year ago, but it must have been before it was really being talked about. Pretty excited about this now!!
puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 08:11 AM   #18
FTX I
"TRF" Member

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/pla...l#post28574042
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 08:36 PM   #19
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
funny, actually I was in a hurry and he said $135-150. I'll walk over there tomorrow and finalize it and let you guys know and order one.

....and my the way, I love my PO so much I don't miss my sub at all, better wrist presence and feels way more solid and well built
Clearly, I'm a big omega fan.

This whole thread is increasing that.

Makes me want to pick up a PO too.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 11:29 PM   #20
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I did a check at our nearby Omega AD and sadly my Speedmaster from 2000 has the 18mm lugs/bracelet so a "no go" for me per the watchmaker.
But it is a better clasp to address what has been a sore point for many owners - easy and quick adjustability of the bracelet length to accommodate comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 07:50 AM   #21
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Old post but looking to do the same on my Planet Ocean Titanium 42mm. Omega Boutique has to order the correct titanium micro adjustment clasp and they informed me they cannot install it on my watch because it is considered a "customization". So much for that.
liboozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 07:53 AM   #22
Syed117
"TRF" Member

I did it for my speedmaster and was told the same thing.

They could sell me all the parts I needed but they couldn't install it for me.

No problem at all. It's great that they will even sell you the parts and they are very reasonably priced.

Took me maybe 30 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liboozers View Post
Old post but looking to do the same on my Planet Ocean Titanium 42mm. Omega Boutique has to order the correct titanium micro adjustment clasp and they informed me they cannot install it on my watch because it is considered a "customization". So much for that.
Old 14 November 2018, 08:52 AM   #23
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
The installation is very straight-forward. I installed one on my Speedmaster Pro in about 30 minutes, and I'm slow and careful with stuff like this. If you don't want to do it yourself, then an independent watch service agency would be able to take care of it for you.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 09:01 AM   #24
puppet
"TRF" Member

Ha! Looks like I replied a few years ago. LOL.

I've since done this on my PO. Maybe 2 years ago. The Omega Boutique in NYC was awesome. They happily sold me the parts. It was about $200 give/take, if I remember correctly. They knew exactly what I was talking about, but they told me the same thing they told you. They were happy to sell the pieces, but couldn't install the "modification". I took care of installing it on my kitchen table. No big deal. If you're not comfortable installing it, any competent watchmaker should be able to help you in about 15 mins. I love the adjustable clasp. Totally worth it.

edit: had my reply open on the computer for a while and overlapped with AEC's post. great minds
Old 14 November 2018, 09:04 AM   #25
puppet
"TRF" Member

And I love that Omega will sell the parts direct.

Seriously, Rolex....Take my money!!!!!! Sell me a glidelock and a super jubilee for my BLNR
Old 14 November 2018, 10:30 AM   #26
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppet View Post
Ha! Looks like I replied a few years ago. LOL.

I've since done this on my PO. Maybe 2 years ago. The Omega Boutique in NYC was awesome. They happily sold me the parts. It was about $200 give/take, if I remember correctly. They knew exactly what I was talking about, but they told me the same thing they told you. They were happy to sell the pieces, but couldn't install the "modification". I took care of installing it on my kitchen table. No big deal. If you're not comfortable installing it, any competent watchmaker should be able to help you in about 15 mins. I love the adjustable clasp. Totally worth it.

edit: had my reply open on the computer for a while and overlapped with AEC's post. great minds
Yeah when they called the rep I spoke to was very helpful and informed me the clasp I need would take about 3-4 weeks for them to receive it. He said it is a common "upgrade" for people but because I want the titanium clasp is why it would take time to get it. He said the titanium clasp is $275. I just need to decide if I want the 6 position clasp or the 6 position with the diver extension.

What brand/size screwdriver does everyone use/recommend. I know it's not worth buying a cheap one, but in this case it would be used once and done lol.
Old 14 November 2018, 11:43 AM   #27
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Yeah when they called the rep I spoke to was very helpful and informed me the clasp I need would take about 3-4 weeks for them to receive it. He said it is a common "upgrade" for people but because I want the titanium clasp is why it would take time to get it. He said the titanium clasp is $275. I just need to decide if I want the 6 position clasp or the 6 position with the diver extension.

What brand/size screwdriver does everyone use/recommend. I know it's not worth buying a cheap one, but in this case it would be used once and done lol.
The parts could come quicker than the estimated time they gave. I also was told the parts were back-ordered, then the Boutique phoned me two days later to say they were putting them in the mail right away.

On that diver extension, see if you can do some research on it beforehand. There was a post here not long ago from an owner who was having trouble with his diver extension not staying closed, and after a couple of trips back and forth to the service center it eventually came back with a component that appeared to be revised to correct a possible design flaw. His watch was Titanium, too. Apparently this fix was effective, but I think it's worth doing a little homework on this if you're leaning toward having the diver extension.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 05:00 AM   #28
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
The parts could come quicker than the estimated time they gave. I also was told the parts were back-ordered, then the Boutique phoned me two days later to say they were putting them in the mail right away.

On that diver extension, see if you can do some research on it beforehand. There was a post here not long ago from an owner who was having trouble with his diver extension not staying closed, and after a couple of trips back and forth to the service center it eventually came back with a component that appeared to be revised to correct a possible design flaw. His watch was Titanium, too. Apparently this fix was effective, but I think it's worth doing a little homework on this if you're leaning toward having the diver extension.
Saw the post about the diver clasp and the person stated they had changed the angle of the clasp part for the extension and the side locking mechanism to new ceramic ones.
Old 7 December 2018, 06:48 AM   #29
rhenriksen
"TRF" Member

The OB in Houston happily ordered the class micro adjustment & diver's extension, and installed it, for $120. Took 2-3 weeks to come in. My PO GMT 8605 didn't require any saddle links to match up w the bracelet.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 06:57 AM   #30
Jhowton23
"TRF" Member

probably a little latye here- but i have one of the adjusting clasps on my 2220.80 and with the end links to make it fit it ran me a hair under 200- worth every penny
Jhowton23 is offline   Reply With Quote