The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 January 2021, 07:09 AM   #1
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Need insight on a super ocean 42

Hey, I was thinking on getting another Super Ocean 42 black dial on a bracelet. I had one in black and one in white briefly last year but never wore them enough to get to know them.

What I would like to know from some long term wearers is how does the AR on the crystal holdup ? Are they still accurate 2 - 3 years down the road? any bracelet problems? Things like that. I have always liked the looks of them so I am thinking about getting one again. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2021, 10:26 AM   #2
Chardeemacdennis
"TRF" Member

I have the 42 in blue on bracelet. I love the watch, my only gripe is it is not as accurate as it should be. Mine sems to run about 8 seconds fast... not good. I've heard this is not common, so you will probably get better results.

I do love the look and how it feels like a tank- it is saving me from wearing my submariner doing projects around the house, so I do enjoy it as a good "beater" watch.
Chardeemacdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2021, 10:55 AM   #3
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
I have white/blue bezel/blue rubber. Can't give long term review as I've only had it a few months, but currently running +1. Wear it once or twice a week and keep in a winder.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2021, 10:58 AM   #4
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Also, very comfortable and I have the folding clasp on the rubber, which has sliding adjustment which is awesome. Hope that helps. Good luck
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2021, 12:02 PM   #5
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I've had my brown 42mm for a little over two years now and it's been great, although I rotate watches daily and I'm pretty careful with them. The Milanese bracelet is sublime and the size is perfect for my 6.7" wrist. Only the black and blue versions are currently available but they are both gorgeous and considering they can be had for just a hair over $3k if you go grey, they're great values.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2021, 11:54 PM   #6
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Thank you so much for your replies. I am very active and border line abusive to watches when i'm working. Not impacts (scratches) but vibrations, water and a lot of arm movement. Never had a problem with better grade watches in the past.

I am told those Superocean's and the B17 movements are tough. I am going to try one on this Saturday and see how it wears on my 6.5' wrist.

Again, Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.
Old 9 January 2021, 06:14 AM   #7
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

I own exact watch. Love it more and more as time goes on, have had it about a year now. very comfortable, love the bracelet. No timekeeping issues thought admittedly I rotate watches a lot so I don't wear it days in a row. I have a small wrist too, little big maybe, but who cares, it's a sport watch, they typically will have a bigger look. Get it!
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 03:07 AM   #8
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

I purchased this on the 1-9-21. Same model that I had before. I absolutely love it. I'm going back today and getting another Breitling. Don't know which one, but will post when I get back. Thanks again for all the great responses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210111_114204.jpg (161.9 KB, 123 views)
Old 12 January 2021, 10:41 PM   #9
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Congrats. I have the same watch but on rubber. My wife got it for me for Xmas last year, I love it. I have a few watches and smile every time I pull it out and wear it for a weekend. I wanted it for summer beach/pool type activities but find I want to wear it much more often. Mine still runs +1, one of the most accurate watches I have ever owned, and I have owned many dozens of watches that cost 3-4 X’s as much.

I think these Superocean’s offer huge bang for the buck. They are truly the quintessential “tool” watch.
Old 12 January 2021, 11:00 PM   #10
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

I love them as well. A real solid built watch with excellent dials, bands and unbelievably clear crystal. I think there priced right. Not like other brands that actually try to get you to think there better. Could see a shift in brand loyalty sometime soon.