The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2007, 10:33 PM   #1
freshacejay
"TRF" Member

Info on this Audemars Piguet

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here new the time when thsi wacth was produced and what the number on the back below "Rolay Oak" means.. this one says Nr. 73... it is also engraved in the fliplock.

Thanks guys..

Im sending it to be serviced next week, its my dads he has no clue of watches, but im interested so i decided to investigate!

Cheers

Edit: sry about the crappy pics, but my cam sucks...

I posted this in the NON Rolex forum, but thats sort of dead. If im breaking hte rules you can still/move delete it right?
freshacejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2007, 02:31 AM   #2
Thani
Banned

Watch: Milgauss 116400 GV
thats an amazing royal oak my friend... and this certain one might be rare these days.. since most of AP watches are very rare and exclusive..

my brother owns a classic royal oak and from what i know the number engraved on the back of AP's are not serial numbers but they are the number that was produced.. if u know what i mean.. if its a limited edition the it would be for example nr 73/100

but if not limited it just says nr 73

do u own this piece?? if u do u r lucky my friend..
Thani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2007, 02:37 AM   #3
Thani
Banned

but to be honest with u.. i dont really know if this watch is a fake or not and i dont have any info on when it was produced but i do know that AP might have discontinued this royal oak
Old 29 October 2007, 07:39 AM   #4
freshacejay
"TRF" Member

Its real. My dad owns it. Currently its 2 minutes slow per day, and it sounds bad. Im sending it to service once im in Germany. I think he dropped it. Would be a shame if it were broken. Currently it looks pretty beat up and worn out. (My dad has the bas habbit of wearing his watches very loose, so all party wear off too quickly)
73 would be possible, although im sure he cant remember when he bought it. Another shame is that he has no idea about watches so he didnt keep the box, papers and sevice receipts. I would never sell it, but its nice to have it all together you know...
Thanks again for the replies!

Cheers mate!

Julian
Old 29 October 2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Thani
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshacejay View Post
Its real. My dad owns it. Currently its 2 minutes slow per day, and it sounds bad. Im sending it to service once im in Germany. I think he dropped it. Would be a shame if it were broken. Currently it looks pretty beat up and worn out. (My dad has the bas habbit of wearing his watches very loose, so all party wear off too quickly)
73 would be possible, although im sure he cant remember when he bought it. Another shame is that he has no idea about watches so he didnt keep the box, papers and sevice receipts. I would never sell it, but its nice to have it all together you know...
Thanks again for the replies!

Cheers mate!

Julian

well in that case u have an amazing watch there my friiend.. just take it in for servicing... but im sure that this specific watch is discontinued. but i can always be wrong... royal oak is a very very nice watch julian... it was designed by gerald genta in the 1970's i think...

take good care of it.. and get it serviced soon

please post better pics id really love to see some

Last edited by Thani; 29 October 2007 at 08:58 AM..
Old 29 October 2007, 07:49 AM   #6
freshacejay
"TRF" Member

Ill make more pics tomorrow if i get time, also ill post pics when the service is done :D
I also think it is discontinued, i coulndt find it in any current AP lineups. Good for me i guess makes it allot cooler :D

Which watches do you have btw (i know you have a DJ :P)? Any pics?

Cheers, Julian
Old 29 October 2007, 07:52 AM   #7
Thani
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshacejay View Post
Ill make more pics tomorrow if i get time, also ill post pics when the service is done :D
I also think it is discontinued, i coulndt find it in any current AP lineups. Good for me i guess makes it allot cooler :D

Which watches do you have btw (i know you have a DJ :P)? Any pics?

Cheers, Julian

1 datejust ss/wg MOP, diamonds, 1 SS daytona, 1 SS perpetual date

1 Chronofighter limited edition Graham

1 momo design digital

1 bvlgari limited edition

ill post soom
Old 29 October 2007, 07:56 AM   #8
freshacejay
"TRF" Member

Nice! I cant wait for the pics!