The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 September 2020, 11:31 PM   #1
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

AP Rose Gold Color Blend

Curious if other forum members find the color too red or too close to copper-ish color?

Completely preference based, just looking for other points of view. Thanks!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 01:19 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I had a rose gold rubberclad and after a while I did grow to dislike the shade of gold on that watch. More modern rose gold APs seem to have a slightly brighter gold that I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 01:48 AM   #3
GS93108
"TRF" Member

I've had two 44mm ROO's in rose gold, the first one with a black carbon bezel and at first I remember the gold being quite bright, but after time I think it darkened and I think it looked better a little darker, more copperish. On a visit to AP they chastised me and told me it needed a clean though :)

I also had a Summer Edition and that was BRIGHT, so much gold. To be honest I hardly wore it and would never have noticed any colour change. However, Chris (P2725TMB) has one which I saw last week and it was as bright as I remember and I bet it hasn't dulled or changed colour at all.

The new models seem to me to be brighter gold than from a few years ago, but that might just be a perception. Regardless, I think the shade of gold is model dependant.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 04:16 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
AP RG is more yellowish than Rolex or PP I have found, I probably like this hue the most.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 05:06 AM   #5
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I agree, it's definitely a bolder color than Rolex and PP.

I'm just feeling an overwhelming sense of 'orange', but maybe it's just the autumn lighting.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 06:48 AM   #6
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
I've had two 44mm ROO's in rose gold, the first one with a black carbon bezel and at first I remember the gold being quite bright, but after time I think it darkened and I think it looked better a little darker, more copperish. On a visit to AP they chastised me and told me it needed a clean though :)

I also had a Summer Edition and that was BRIGHT, so much gold. To be honest I hardly wore it and would never have noticed any colour change. However, Chris (P2725TMB) has one which I saw last week and it was as bright as I remember and I bet it hasn't dulled or changed colour at all.

The new models seem to me to be brighter gold than from a few years ago, but that might just be a perception. Regardless, I think the shade of gold is model dependant.
I've been chasing the Summer Edition to be honest. Do you still own it and what are your thoughts on it.
RLXSRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 06:50 AM   #7
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

I recently purchased a 26331OR and I believe AP's rose gold is more desirable and striking than that of Rolex or PP.
Old 30 September 2020, 07:00 AM   #8
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLXSRGN View Post
I've been chasing the Summer Edition to be honest. Do you still own it and what are your thoughts on it.

My best mate bought Garys watch and he kept it for 18 months and never wore it. It’s a stunning watch but I think it’s very difficult to wear as it’s so bling. I actually think it’s one gold watch that I could wear and be comfortable with but normally I don’t like to wear gold. That said, my friend was sure that he would wear it but in the end always found it too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 07:29 AM   #9
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLXSRGN View Post
Ash has filled you in, I no longer have it, I wore it just a handful of times as it was so likely to get dinged and any sort of ding would show up.

It was an amazing watch though. I don't really regret selling anything, but that is a watch that I'd buy again, and I bet that I do at some point in the future.

The SE scared me just putting on a sweater :)

Buy one and enjoy it.
Old 30 September 2020, 07:31 AM   #10
GS93108
"TRF" Member

p.s.

As Ash says, on white it is LOUD, but nicely so. Chris (P2725TMB) has one that he prefers on blue and it really tones down the shoutyness. I'm quite loud and like messing with straps, so if I still had it then it would no doubt be on red.
Old 30 September 2020, 05:28 PM   #11
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega

Here's my SE on blue and on orange. For me the white strap is just too bright. In my view the SE is an absolute stand out piece amongst the 44 ROOs, although clearly not a daily wearer!

I really like AP's rose gold, which is a lovely colour and seems to glow in dull light. I much prefer it to Rolex's rose - I had a two-tone YM2 but felt the gold was too coppery.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 03:45 AM   #12
Ar_Mi
"TRF" Member

Watch: a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
AP RG is more yellowish than Rolex or PP I have found, I probably like this hue the most.
Exactly, I personally like it!
Ar_Mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 09:20 AM   #13
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post

Here's my SE on blue and on orange. For me the white strap is just too bright. In my view the SE is an absolute stand out piece amongst the 44 ROOs, although clearly not a daily wearer!

I really like AP's rose gold, which is a lovely colour and seems to glow in dull light. I much prefer it to Rolex's rose - I had a two-tone YM2 but felt the gold was too coppery.

That looks stunning, currently searching to find one unworn/new