The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14 November 2018, 02:18 PM   #61
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
You will probably not be banned by Takuya and DSW.....
Old 14 November 2018, 02:32 PM   #62
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Holding warranty cards, removing stickers, creating bogus “waitlists”, allowing people to buy a SS model only if they buy a gold model, and now banning people? LOL, that may have just been the nail in the coffin for me. These Rolex ADs have inflated heads and they can stick all their watches where the sun don’t shine. I’m basically over the brand at this point.
Old 14 November 2018, 02:49 PM   #63
mjr24
Banned

Sorry, I've bought many high-end watches in the last 14 years and never once bought from a local AD. I've saved tons of money this way, too. As long as it has the papers and boxes, etc.....I could care less. I don't feel buying from an AD offers much benefit, at all. The dealers want to try to make it feel like you need them.....but you don't. Some will say if you buy enough that they may give you bigger discounts down the road....but I guarantee those discounts won't ever be as much as what you can buy online for (not to mention you save on sales tax). I feel AD's are becoming obsolete as are most brick and mortar stores....especially for luxury goods which are only priced a certain way because of the name.

I assume they banned you because you bought the Pepsi at MSRP and then resold it higher. Right.....but it's OK when some can get their AD to give them 20% off a new model whereas others won't budge a cent. It's also OK for them to give you pennies on the dollar for pre-owned watches that they basically do nothing to and then turn around and sell them for a huge profit. GTFO.

As to the one poster who mentioned the Land Rover issue....that is fairly common language for most higher-end imports. That is a bit different, though.....those involve legal issues as well as the pricing differences around the world based on local currency.

If Mercedes can pump out $200k Maybachs to meet demand, then Rolex can pump out more $10k SS models (which is at the lower end of their hierarchy of watches). This simply seems to be a PR grab by Rolex by trying to make these new models appear more rare than they are. I would tell the Rolex dealer to kiss my ass and you will take your profit off the Pepsi and save even more money next time buying from a gray. Your dealer is the only one losing here, not you.

Watches are like cars. The warranty attaches to the watch regardless if the watch is sold 400 times for $50 or $50 million. They can't deny transfer of warranty service because they want to. Pretty sure current Rolex policy is to name/date the card immediately, too....so why are they worried now about what name will be on the warranty. It should have already been entered in.

Oh, by the way...if the economy tanks and people no longer want to pay more than, say, $5k for the Pepsi...will they be refunding you that extra cost? Yeah, didn't think so. AD's like this are bad news.
Old 14 November 2018, 02:59 PM   #64
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
if you bought this watch and never wore it and then flipped it, I could see how a "mis-understanding could ensue, but:

1. this is not a continual practice that you flip for profit

2. you prolly sold at a loss, and if not it's only because of the hot market

3. you have a history of selling watches, that you don't like, like me and 95% of TRF

4. I don't know who the Aurum Group is but they are nor worthy of your
forth-righteousness, an honesty, and you W.I.S-ness!

5. shame on them for not talking to you about it first and getting your side

Tell them to

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...

Last edited by mailman; 14 November 2018 at 06:52 PM..
Old 14 November 2018, 03:08 PM   #65
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
if you bought this watch and never wore it and then flipped it, I could see how a "mis-understanding could ensue, but:

1. this is not a continual practice that you flip for profit

2. you prolly sold at a loss, and if not it's only because of the hot market

3. you have a history of selling watches, that you don't like, like me and 95% of TRF

4. I don't know who the Aurum Group is but they are nor worthy of your
forth-righteousness, an honesty, and you W.I.S-ness!

5. shame on them for not talking to you about it first and getting your side

Tell them to
I think what Aurum is doing is dumb, but they have the right to choose with whom they do business

Last edited by mailman; 14 November 2018 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: Removed content. I agree with you. Thank you.
Old 14 November 2018, 03:43 PM   #66
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

I’m sorry for your loss.
Old 14 November 2018, 04:14 PM   #67
Burlington
"TRF" Member

I do wonder how tracking a customers online activities without their express consent fits against the new GDPR. Worth looking into that.

― Winston S. Churchill
Old 14 November 2018, 04:19 PM   #68
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
I do wonder how tracking a customers online activities without their express consent fits against the new GDPR. Worth looking into that.
Not applicable to Rolex USA and US customer in US. Even if it were, what’s the “personal data” being processed? The AD was informed by a 3rd party of the flip, and, beyond the fact that the transaction was only a couple of months old, AD “legitimately” had customer info for purposes of retaining warranty card.
Old 14 November 2018, 04:24 PM   #69
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Not applicable to Rolex USA and US customer in US. Even if it were, what’s the “personal data” being processed? The AD was informed by a 3rd party of the flip, and, beyond the fact that the transaction was only a couple of months old, AD “legitimately” had customer info for purposes of retaining warranty card.

I thought the OP was based in the EU. Not familiar with US legislation around this area.

― Winston S. Churchill
Old 14 November 2018, 05:53 PM   #70
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
I thought the OP was based in the EU. Not familiar with US legislation around this area.
Ah, whoops, he’s U....K, not US. My bad. Read too quickly.

Anyway, still not sure there’s any personal data issue, for the reasons above.
Old 14 November 2018, 06:06 PM   #71
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
In your op you state

I wore the GMT Pepsi everyday

Then

„It not when I got the watch in July, I wore it daily for 4 months

In your sales ad

Worn just a handful of times

For that alone I have difficulties to feel sorry about what has happened to you
My apologies, I exaggerated my wearing it all the time to emphasise my ‘not a flipper’ point for the AD. In reality I did only wear it a handful of times as I’m a Chronograph man, but the point I was getting across to the AD, was if I was going to flip it, I wouldn’t have worn it at all I’d have flipped it in July unworn.
Old 14 November 2018, 06:46 PM   #72
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPunk View Post
My apologies, I exaggerated my wearing it all the time to emphasise my ‘not a flipper’ point for the AD. In reality I did only wear it a handful of times as I’m a Chronograph man, but the point I was getting across to the AD, was if I was going to flip it, I wouldn’t have worn it at all I’d have flipped it in July unworn.
I was always told when you are in a hole you should stop digging.
Old 14 November 2018, 07:13 PM   #73
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post
I was always told when you are in a hole you should stop digging.
Here we go.... BORING!!!.....completely missing the point and very quick to latch on to one anomaly (which has been explained). The buyer of the watch would confirm it’s hardly been worn at all. Please.....if you want to hide behind a keyboard to score clever little brownie points, do it elsewhere.
Old 14 November 2018, 07:32 PM   #74
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here we go.... BORING!!!.....completely missing the point and very quick to latch on to one anomaly (which has been explained). The buyer of the watch would confirm it’s hardly been worn at all. Please.....if you want to hide behind a keyboard to score clever little brownie points, do it elsewhere.
I didn't latch on to your 'anomaly' one of the other members did.

you are the one who started this thread. If you didn't want people discussing it then why bother?
Old 14 November 2018, 07:33 PM   #75
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I didn't latch on to your 'anomaly' one of the other members did.

you are the one who started this thread. If you didn't want people discussing it then why bother?
Are you STILL here???
Old 14 November 2018, 07:35 PM   #76
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you STILL here???
yes.

you are obviously upset at what has happened with your ban, but you shouldn't be.
Old 14 November 2018, 07:39 PM   #77
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yes.

you are obviously upset at what has happened with your ban, but you shouldn't be.
And why is that ?
Old 14 November 2018, 07:51 PM   #78
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And why is that ?
You knew they didn't want it flipped that's why they retained the warranty card.

So if you knew the risk and the possible consequences then there is no need to be upset when it happens.

besides like others have said when demand dies down they will soon remove the ban.
Closed Thread