The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 13 June 2020, 07:41 AM   #61
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton_Horologist View Post
Ok, comments like this last one are getting a bit out of hand. I understand all companies make mistakes. Let’s be honest, RSC would have screwed up more times than Rolliworks. It jumping on board to bash what they charge for things in a quote is just uncalled for. If you don’t like the price, go somewhere else. Don’t jump on a forum and complain about it as a keyboard warrior. I’ll also add that to polish a crystal properly takes a lot of time.
I dont think he bashed anyone just thought it was really overpriced....then decline the service
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 08:38 AM   #62
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Ok, comments like this last one are getting a bit out of hand. I understand all companies make mistakes. Let’s be honest, RSC would have screwed up more times than Rolliworks. It jumping on board to bash what they charge for things in a quote is just uncalled for. If you don’t like the price, go somewhere else. Don’t jump on a forum and complain about it as a keyboard warrior. I’ll also add that to polish a crystal properly takes a lot of time.
All members have equal rights to "jump on board" to mention their experiences and offer views without getting jumped on and name-called by those with differing views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Piling it on are we? 100 posts in three years?

Mike did an outstanding job for me. I've referred plenty of people to him and will continue to. All very happy customers.
Criticising other members low post counts is also unacceptable. His previous posts look pretty constructive to me at a glance. Some folks need to let up on the criticism of people with different experiences and views to them. There's a bullying tone developing in this thread that won't end well.
Old 13 June 2020, 08:35 PM   #63
Nickn
"TRF" Member

Thank you Adam
It’s comments like these that stop members posting
Sorry if I offended anyone I just felt charging so much ,more then Rolex would charge to fit a new crystal ,when my crystal didn’t even need polishing wasn’t on
And yes I do know how to correctly polish a crystal
I could post photos but I would probably get more flack
Nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 09:50 PM   #64
Ashton_Horologist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
But he’s not sharing his experience. He’s complaining about the cost of something he didn’t even get done. That’s not a review of a company. That’s a flippant comment that adds nothing to a thread.

It’s very simple - if you don’t like the cost of something, move on and go elsewhere. Don’t then go on the internet and add that to a thread that is regarding bad work done by a company. Either share your bad work experience or share your good work experience. Not just complain about price.

It may be a vintage watch - the crystal may be rare and not available at the RSC. So many factors come into play.

Also, all companies have the right to charge whatever they want - that has no bearing on the quality of their work.
Ashton_Horologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 10:17 PM   #65
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
He’s complaining about the cost of something he didn’t even get done.
And he's allowed to do that. It's an open forum. He wasn't offensive or rude, or personally attacking anyone. He's just saying he didn't get something done because it was expensive and didn't need doing, in his opinion.
Old 13 June 2020, 11:39 PM   #66
Jostack
"TRF" Member

I don’t quite get how this is being labeled as a bash thread? There’s no bashing going on. There are far more posts defending rolliworks here. I see many many positive reviews of rolli, and very very rarely see anything negative. In fact, this is the first I’ve seen. I’m sure there are more, but objectively, rolliworks’ reputation is very good.
Jostack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:00 AM   #67
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t think there has been bashing of Rolliworks - but sometimes members don’t appreciate people mixing topics on the same thread.

It started with a member who had a problem with his repair + a missing travel case. Issue answered - then other issues began to pop up like experiences from long ago and high price for polishing an acrylic crystal.

It happens that some people reacted poorly to the mixed topics. I get that, but attacking another member is not cool.

My own opinion is we are in WatchTech section and not really on OP’s topic but I agree with Adam that everyone has a right to post an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 02:30 AM   #68
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostack View Post
I don’t quite get how this is being labeled as a bash thread? There’s no bashing going on. There are far more posts defending rolliworks here. I see many many positive reviews of rolli, and very very rarely see anything negative. In fact, this is the first I’ve seen. I’m sure there are more, but objectively, rolliworks’ reputation is very good.
Bashing people complaining about Rolliworks work, not bashing the company.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 02:37 AM   #69
Jostack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Bashing people complaining about Rolliworks work, not bashing the company.

Ok. In either case, I don’t think rolliworks “needs” defenders. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Posting a negative experience is valid and of value to the community and rolliworks. I personally feel it should be worked out directly with the vendor, but putting it out there on the forums gives rolliworks an opportunity to address whatever unresolved issues there may be. Maybe it was addressed directly, but not to the reviewers satisfaction? Either way, forums are here for that.
Jostack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 02:45 AM   #70
pbubsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Had a recent good experience with Rolliworks. They fixed/cleaned up a bracelet for me. They were well under the quoted time, had excellent communication, packed very securely, and most importantly: did a fantastic job. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.
pbubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 03:16 AM   #71
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

I have had 2 bracelets done by them and both of them came back looking factory fresh. I shipped them over in green Rolex service pouches. When I got them back, they sent the bracelets back strapped to cards with my green pouches in the box.
Old 14 June 2020, 10:43 PM   #72
SpicyMikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller 326933
A review is one person's personal experience. There's nothing to challenge about it. Personally I would not use this site for leaving or assessing reviews on Rolliworks anyway. If we want to help future potential customers, I suggest we try to use a site geared specifically for that purpose. There are many that we are all familiar with and use regularly.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/rolliworks-campbell

Mike
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 02:22 AM   #73
aaronch
"TRF" Member

Rolliworks - Unfortunate bad work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
All members have equal rights to "jump on board" to mention their experiences and offer views without getting jumped on and name-called by those with differing views.

Criticising other members low post counts is also unacceptable. His previous posts look pretty constructive to me at a glance. Some folks need to let up on the criticism of people with different experiences and views to them. There's a bullying tone developing in this thread that won't end well.

Spot on. Unfortunately it's a symptom of the times we live in where people feel the need to shutdown/cancel any differing opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaronch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 02:41 AM   #74
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey View Post
A review is one person's personal experience. There's nothing to challenge about it. Personally I would not use this site for leaving or assessing reviews on Rolliworks anyway. If we want to help future potential customers, I suggest we try to use a site geared specifically for that purpose. There are many that we are all familiar with and use regularly.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/rolliworks-campbell

Mike

Mike
We do have sections to help TRF members - Who’s Who which covers reputation and references - plus - WatchOut! for dubious watches and sellers. It’s better because we can weigh the nature of the member who offers feedback based on their own reputation here.

Yelp and similar sites have biased positive reviews to bury negative feedback. That’s because businesses can (and do) offer cash back for positive reviews. Some are real people but anonymous and others are simply paid reviewers.

I’m not saying Mike at RolliWorks does any of that - just explaining why the forum’s own members provide more valuable input.

Old 15 June 2020, 03:41 AM   #75
SpicyMikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller 326933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Mike
We do have sections to help TRF members - Who’s Who which covers reputation and references - plus - WatchOut! for dubious watches and sellers. It’s better because we can weigh the nature of the member who offers feedback based on their own reputation here.

Yelp and similar sites have biased positive reviews to bury negative feedback. That’s because businesses can (and do) offer cash back for positive reviews. Some are real people but anonymous and others are simply paid reviewers.

I’m not saying Mike at RolliWorks does any of that - just explaining why the forum’s own members provide more valuable input.

Good points. Maybe we should use both then. Most people looking for repair services on their Rolex probably never even heard of TRF. Most owners are not enthusiasts. We can help by posting reviews there as well

Mike
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 11:41 AM   #76
SDREW22
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG
Rolliworks did a fantastic job on my Jubilee back in November. Fast turn around as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
SDREW22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2020, 01:27 AM   #77
DG123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
Does Rolliworks have a parts account with Rolex , or is it only AD's that have parts accounts with Rolex Company ?
DG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2020, 01:31 AM   #78
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Rolliworks - Unfortunate bad work

There are independent watchmakers who have parts accounts separately from ADs

You have to send a query to Rolliworks to get a direct answer to your question about their firm. But even people who don’t have pets accounts can buy NOS parts from their trusted sources.

Old 21 June 2020, 12:12 AM   #79
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I have only heard good things about Rolliworks from reputable people. That does not mean that they are perfect and there could be an issue as posted by the OP. I am not jumping to any conclusion but just because you say it does not make it true or false. More information from the OP and a response from Rolliworks will help.

Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 11:17 PM   #80
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I would not expect any beat up bracelet to come back like new
Old 27 June 2020, 12:19 PM   #81
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Just wanted to touch in this again. I was going to make its own thread, but since my comments were in this thread I figured it would be best to continue for continuity purposes if it’s ever dug back up.

Got my band back from Rolliworks again today, and it looks like I had expected it to all along.

Any and all dents that I had noted earlier in this thread are out now, and the clasp latches properly and is tight.

The customer service was very good throughout the process. After this second time around I am very happy with their work and would recommend them.

I believe a lot of what happened was they may have been swamped with it getting sent to them immediately after they reopened, and some QC aspects were missed in the rush to reduce the workload and turnaround times.

However that being said they were very easy to communicate with, and transparent in their responses which added a sense of security. The second time I sent it in the turnaround time was much shorter as well, and the product came out exactly like I was looking for.

Thanks to Rolliworks for fixing this one up. My father had it since pretty much new, and I have put about 14 years more of wear on top of it since then. It was time and this watch/bracelet means a lot to me, and I appreciate what you all have done on bringing this band back.

Old 27 June 2020, 12:23 PM   #82
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Good outcome.
interestedwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 01:16 PM   #83
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Great result that keeps everyone happy and great looking watch
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 01:23 PM   #84
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
All's well that ends well ;)
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 05:50 AM   #85
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
Great result that keeps everyone happy and great looking watch
Thank you. I appreciate it. Glad to have it back on the original band again.
Old 28 June 2020, 12:10 PM   #86
MacanS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk, Z blue
Glad it worked out. They are on the top of my list when I want to send my blnr for some light laser welding.

Professional response to an issue and remedied it immediately. Not much more you could ask for
MacanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 02:48 PM   #87
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
I will continue to use and recommend them 100%. Mike is great!
Good for you. Let me know how it works out for you if and when he destroys a $15,000 watch of yours. You'll think different then.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 06:38 AM   #88
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Good for you. Let me know how it works out for you if and when he destroys a $15,000 watch of yours. You'll think different then.

Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 02:46 PM   #89
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

I would never send my Rolex to a co that does not use 100% genuine parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 07:41 PM   #90
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Wow, not good. Can you give us more details?
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote