The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 April 2018, 12:17 AM   #1
Sunshine
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
2008 116710 not keeping time.

I have a 2008 GMT Master II that has give me trouble for years. It has been in for service twice for not keeping time. I always return to my Rolex dealer to be sent back to Rolex for service so no fast fix crap from the mall. If I wear it from day to day it will keep time. I do wind it as many others have instructed. The problem I have is when I don't wear for several months. When I get it out and back running it has trouble keeping time for the the first day or so. So i purchased a winder to keep it running when I'm not wearing it. Now I noticed that on the winder it runs about 10 min fast over the course of a few months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 16 April 2018, 04:07 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
. . . Now I noticed that on the winder it runs about 10 min fast over the course of a few months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If your winder is set too low your watch may run fast on it as the amplitude will decrease, speeding it slightly. Still, 3 seconds a day is a minute and a half a month, so 10 minutes when you notice it some months later is no real biggy, It is not going to stay the same.
Old 16 April 2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Sunshine
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
I will adjust my winder a try that. I quess Im just a little gun shy with this one. All my others with no service keep perfect time. My 1680 is a little fast but it's 30 years old and has never been serviced...
Old 16 April 2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Chris85
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP ROO YG
My new BLNR runs about -3s a day while wearing it 24/7...debating whether or not I should open it and adjust, or bring it back to dealer. I really don't want to wait months to get it back.

Yes, I've got the tools to do so but never done it on a new purchase, only vintage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
I have a 2008 GMT Master II that has give me trouble for years. It has been in for service twice for not keeping time. I always return to my Rolex dealer to be sent back to Rolex for service so no fast fix crap from the mall. If I wear it from day to day it will keep time. I do wind it as many others have instructed. The problem I have is when I don't wear for several months. When I get it out and back running it has trouble keeping time for the the first day or so. So i purchased a winder to keep it running when I'm not wearing it. Now I noticed that on the winder it runs about 10 min fast over the course of a few months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
3 seconds per day is one and a half minutes in 30 days.
That is normal. I do not know why they did not tell you about it in the sevice.
I clarify that I do not like those differences either but it is normal in these types of watches. That's why I sold my Sub. and I did not like that it was barely more than 24 hours without using it, it stopped.
My wife bought a Geneva with a quarz movement for $ 20 on the streets of New York and since 2010 this watch do not advance or delay any second.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote