The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 October 2017, 09:19 PM   #31
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post
Agree with you and others here. For me I'd buy the jumbo for what it is an represents; heritage and design, not to tell the time. 9 times out of 10 I whip out the old iPhone to tell what time it is.
Having owned 10 APs (including the 15300, 14790 and 7 Offshores), I can safely say that the 15202 is the one I've had the greatest connection with and have the greatest pleasure of owning. While Offshores are fun, they aren't keepers to pass onto the next generation in my book - they are trendy in their own right.

The 15202 design has 45 years of heritage behind it - the case proportions, dial, movement and bracelet all are similar to the original, just that marginal evolutionary improvements have been made along the way. It is really a timeless classic - and that quality to make it a watch I can see passing to future generations.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2017, 10:57 PM   #32
sirish19
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-VC-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Having owned 10 APs (including the 15300, 14790 and 7 Offshores), I can safely say that the 15202 is the one I've had the greatest connection with and have the greatest pleasure of owning. While Offshores are fun, they aren't keepers to pass onto the next generation in my book - they are trendy in their own right.

The 15202 design has 45 years of heritage behind it - the case proportions, dial, movement and bracelet all are similar to the original, just that marginal evolutionary improvements have been made along the way. It is really a timeless classic - and that quality to make it a watch I can see passing to future generations.

Couldn’t agree more. The Jumbo is indeed an icon and I absolutely love mine. I am excited to pass it on to my son someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2017, 02:21 AM   #33
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I have a small 6.5 or slightly smaller wrist. I have an AP RO chrono and the 15407 both on a bracelet. For the former I had to get the 1.5x link but not the later. The thickness and size of the watch made a difference
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 11:17 AM   #34
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahn View Post
Just to add to this thread, 3 different RO sizes on my 7.25" wrists.

To me, my 41 ROC fits well, but the 39mm Jumbo to me is perfection. The 37mm 15450 also fits nicely IMO and the smaller size gives it a bit more of a vintage look.
37 looks perfect on you and your wrist looks more like 6.5
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote